• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

College Majors/Careers Ideas for ISFJ

Michiev0us

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
four
Hi, I'm an ISFJ. (lol)

I'm not sure if this is a common place to introduce yourself on this forum, but I mainly stumbled upon it while seeking advice. I've read various profiles and career possibilities for my type, and although most/some do interest me, I can't simply pick and choose. This is probably because I have a wide-range of interests, some interests which apply well to work, and other interests that change every so often. One month I'm interested in a certain hobby, and the next month it's something else; I'm worse than a Gemini. Sometimes I feel like I barely know myself or my interests, at all. I'm also not very wary of what careers are out there, which makes it even harder to find a career path. I think the thought of choosing the wrong path is more worrisome than anything.

I'll be starting college this fall semester, and plan to follow the general/liberal arts suit. Liberal arts is not a major I attend on keeping for long, as although I do want a degree that is most well-rounded for various career opportunities, I want a more designated career-path that will lead to be, what I'll consider, successful.

My best interests in classes are social sciences and history, although I don't have too much experience with Psychology and Humanities. I've always had interest in IT/computers as my own hobby at home, but the competitiveness itself holds me back from wanting to pursue it. I've also considered, for quite a long time, journalism and doing editorials, but I don't think it would be a solid career for someone in my situation.

Any of you who feel/have felt similar in this way, and have advice? I would greatly appreciate feedback; thanks.

-Michiev0us