• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How many of you guys are actually going after a career bc its your dream?

E

Epiphany

I love the faking it thing. I'd never have the balls for it

You sound like my INTP mother. She worked hard in work she hated to look after us as a single mum but I am sure she could have done some amazing things if she did not care so much about reality. Mind you she had a house etc at my age and I have nothing so hrmmm??? :doh:

I can be a totally different person at work than outside of work. I don't bullshit around or have any fun. I clock in, do my work, and leave.

The thing about personality tests is that there are no right or wrong answers. It's how you view yourself, so even if I falsely test as an ESTJ they can't come to me later and say, "Hey, you lied on the personality test." All they can say is, "Your perception of yourself is really inaccurate."

Blossom500

MBTI Type
ENFP
The thing about personality tests is that there are no right or wrong answers. It's how you view yourself, so even if I falsely test as an ESTJ they can't come to me later and say, "Hey, you lied on the personality test." All they can say is, "Your perception of yourself is really inaccurate."

Wicked... that is why I love you INT people...I love the way you think :)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Blossom500 said:
God! I am typical ENFP insomniac and it is now 5 am nearly been going 24 hours...

is this typical??? yay i am not alone! :hug: everything is just too interesting to go to sleep ._.

I am working in a very STJ-oriented occupation and will probably continue to do so as a career. My current job administered a 550 question rendition of the MBTI which I pretty much lied on all of the answers. It was clear they didn't want an INFP, but I really needed a decent paying job. I've been in some form of security/law-enforcement/military for several years and will probably stick with it unless something better comes along, even though it drains me mentally.

LOVE IT :D

is it weird to say as an NFP that i want to work in an STJ environment? or maybe NTJ, actually. everything i read tells me i won't be happy in it, but i want something fast paced, serious, thought-provoking, almost dangerous. i've thought about government agencies a lot. of course, my fear is that once i go there, i might never be able to come back (alive).

other than that my answer is i can't wait to pursue my dream as soon as i figure out what that is lol

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Judging from what I see it may be mandatory to work in an SJ environment :D

Blossom500

MBTI Type
ENFP
Well I am proud of my self my current boss offered me another contract and I said no for a change. I have learnt a lot from the job but really hate it. Doing something that does not interest me much is a recipe for bad mental and physical health for me... really bad. Trouble is I am single mum and following my dream means being poor again for a while... but living this half life, not doing what I am passionate about, is literally going to kill me I think. 2 more week and the current project is over and back to university to study what I am passionate about. Took me a long time to find my place but now I can't wait to get stuck in. If I don't die of my dreaded job in the next 2 weeks that is!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
^^ Yea my gf started an education to become a nurse, which lasts four years and in the end you have to write your exam. She got sick of it after already 2 years because of the work conditions and the people around there. Work conditions are really bad, they get paid virtually nothing, but the education is like studieing at university + 40 hours work a week. Plus that they are heavily short on personel and they sometimes have to do a shift with 3 nurses on a station that is meant for 6 nurses.

The job has completly worn her out but she wanted to finish the education, what I do understand and today she is atm writing her second part of her exam with tomorrow being the third.

And then she's done and can say fuck yeah, go to hell I am finished :D

Blossom500

MBTI Type
ENFP
The job has completly worn her out but she wanted to finish the education, what I do understand and today she is atm writing her second part of her exam with tomorrow being the third.

And then she's done and can say fuck yeah, go to hell I am finished :D

Good on her! More credit to her. Education is never waisted even if you end up somewhere totally different (talking as a very experienced professional student.) What does she want to do next?