• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ideas?

Pinker85

So I've decided to just do it as I always do which is jumping in the deep end and hoping I figure out how to swim. I'm going to start my own business. No I'm not interested in ever employing another person which means ideally I just want to make enough to do OK. I had originally thought about raw vegan food delivered via bicycle and hitting up the farmers market circuit. Any ideas where to start? Food ideas? How much would you pay for lunch? What flavors you craving about lunchtime?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I've decided to just do it as I always do which is jumping in the deep end and hoping I figure out how to swim. I'm going to start my own business. No I'm not interested in ever employing another person which means ideally I just want to make enough to do OK. I had originally thought about raw vegan food delivered via bicycle and hitting up the farmers market circuit. Any ideas where to start? Food ideas? How much would you pay for lunch? What flavors you craving about lunchtime?

After having read two of your posts, I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say you're an ENTP with a whiff of type 7.

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
I had originally thought about raw vegan food delivered via bicycle and hitting up the farmers market circuit. Any ideas where to start? Food ideas? How much would you pay for lunch? What flavors you craving about lunchtime?

If you can cook in high volumes, there is actually an emerging market for preparing food for those with alternative diets - wheat & dairy free for example. Just remember to make food that you actually like (and rice flour is gross).

Pinker85

I think that will be the big thing finding a small scale commercial kitchen that rents by the hour. I think I still haven't pinned down the clientele to focus on. I'd like to be able to have more a street food bicycle type set-up but since I live in a warm climate refrigeration may be an issue. I'd love to figure out how to have some type of solar powered refrigerator.

N

NPcomplete

I think that will be the big thing finding a small scale commercial kitchen that rents by the hour. I think I still haven't pinned down the clientele to focus on. I'd like to be able to have more a street food bicycle type set-up but since I live in a warm climate refrigeration may be an issue. I'd love to figure out how to have some type of solar powered refrigerator.

Hmm I'm curious and I probably missed something but how will you be able to have a refrigerator in a bicycle set-up? Or will the food be stored in the fridge in a kitchen and you'll only be delivering the food? :thinking:

I was thinking maybe a food truck (on a much smaller scale but based on the idea) could work. You'd have space to store the ingredients, the food... Unfortunately, it might not be very environmentally-friendly.

Flavours at lunch: anything really as long as it tastes good.

Good luck!

Pinker85

bicycle,funny,photography,trailer-c4ce57d028ce17bb3b9e940d37b9c008_m.jpg

I was thinking something more like this. Kidding. :p Narf.

bt_bestcargotrailer_300.jpg

Just a fridge/stand set-up instead.

Bicycles are really hip right now. If I was a dick and wanted to expand I'd toss people out throughout the city. I would be in charge of production at the kitchen since most people wouldn't want to work those hours (super early morning) which I prefer. There are enough "kids" around that are all over the bike fad right now and would want to work on something as unique as this which would be something like owning your own portable franchise (ie a glorified hotdog stand sssh) and would allow me to get a pretty decent quality of worker (or at least someone that will sell the product well). Crap I could even get them to pay into it as a start-up fee like Amway. Hmm. Ideas. Ideas. Ideas. Always hard to tell what to do when there are a thousand a minute and most of them are shit.

Thanks for the encouragement! :)

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Ideas. Ideas. Ideas. Always hard to tell what to do when there are a thousand a minute and most of them are shit.

:laugh: I have the same problem. It's called Ne, and means there's a good chance you are ENTP.

I'm not veg or vegan, but I am interested in healthy food and one of the things I've been enjoying lately is green soup (courtesy of [MENTION=10491]mmhmm[/MENTION]). Basically I go onto epicurious.com, search the soup recipes, and steal and adapt one of them, or just make it up myself. I have a high speed blender so I thrown in some fresh spinach, an avocado, and whatever other ingredients contribute to the flavor of the soup. (Edit: forgot to also mention water or veg stock). I heat them up when I eat them, but if you're doing raw, you could do cold green soups.

One of my favs is adapted from a recipe for Indian soup w chickpeas, so in addition to the spinach and avocado, I grind up the curry-ish spices and throw them in, plus a can of chickpeas (you could use reconstituted dried chickpeas instead), and it's pretty yummy and filling.

I also make a really simple, easy, quick one stolen from another recipe for sauce to put on fish called chermoula. The flavor ingredients include 1 bunch cilantro, 4 garlic cloves (for me, 1 clove is enough), 2 tsp gr cumin, bit fresh lemon juice, bit of salt & pepper.

Anyway, good luck, hope it works out!

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A

Love your idea - call yourself "The Salad Spinners"
- if you delivered a vegan / gluten-free salad with raw ingredients to my work everyday, I would pay $10 bucks for it. You will have to find the sweet spot of price point though. And you'll have to maintain a great high quality product, refrigeration a must, and sourcing ingredients might be an issue too if you're not in the most temperate climate.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Give up the food idea and sell electric bicycles. Easy to build if you get an engineer on board and da shit to earn money with atm