• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anyone here a student/alumnus of MIT?

lookcloser

I plan to apply after my undergrad(I'll graduate in 2 years).

Can you advice me on how much they care about your GPA? Because my GPA is much less than impressive so far, gotta pull it up in the two years.
Thanks in advance though :D

p.s:- I'm an INFP studying to get into a biology graduate program :)

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I took a few course there awhile back. I'm not sure the GPA requirements of the various departments, but would offer two recommendations.

1. Get some lab/research experience as an undergrad, if possible; summer internships, independent study, etc. As much as possible. This looks good on applications.

2. Get in touch with a professor or two in the department you would like to join. Choose which ones based upon their papers or websites, or student recommendations if you can get any. Ask their advice on building up your credentials/preparation. Most are happy to speak with interested undergrads, can tell you exactly what the departrment looks for in grad students, and this way they will know who you are when you do apply.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
I plan to apply after my undergrad(I'll graduate in 2 years).

Can you advice me on how much they care about your GPA? Because my GPA is much less than impressive so far, gotta pull it up in the two years.
Thanks in advance though :D

p.s:- I'm an INFP studying to get into a biology graduate program :)

i got into sloan. went to another school though.

applying to schools, there's two main factors they consider:
1. the quantitative (gpa, standardized tests)
2. qualitative (recs, essays, accomplishments).

so there's ways to offset the gpa.

do you have anything published yet?
do you know who you're planning to ask to write your recs?
how is your current program ranked? nationwide? worldwide?

the admissions committee processes applications by regions.
so it's good to be aware of the competition you're up against.

ahh. how i miss cambridge.