• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Honors Research Topics

G

Glycerine

I have some things in mind but what kinds of topics are plausible to research/ do an experiment in the field of psychology? If I get accepted, it's going to be a yearlong endeavor.

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
How much scope are you given? Honours is often more about choosing a thesis supervisor, since you are limited within the scope of their research interests.

Most of my grand ideas involve creating waves. I personally think the role of the field of psychology/psychiatry itself in stigmatising/trivializing illness needs to be explored. The mainstream thrust of this field is basically: all you need is antidepressants or CBT (or less popular psychotherapies), for whatever malady you have. Regardless of whether it is fatigue due to AIDS, MS or MDD, or a mental disease such as schizophrenia (how CBT could cure that I'll never know). There is also a pseudoscientific linking of the risks of many diseases to stress or behaviour through hand-waving towards the biopsychosocial "model". I put "model" in quotes because it is not like the well defined and easily testable models in other sciences.

I do have some more mundane ideas too, but I'm not going to explain them on the forum.