• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm terrified.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I fell asleep about eight times today and I'm still tired, and I haven't even done anything...

I mean my entire life is chill out time and still I'm like this. I have absolutely zero chance of surviving in the real world. Walmart will kill me and suck the marrow from my bones.
I skipped through the posts in this thread, but it sounds like you may have a sleep disorder. You shouldn't be falling asleep so much during the day. Have you seen a doctor?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Maybe eight times is an exaggeration. It was more like three or four.

It's probably the snow.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I'm sad to hear that you're all tired and stressed out with school & work. First year takes a little getting used to. You may be feeling constantly tired despite all the rest because of stress. It happened to me a couple weeks back when I had a ton of stuff due and my laptop wouldn't boot up. Comes from being a worrywart 4... constant thoughts running about in your head and probably even in your dreams. =P

I found that it really helps to put things into perspective. Sure, a 10% employment rate is rather high, but think about the other 90% of people with jobs. Do you think people with jobs and people who don't are all the same? If not, what did they do to find jobs? What can you do to do the same? You never know what you can or cannot do in the future if you don't give it your best.

:hug:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
The words terrified and school/clerical work should never be in the sentence, it diminishes the word terrified.

Go watch a documentary on Darfur or something and be more grateful about your cushy life.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
If I lived in Darfur, I would have been the very first killed or to die from exhaustion.

I am the weakest of the weak, the lowest of the low.

I don't deserve to live.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Even the emotionally/physically weak can make it in America. Maybe just not in NYC.

At least you probably have an above average IQ, go with that.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Haphazard said:
I don't deserve to live

What, has this become your mantra now or something? You've littered this site with that saying, and I think it's time you stopped. It's not true - you have as much right to be alive today as anyone else - and you're doing yourself and everyone else a disservice by repeating it. Snap the hell out of it already.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Well you have enough serotonin/dopamine/endorphins in your body to barely get out of bed and type, and exercise, if you still do. That's a start. And don't think for a second that your condition isn't 100% all about these chemicals.

And until your life circumstances boost your serotonin/dopamine/endorphin levels, or in case you were born with a low propensity for these things, I'm serious when I say consider an anti-depressant or anti-anxiety med. I think I read you are against all these unnatural chemicals (there's natural options), but they'll still possibly improve your quality of life drastically, or even get you to a place where you get the nice feelings naturally and don't need them anymore. So you'll still be feeling like "eww chemicals I don't want that" but at least you'll be feeling, and feeling nice.

CHECK. MATE. I just saved your life, now go out there and do it up!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Antidepressants ruined my father's life.

Well, no, maybe that's not true. His life was ruined to begin with. I think the antidepressants just keep him from beating my mother.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Antidepressants ruined my father's life.

Well, no, maybe that's not true. His life was ruined to begin with. I think the antidepressants just keep him from beating my mother.

It could help you, it could do nothing, it could hurt. But it's something, gotta do something. I think the chances are you'd feel better and your QOL would go up, long enough for you to get more real world satisfaction.

I'd also consider anti-anxiety.... although that can make you more apathetic, we don't need anymore of that out of you! Maybe research the med forums and see which was best for which kind of person.

Better to do this now before you'll have to pay for your own health insurance past age 26.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
This obviously can't be real depression anyway because I'm still doing my goddamn homework.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
This obviously can't be real depression anyway because I'm still doing my goddamn homework.

Your original post sounded more like burn-out than depression. If you start skipping classes for weeks at a time, or if the exhaustion is persistant or severe, then you should get suspicious and talk to a school counselor. You don't want it to get to the point where your grades drop. I learned that the hard way...

EDIT:
If I lived in Darfur, I would have been the very first killed or to die from exhaustion.

I am the weakest of the weak, the lowest of the low.

I don't deserve to live.

I just read this. ...this doesn't make sense. "I get tired, therefore I am a worthless human being." Perhaps you were just ranting, but if you feel this way most of the time, that's a red flag. That, along with a family history of depression. Regardless, if your state of mind doesn't improve after your break, talk to someone (not on the computer) that you feel comfortable with who can help you work though things. You need the feedback to keep you in check with the "real world."

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I fell asleep about eight times today and I'm still tired, and I haven't even done anything...

I mean my entire life is chill out time and still I'm like this. I have absolutely zero chance of surviving in the real world. Walmart will kill me and suck the marrow from my bones.

I think it's time for a trip to your primary care physician. You don't know what's going on, and internet people don't know s@%t, and you're "terrified." I don't know if you feel hopeless because you're exhausted, or are exhausted because you feel hopeless... or both. A doctor will help you figure it out, or will refer you to someone who can.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Your original post sounded more like burn-out than depression. If you start skipping classes for weeks at a time, or if the exhaustion is persistant or severe, then you should get suspicious and talk to a school counselor. You don't want it to get to the point where your grades drop. I learned that the hard way...

You know, Haphazard, if this is burn-out stress related. I completely would diagnose valium or xanax xr for you, but being a mod I can actually do that. Do you ever panic? Just tell the psychiatrist you have the mod's approval.

For seriously, your stress will instantly erase with anti-anxiety meds. I used to use them recreationally.

MBTI Type
Mann
I am in the same boat Haph. I went from making 4 As and a C my first semester(while working) to 4Fs and a C by the next one. Only thing I ever did that made it better was taking my little blue pill(anti-anxiety.) I didn't like the idea of putting chemicals in my body either, but once you get past feeling like shit on a daily basis that one pill a day is really worth it.