• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Organizers and Planning Systems

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I really need some sort of place where I can keep track of important dates/tasks/notes/etc. I've been hesitating on moving forward on this because the idea of committing my future to some sort of schedule feels like window shopping for straight jackets.

In anycase, I was being irrational, so now I'm gathering info. I'm personally thinking about going with pen & paper, maybe Moleskin or something like that. Something portable and tactile sounds appealing to me. I have no idea on how I'd organize it.

What do you all do?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know longer use a pen and paper planner. I use Google Calendar and send email reminders to myself.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I spend so much time on the computer I find it helpful to get away from the comp for a while and do most of my planning in a good old 2 page a day Franklin Planner (Daytimer), classic size (~4" x 6" pages). Plus, I have made a To Do blog here in the forums to keep me motivated.

Buy a nice leather bound planner, some enjoyable pens etc. in order to make the process somewhat less onerous. I find my best planning time is at night, and then in the morning I am not trying to start the day off by trying to figure out what to do.

P

Phantonym

Cell phone calendar reminders. And I double the most important ones with e-mail reminders. Sometimes triple with Post-It's. :D

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm.. I guess I've never had a busy enough life to need an actual organizer or reminder system. I write events/appointments down on a calendar, and for miscellaneous tasks that aren't time-sensitive, I just keep it all in my head (this comes naturally to me, so I realize this isn't a 'method')or if that becomes too overwhelming I make a bullet-point list on scratch paper so as to keep track of things that way rather than worrying about forgetting about something in my head.

Work-related things? The Outlook system/calendar is used, and reminders automatically go out. But that's policy here.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I married an SJ.. lol

Well it's true.. I admit, I am floundering without her organizing my life..

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Buy a nice leather bound planner, some enjoyable pens etc. in order to make the process somewhat less onerous. I find my best planning time is at night, and then in the morning I am not trying to start the day off by trying to figure out what to do.

I love writing supplies. This is funny, because my handwriting sucks. I might keep my calendar on Google for automated reminders, but everything else on paper. I feel uncomfortable having a large portion of my life digitized for reasons that only make sense to me.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I use a combination of google calendar and pen-and-paper notebooks.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I use a small (paper) pocket calendar. I keep my phone and email contacts in it, daily appointments, etc. It is a single, centralized item; not dependent on batteries or other power; not subject to data corruption unless it gets so wet the writing smudges. Sometimes low-tech is the most reliable.

Within

Permabanned
I've never gotten into using day planners and calendars. I've had too many who's only purpose have been to lay around and collect skin flakes. If the off chance occurs that I for some reason believe that I would forget something, I would simply make an entry on my cellphone. But for most cases I rely on my memory.

wolfy

awsm
System wise the closest I got was GTD. I like pencil and paper best, it has to be a pencil. I did use reminder services like remember the milk for a bit, and google.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I use the organizer on my phone and if it's something that will occur soon, I write it on my arms :blush:

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
man. i also use moleskines. but that's all for note taking.
ideas that pop in my head. need to catch them before
they float away. in that case, always easier to write
it down.

so hipster. makes me want to find horn rimmed glasses.

i usually organise everything on the computer then
sync sync sync. i hate fighting with the phone.

F

figsfiggyfigs

man. i also use moleskines. but that's all for note taking.
ideas that pop in my head. need to catch them before
they float away. in that case, always easier to write
it down.

so hipster. makes me want to find horn rimmed glasses.

i usually organise everything on the computer then
sync sync sync. i hate fighting with the phone.

Thats what I mainly use. Unless its something very important, it usually goes straight to my little notebook instead. i hate waisting time writing it on a computer/cellphone, when I can just keep it on my notebook that I carry around everywhere. I always just double check it all the time.

Old school.

I actually dreamt I lost my little book, I woke up freaking out . :laugh:

Baudolino

MBTI Type
INTx
I spend so much time on the computer I find it helpful to get away from the comp for a while and do most of my planning in a good old 2 page a day Franklin Planner (Daytimer), classic size (~4" x 6" pages). Plus, I have made a To Do blog here in the forums to keep me motivated.

I use a Franklin planner too. I use the wirebound one because I find it more portable.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Doesn't anyone use those little paper planner things anymore?

Those have helped me a lot and they are portable enough.

Also a phone planner would work for portability and ease if you have a fancy enough phone.