• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How many of you guys are actually going after a career bc its your dream?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm taking small steps towards it, but I don't see it in terms of "career". I don't want a carreer...I want certain experiences though.

Reflection

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Career? What's that?

I'm studying what I'm studying solely because I love it. I'll probably end up as a university professor, and/or professional writer, and I'll love it. But I don't think in terms of career, what I'll actually do when I finish. My interests change often, so who knows?

P

Phantonym

Just curious to know how many people are even happy about what theyll do for a living for the rest of their lives.

Thanx ;)

What, what, whaaat? Am I obligated to do any one single thing for the rest of my life? No way. Not going to happen. Well, I might turn a blind eye for breathing.

I don't have a career yet. I'm working my way towards it and yes, the field I am currently in has been a passion of mine since...I found out it could be a career. That will probably change and I will most likely hate every second of it if I have to die a thousand deaths while working 9-5 to build my "career" in the future. But I still have a glimmer of hope that this won't happen, so I'm cool with that. :smile:

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
Guys guys guys

this thread would be 800x more interesting to read if you actually posted what sort of career you're talking about

quit this pussyfooting; nobody's going to make fun of you for aspiring to be a sanitation engineer or a restaurant service professional or a novelist

P

Phantonym

^ You're gathering info about peeps for some horrendous experiment, aren't you? :thelook:

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Just curious to know how many people are even happy about what theyll do for a living for the rest of their lives.

Thanx ;)

LOL That's cute.

Look, to be frank, by the time you've achieved your 'dream', you'll inevitably have to deal with the irritating details, bullshit and headaches that come with it, and you'll soon be chasing a new dream.

That's why I choose an obviously boring career, because then I can pursue all my interests for the pure fun of it!

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I can say quite securely that traveling the world and studying active volcanoes is my dream job. And so yes, my forthcoming degree in Geology will help in the pursuit of that dream.

Pixelholic

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
Dream job I suppose is be a famous artist

The reality is I'm still in grad school, I don't have many shows/exhibitions to my name and I'm pretty much completely unknown, and I teach video.

But I'm still going for it.

Sizzling Berry

MBTI Type
INFP
I do, I do, I soooooo do. It was very difficult at the start, but now I'm loving it :D. It was worth following my dream.

proximo

I was in a career that I went after and got, because it was my dream. Then I became disillusioned, and since then, have not gone after any career, remaining unemployed, because I'd rather be poor than work in a job I don't believe in.

Chunes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
This thread title is rather humorous to me.

I have an extraordinarily hard time believing that any career lines up with anyone's dreams. If your dream is actually realized by a narrow career then you may have capitulated.

I am in my dream job, I love it so much. "find a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life" :D

You're the first INFP I've ever heard say anything remotely like this. What is your job?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Not a lifelong dream, but ever since the age of 18, I've been sure of what I want to do and have been striving towards it ever since. Hoping it works out. As I type this, I'm working on my first application in my desired profession. :)

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I am. I tried going for a stable career that wasn't something I was overly passionate about. It didn't end so well.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

Thanx ;)

I haven't read the thread yet so I apologize if I'm repeating something that has already been said.

This question seems like a different question from the one in the thread title. It is possible to be happy about pursuing a career that isn't your "dream," but is something that will be satisfying enough.

Career has never been my top priority. My dreams have never been career-oriented. I dreamt of finding a life partner that I can love and be loved by, having a fun and loving family experience, sharing my worldview with my children, and traveling to interesting places with (and without) them. Work has to happen to finance those things but I've figured out that I don't need to be married to my career to enjoy life.

Words of Ivory

facettes de la petite mor
MBTI Type
INFJ
Well, I'm a video game journalist, and I just recently went to see E3 in person, so I guess I'm certainly on the right path regarding what I want to do.

I don't know many people who would travel half way across the world for an industry event just for the hell of it.,

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd be delighted to do it. :D

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
Yep. I have an end goal in mind, I'm working towards it. My current job isn't it, but it's given me the connections I need to get into the position I want by next year. After that, my dream is to combine that position, with the place I'd like to live/work. In order to do that, I need more experience, so I'm thinking it should be about 5 years and I'll make it to where I want.