• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Victoria's Secret Interview

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Tomorrow I have an interview with Victoria's Secret and wanted to know if anyone else here has worked for them. What were your experiences? Did you have trouble with co-workers? Positives or negatives?

I'm extremely nervous about this interview since I've never had a one on one interview for a job before. Any advice? I appreciate it greatly!

Last edited:

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
No, I would never think of doing that. I actually think that setting a bomb off in their office is a better way to go. It'll show them that I'm the bomb! They'll want me for sure.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I worked at Vicky's! :smile:

It was fun, the girls (and boys) always talked about sex, and that's where I got my start as a Faghag Supreme.

I learned that even though you may see your coworkers stealing, it's best to keep your mouth shut about it, NO MATTER WHAT THOSE VIDEOS SAY. But of course, tell the manager what they want to hear. Get used to seeing boobies and butts and don't put returned underwear back on the hangers--it happens with alarming frequency. Don't lie to the women about how they look, IME they'll buy from you when they know you're not handing them a bunch of BS. I racked up a lot of sales (and more hours) because of that I realized. You can tell a customer off and have your manager completely support if you have a good track record with customers and solid sales in proportion to your hours. Try not to take nasty customers personally, they often feel ugly inside and VS tends to attract people that are trying to use sex appeal to compensate.

Know the fragrances. Say things like base, middle, and top notes. Like if a woman was waffling about whether or not to buy Very Sexy, at the end of the day she'd smell the "subtle base notes" and whatever else stuff I'd say. Of course, you'd have to read the product info to know that and most Sales Associates didn't. Tell them you're especially good at keeping up with their policies regarding returns--cause you shop there! When telling the manager how you'd sell an item use really rich words. If you're selling a bra to a woman say rounded, high, plush not things like "that gives you good support!" That's non-descriptive. Say how the bra shapes and forms her body and what it does for it, not how comfortable it is. Once again, sexy is an image people are trying to emulate. Demo the makeup and wear VS products, especially lipsticks and glosses.

OK, I'm going to brag...I only worked on Friday nights for 4 hrs and and two 8 hr shifts on the weekends, but I was one of the top three Sales Associates in the store. Whenever I was on school break they always gave me a 40 hr schedule, so if you want to differentiate yourself from the other associates keep on top of the product knowledge, return policies, volunteer to stay after your shift if they need you too, don't steal customers from other associates, and above all be friendly and honest to the customers.

Good luck!

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I worked at Vicky's! :smile:

It was fun, the girls (and boys) always talked about sex, and that's where I got my start as a Faghag Supreme.

I learned that even though you may see your coworkers stealing, it's best to keep your mouth shut about it, NO MATTER WHAT THOSE VIDEOS SAY. But of course, tell the manager what they want to hear. Get used to seeing boobies and butts and don't put returned underwear back on the hangers--it happens with alarming frequency. Don't lie to the women about how they look, IME they'll buy from you when they know you're not handing them a bunch of BS. I racked up a lot of sales (and more hours) because of that I realized. You can tell a customer off and have your manager completely support if you have a good track record with customers and solid sales in proportion to your hours. Try not to take nasty customers personally, they often feel ugly inside and VS tends to attract people that are trying to use sex appeal to compensate.

Know the fragrances. Say things like base, middle, and top notes. Like if a woman was waffling about whether or not to buy Very Sexy, at the end of the day she'd smell the "subtle base notes" and whatever else stuff I'd say. Of course, you'd have to read the product info to know that and most Sales Associates didn't. Tell them you're especially good at keeping up with their policies regarding returns--cause you shop there! When telling the manager how you'd sell an item use really rich words. If you're selling a bra to a woman say rounded, high, plush not things like "that gives you good support!" That's non-descriptive. Say how the bra shapes and forms her body and what it does for it, not how comfortable it is. Once again, sexy is an image people are trying to emulate. Demo the makeup and wear VS products, especially lipsticks and glosses.

OK, I'm going to brag...I only worked on Friday nights for 4 hrs and and two 8 hr shifts on the weekends, but I was one of the top three Sales Associates in the store. Whenever I was on school break they always gave me a 40 hr schedule, so if you want to differentiate yourself from the other associates keep on top of the product knowledge, return policies, volunteer to stay after your shift if they need you too, don't steal customers from other associates, and above all be friendly and honest to the customers.

Good luck!

Woah, thank you! That helps me quite a bit. It makes me more nervous about the interview, but it helps it just the same ;).

I do have a question for you. How long does the training process usually go and what should I come out of it knowing? I have never been in retail so this is an extremely new field I'm getting myself into (God help me!).

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Woah, thank you! That helps me quite a bit. It makes me more nervous about the interview, but it helps it just the same ;).

I do have a question for you. How long does the training process usually go and what should I come out of it knowing? I have never been in retail so this is an extremely new field I'm getting myself into (God help me!).

I don't remember much training...I remember watching training videos and shadowing a more experienced sales associated. By more experienced I mean they've been there three months. I'd already had jobs as a sales associate so maybe I didn't need much training on process, I just needed to know the products. Think about what you want to happen when you go into a store. Think about your best customer services experiences and try to replicate those.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Alright, sounds easy enough. :)
Thank you very much for shedding some knowledge on me. The more I know, the less likely I'll be over come by my nerves.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Alright, sounds easy enough. :)
Thank you very much for shedding some knowledge on me. The more I know, the less likely I'll be over come by my nerves.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
You may want to just go into the store and familiarize yourself with the displays and how things are set up around the cash wrap. Look at the website too and see what products are there. I find more knowledge empowering and calming but don't overwhelm yourself if too much info scatters you.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I will attempt to not overwhelm myself with information. I'm hoping all goes well and that I don't make an utter fool of myself. :D

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I thought you were going to interview someone at Victoria Secret. It took me a couple of posts, thinking, "Gee, they aren't really giving good interviewing advice..." and then I realized I was a dumbass. :doh:

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Proof as to what Victoria's Secret does to the human mind! :shock:

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Nah, I'm going to attribute it to being an English major and thinking you were in journalism or something.

It's not everyday that I interact with people who work for Victoria's Secret.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Nah, I'm going to attribute it to being an English major and thinking you were in journalism or something.

I'm gonna jump in on this conversation just so I can say I've also talked with a [hopefully futurte] VS employee. Feel my popularity go up UP UP!!! baby! ;)

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

:laugh: You're good to go, no worries.

I'm gonna jump in on this conversation just so I can say I've also talked with a [hopefully futurte] VS employee. Feel my popularity go up UP UP!!! baby! ;)
Yup, see? Scott knows whats up. :D

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your family is gonna let you work there?

Chloe

My friend got back to work in VS 6 weeks after she had baby. Thats totally unreasonable time... If i was Seal, her husband, i'd totally forbid my wife to go... but seems like he alows Heidi everything :/ i guess because she is kinda good looking

I hope they will threat you better than they did my friend!