• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How did you get your job?

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Wanted to gtfo of my previous job, resigned from that one, saw an online posting for this one a while later, applied, interviewed, got the job.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
After I obtained my undergraduate degree in the middle of the pandemic, I started looking for any office positions that would take me. I applied for the administrative assistant position at the place where I currently work, filled out an application, and after doing a quick review of my app, they decided to call me in for an interview.

I was sent to the CEO's office, and she shared with me that they had an opening for their reports analyst position. She and the other people in operations thought I would be an excellent fit for the job due to my college degree, grades, and work experiences. She basically hired me before she even interviewed me, actually, for which I am lucky since I don't make good first impressions anywhere except paper.

Long story short and I'm sure I've explained this in some other thread, I was getting harassed in a toxic work environment at the position above (and later it turned out I would not be the only person dealing with similar shit), and I believed I needed to leave to keep any semblance of sanity I have.

I took my time searching for some place better and ended up working at a water pump company for a month before I got let go due to lack of technical knowledge, and now I'm working at a newspaper publisher in the advertising department. I got this job after applying on Indeed and being asked to interview due to my relevant resume and degree. They did not judge me for the "failures" at my previous two jobs, and wanted to take me on since I suppose they saw potential in me. I hope I'm proving them right.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
i got my job by making a friend while playing DotA 2 in 2011. after playing the game together for almost 2 years, one day i was complaining about the job i had at the time, and we figured out that we actually lived only a zipcode away from eachother.
he told me to send my resume and i applied at his company. after a few months i was working there.
we worked together for about 5 years before he "retired" but we kept in touch. when the dude came out of retirement a few years later, i applied at his new company and got the job there too.

so i basically owe my entire career to one friend, and DotA 2 LOL

and everybody told me that video games would never take me anywhere pfff

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I had my updated profile in LinkedIn, with my past experience, education, language skills and other things listed.

HR person from the company expressed interest in my profile, she forwarded my details to the team that was hiring, the team management and the team owner interviewed me, approved of me, and told HR about their decision to hire. HR approved, I wrote the contract and the employment started.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
LinkedIn. Somebody sent me a message asking if I was interested in working in this company. I thought it was a long shot, but I gave it a shot and responded anyway pretty quickly. I ended up getting it... the interview was actually the last thing I did before Covid hit.