• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lost as to what to do.

O

Oberon

hmmm... all I can say is that in academics following your intellectual passions doesn't always pay off... I have 3 liberal arts degrees and can't find a job using any of them thanks to a government hiring freeze in my area :thumbdown:

There's always a flip side. I've got one BA in English and parlayed it into a technical writing career that has finally landed me in a nice secure position with a pharmaceutical company doing work that I coridially loathe.

Sometimes following your intellectual passions really doesn't pay off, as you say.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
also, intuitives problem: all must make sense on greater level...i must satisfy your current feelings, hunches, interests...it must stimulate you
getting distracted is easy when you are like that, always searching for something new.

ExTP seems more like ENTP in your case.

I thought that was Ti...but yeah, I've been thinking I'm ENTP lately...I do have a lot of Se moments though.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
haha is it? wow. then i use it a lot.

i thought Ne because i connect too much in my head and want to connect everything on wide level.. which is so often unrealistic

You're probably right too. Everything must make sense sounds like Ti, but 'On a greater level' could be Ne at work as well.

velocity

MBTI Type
epic
hmmm... all I can say is that in academics following your intellectual passions doesn't always pay off... I have 3 liberal arts degrees and can't find a job using any of them thanks to a government hiring freeze in my area :thumbdown:

study the most practical thing you can find that won't bore you to tears and take the classes that really interest you for your electives... or if you're super lucky, you'll find something practical that you're passionate about :holy:

which degrees? what sort of jobs do you enjoy?