• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Children Self-Educating

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk60sYrU2RU&feature=relmfu

This is very interesting! What do you think?

It is almost 20 minutes long so give it some time. Essentially, this man set up computers in the street in India at children's eye levels. What the kids did with the computers (which they had never, ever seen before, these were poor, rural areas) is pretty astounding. He did a bunch of other experiments based on the results he got from this. Kids are pretty amazing.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk60sYrU2RU&feature=relmfu

This is very interesting! What do you think?

It is almost 20 minutes long so give it some time. Essentially, this man set up computers in the street in India at children's eye levels. What the kids did with the computers (which they had never, ever seen before, these were poor, rural areas) is pretty astounding. He did a bunch of other experiments based on the results he got from this. Kids are pretty amazing.

A misprized commodity. :)

O

Oberon

My elder son is 15. This is his Facebook status this morning: "[User Name] is retopologizing Cicero's bust."

In reply to a query about what exactly that meant, he posted: "Retopologizing - creating new or refining the existing topology for a 3D model."

It was probably three years ago that he first downloaded Blender, an open-source 3D modeling and rendering app. He has bootstrapped his way into being a journeyman user, maybe even something of an expert. I am very proud.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I feel like my generation will be largely self-taught... There are so many examples among people I know of stuff like that, it's so cool. The everything with computers is made seems to encourage self-instruction. I love it!

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
I'm 15 so I guess I can chime in. I owe most of my acquired knowledge to the internet, especially that concerning history and politics.