• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

college?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Depends on what you're looking for.

- Want specific education that'll get you a job in a specific field fast with little money invested? Community college locally.

- Want to experience the world while studying? A university with abroad options. Both community and undergrad universities offer this.

- Want a tradition education? You can be a transfer student to a university.

The main thing with college is to just get started on it. There are basics you need no matter what you want to do (or lack of knowing what you want in my case for a while.) so even if you're confused on a major or degree, you can still get some core classes needed out of the way. My only suggestion is not to half-ass it.

Example of said half-assing: You start out with a liberal arts degree, so you decide to take intro to biology.. then later decide "omg I like math and wanna be an engineer" and you end up needing biology 1, which is the harder version of the same class.

Know when you can take easier classes and when you should make effort to take a less desirable class to ensure it transfers to many other universities in your area.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I've got some basics out of the way. I've taken 4 APs and will take 3 more this year. and I took an intro to forensics that is interchangeable with a liberal arts credit.

i'm looking at the U of Minnesota and the U of Florida. I could never afford to get into a Private school... screw money. :steam:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Private schools are overrated. I'd choose the one with more convenience and less tuition personally, as well as the one with the lower cost of living in the general areas.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Private schools are overrated. I'd choose the one with more convenience and less tuition personally, as well as the one with the lower cost of living in the general areas.

alright then I'm on the right path.

the university of minnesota has a $16,000 out of state tuition. that's about all I can afford. I don't want to go to school in NYS.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Apply to Harvard! Free tuition if your fam makes under 60K :yes:

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[Edit]: Harvard is a good school. Look at the education you would get out of it. That is what I would look for, in a college.

What I can gain from it.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Apply to Harvard! Free tuition if your fam makes under 60K :yes:

applying to a college is a lot more tedious than you think. it also costs a lot. Money to send in ACTs/SATs/APs/Application Fees. Easier said than done, kid-o.
Why?

Because it has such a shitty education program?
No. Universities can't have "shitty education programs"
They have such a low out of state tuition because they are trying to attract out of state students that would otherwise turn down an out of state school because of the high prices. U of M has over 50,000 students.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
[Edit]: Harvard is a good school. Look at the education you would get out of it. That is what I would look for, in a college.

What I can gain from it.

K, good luck getting into Harvard. Tell me how that goes, sport.
picard-facepalm.jpg

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dude, I know. I am in the process of applying to colleges too, thanks. And don't ever call me kid-o again, please.

And I was being facetious when I said that it has a poor program. It was in reference to saying 'fuck Harvard'.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And it is worth a shot, trying to get in (me, that is).

So what if I don't? I was just trying to be helpful.

No need for me to get shot down.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
alright, and I'm saying good luck getting into harvard. for real, they only admitt 8% of applicants. But I won't doubt you because I don't know you.

and yes, I caught your facetiousness.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Brown does it too, cafe.

And someone else did, but they deleted their post. Sorry, that wasn't to you :)
I don't expect to get in, but hey. Maybe I am unique and smart enough.

Good luck.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Brown does it too, cafe.

Good luck.

alright cool. i second guess myself sometimes.
you as well.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Brown does it too, cafe.

Good luck.
Never hurts to try and you simply cannot beat free, especially Ivy League free.

My oldest daughter's SAT scores weren't quite Ivy League level but they were close. She didn't study for it and she wrote a really bogus essay for the composition part. :doh: Something about a fudge-cicle changing the world. My other three kids do pretty well in school, too and in our dreams we make over $60K. :laugh:

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Haha, I see where you are coming from. I didn't study for my SAT. I didn't realize how short the essay part's time was, so I spent 20 minutes thinking about what to write, and 5 minutes writing. As a result, I wrote the worst I have EVER written. I am a pretty talented writer, too haha.

But hey, maybe your other kids can do it. It is allllways worth a shot :)

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I studied for my SATs and only got a 1780. I'm retaking them. After the test I realized that you can't, our shouldn't really, study for that test. it's also a god awful test.

I did really well on my ACTs (31). That's what I'm sending to colleges. The ACT should be the one and only college entrance test...

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't you have to send ACT and SAT for a lot of them?

I didn't study, did miserable on the writing, and got a...1680? Worst test I have ever done haha.

I haven't done the ACT though. They should like you ACT scores :yes: