• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Computer Programming for an INTP

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lots of fun? Excellent way to express (and fine-hone) your logical thinking faculties?

Unless you're like me and never get around to finishing your software projects.... hahahaha

esidebill

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Lots of fun? Excellent way to express (and fine-hone) your logical thinking faculties?

Unless you're like me and never get around to finishing your software projects.... hahahaha

I can relate -_-

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I think that in general, it's a pretty good occupational choice for an INTP. At least for me, for the most part I can apply my strengths to it -- when it comes to actually building systems. The rest of it (bureaucracy, politics, etc.) is just infuriating, but I'm not sure that's avoidable anywhere.

esidebill

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
I think that in general, it's a pretty good occupational choice for an INTP. At least for me, for the most part I can apply my strengths to it -- when it comes to actually building systems. The rest of it (bureaucracy, politics, etc.) is just infuriating, but I'm not sure that's avoidable anywhere.

I don't think you can go anywhere without having some type of political mess ruining your work in some way.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
the INTPs I know seem to enjoy it.

Fan.of.Devin

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Be prepared to work on a lot of projects which you won't exactly find thrillingly interesting on behalf of whoever ends up hiring you, and maybe try to balance it out with some fun/fulfilling stuff on your own time.

Best of luck.