• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How many of you guys are actually going after a career bc its your dream?

Hellokittykitty

MBTI Type
INT*
I didn't take my job because it's a dream job. I took it to make an even larger dream come true. To make a goal of one of my life goals come true. So I don't consider my job a dream job. I consider it the path to my even greater dream.

Sometimes that's what you have to do. The important thing is your on the path in a certain direction. That direction being what you truly want out of life.

Hellokittykitty

MBTI Type
INT*
got engaged and put off going to grad school across the country for too long... and then that didn't work out either :doh:

have a tendancy to tell ex bosses where to put it while quitting :ninja:

impulsively give bad guy a chase, breaking kneecap and getting booted from police training...

turn down second offer at grad school because of being depressed about getting booted from police training :blush:

yeah... I'm an idiot... I screw myself over whenever I get the opportunity to do so! :cheese:

Sounds to me like you should just sit down sometime. Then sort out your life
Put the past in the past. And LEAVE it there. Just really dig deep and think to yourself what would most make you happy. What really drives you . Then set out your plan and the things you'll need to get there. Then GO!

I realize things happen. Hey, ats life, but the thing is....it's not how hard be fall that defines us. It's how we rise afterwards. Keep that in mind sweetie! Also remember, you can do ANYTHING if you want it badly enough.

Hope this helps you. ;)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:laugh: I'm starting my own business now, though that's really not what I had planned for my life... I'm not really the business owner type :blush:

still, something's better than nothing! and I've pretty much concluded that I'll never be happy working anyways, so I might as well have fun when NOT working! :holy:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've pretty much concluded that I'll never be happy working anyways

This. I don't really have a dream, my dream is to not work. Which probably means I should go after something that pays well so I can retire early, but nope. Science. :doh:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
you could live in continual hope of discovering something absolutley awesome and then selling the patent for a huge sum of money and retiring by the age of 30 with science at least! :holy:

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
I am in my dream job, I love it so much. "find a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life" :D

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I am, sort of. I wanted to be a Awesome Housewife and Amazing Homeschooling Mom and Pastor's Wife.

Turns out I hate housework. I love my kids, but I stink at routines too much to do a good job homeschooling and my husband and I have decided (unfortunately after tens of thousands of dollars in student loans) that we don't actually like church, even though we still consider ourselves Christians. :doh:

I have a happy marriage and reasonably well-adjusted kids, so I guess I'm doing okay at the important stuff. I'm really loving these teenage years with my kids, but now that it's more fun than work, it's probably time for me to start a second career. Bleh.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
My dream is to not have to work for someone else. That will take a while to accomplish.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
My dream jobs growing up were acting/theatre and horse breeding. I'm going after neither.

That was a depressing post.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have my dream job. I worked for years to get here, and it is as good as I hoped it would be. I cannot imagine myself doing anything else for the rest of my career, though I certainly have done my share of lesser jobs along the way to earn money. My gifts, talents, and education are put to use almost every day, and I have constant opportunities for continued learning. The pay and benefits are good, and I have reasonable autonomy in doing my work. I have great colleagues, and am now in a position to mentor younger employees.My current employer is not the best and I am contemplating a change, but as a career overall, I am very satisfied.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't really have a 'dream job'. :(
My mother drilled way deep into my head at a very early age to be able to get rich, which meant being a doctor/lawyer, and nothing really too 'risky'. I think I would enjoy doing something with computers or graphic design or an entrepreneur...I actually would really like being an entrepreneur. I like anything that has little structure and I can play by my own rules.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Don't know what my dream job is, I've tried to figure that out without much luck. Which leaves me in a job that I don't hate but certainly am not enthusiastic about any more, knowing that there could be something I would enjoy out there but being incapable of figuring out what that is.

Edasich

Enneagram
4w5
I'd love to one day set up some little farm sanctuary somewhere with rescued animals that need healing and pair them with ppl who also need healing to help care for them and bring them back to a brighter place. I think it would be therapeutic for both. It's probably just a dream, though, but it's still fun to daydream about it. I wouldn't mind ending up with some job in fine arts or social work. I like working with youth, so maybe I'll end up as a youth worker. Who knows!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am. Why would you do anything differently?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I never knew what I wanted to be when I grew up, and never had a 'dream job', as I couldn't ever figure out something that I knew for sure I'd enjoy for the rest of my life.

So, my only solution has been to major in something I was interested in (Ecology), try to find jobs related to that, when that didn't work just find a job that paid the bills, and through all of that have learned that there probably isn't in fact a job that I'd ever consider my dream job, because I tend to grow bored with a job after learning the ropes. Once routine sets in, I become dissatisfied.

I do however still hope someday to latch onto a 'dream job', or figure that out. For now, it's always going to be a work in progress. Change is good, as far as jobs go.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
i swear to god i thought this said "how many of you are going after a CREEPER bc its your dream"

gromit

likes this
My dream is a big commune with everyone I love.

I still haven't figured out how to make money off of it (or really how to get the money to start it), so I guess I'm just focusing on paying the bills and being a good friend/family member/person.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
My dream is a big commune with everyone I love.

I still haven't figured out how to make money off of it (or really how to get the money to start it), so I guess I'm just focusing on paying the bills and being a good friend/family member/person.

spoken like a true FP. straight up brutha. :hug:

musicheck

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I'm on the fast track to my dream job, yet I'm fully aware that its not a life of fluffy bunnies. I think INTJ is most likely to work at their dream job, since even their dreams tend to be focused on the realistic. Even dreaming about a commune, which although I agree sounds wonderful, just doesn't cross my mind.