• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

You can't spell entrepreneur without ENTP

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, if you ever need help, just remember that at least it has ENTP in it :D

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I actually disagree about ENTPs being entrepreneurs. The most common traits of entrepreneurs based on big 5 are:
--openness (correlated with N)
--conscientiousness (correlated with J)

You need both to be an entrepreneur (apparently). The ENXPs I've known often have GREAT ideas...but they almost never have the conscientiousness to get them executed. NJs would fit the big 5 entrepreneur data the best. The ability to see things in an entirely new light is often more profitable than merely imagining completely out there things. For example:
--facebook was a better interpretation of myspace
--google was a better interpretation of yahoo
--digg was a better interpretation of stumbleupon
--twitter was a new way of looking at blogging

seeing the *thing* in a new light sounds more Ni than Ne to me. Yes, I'm sure that Ne people have created awesome businesses. However, sometimes Ne ideas are just tooo out there (no market yet).

/end Ne hate

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There is a difference between 'leadership' and 'enterprising'.

Facebook is better: for adults/non drama orientated people
Google: well, it is just better. End.
Digg: I must say, stumbleupon is one of the most amazing sites I have ever found. Better than Digg.
Twitter: is for people who think people really think the whole world cares about every little detail of their life.

J = not much of a risk taker. In order to be a great entrepreneur, you need to be able to take risk.

I just don't see an ENTJ being as good of an entrepreneur as an ENTP.

wikiquote:
Entrepreneurs choose a level of personal, professional or financial risk to pursue opportunity.

Sound like a J? Not saying a J cannot be a good entrepreneur, but an ENTP is more of a visionary, and when given the means and motivation, can go beyond just being the 'idea spouter' and actually run the business.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There is a difference between 'leadership' and 'enterprising'.

Facebook is better: for adults/non drama orientated people
Google: well, it is just better. End.
Digg: I must say, stumbleupon is one of the most amazing sites I have ever found. Better than Digg.
Twitter: is for people who think people really think the whole world cares about every little detail of their life.

J = not much of a risk taker. In order to be a great entrepreneur, you need to be able to take risk.

I just don't see an ENTJ being as good of an entrepreneur as an ENTP.

wikiquote:

Sound like a J? Not saying a J cannot be a good entrepreneur, but an ENTP is more of a visionary, and when given the means and motivation, can go beyond just being the 'idea spouter' and actually run the business.

this is exactly my point. Entrepreneurs aren't gamblers. Good ones one don't just speculate. They iterate their ideas until they are sure their is a market, expand only as fast as they know they can etc

Bootstrapping is not risky because you are basically self funding/customer funding. J is correlated with conscientiousness. Not openness like you just incorrectly intuited. Openness (ie to new ideas/ventures) is simply correlated with N.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Wow, that sounds exactly like me! The other two, not so much. I don't know what I am more, though! I am very much on the artistic side, very much on the investigative side and very much on the enterprising side!

AGH! Why can't I just be cut out for secretary?!

Which one sounds like you? Inventor?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I agree with BC about the appeal he made.

I think, you can basically argue about how much of a gambler an entrepreneur needs to be, if at all and I think it heavily depends on the environment and team he works in in the end ( how much of a gambler he needs to be that is ).

What I wouldnt think tho is that entp's would lack conscientiousness. There is that, I call it brutal reality attitude induced upon me by some people, who said when I was young: because I have shown I cant take my own life serious, this automatically means I cant take other peoples life serious aswell.

And thats what I think: I perfectly think that no entp wants to be irresponsible for others, how responsible he is tho lies in his own hands and in the experience he makes. I do not think tho that the natural tendency of an entp would be to wreck real havoc upon anyone.

I personally think the only bad thing to hold against entps in being good entrepreneuers is that they dont dare to make their dreams reality. And in my opinion that isnt the attitude of a gambler, but of a responsible person that tries to work with a security net.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
BC: Okay, well, if you insist, fine. I still maintain the opinion that ENTPs can be just as good. I see where you can derive that opinion based on your correlations, however, I do not think that it means ENTPs cannot be risk takers/gamblers.

Which one sounds like you? Inventor?

It SOUNDS like me...but I can't decide :(
I guess I could try finding some kind of test.

I agree with BC about the appeal he made.

I think, you can basically argue about how much of a gambler an entrepreneur needs to be, if at all and I think it heavily depends on the environment and team he works in in the end ( how much of a gambler he needs to be that is ).

It DOES depend on the environment, but also, again, the ENTPs I have met and know personally would do just fine in this. Besides myself, I mean.

And thats what I think: I perfectly think that no entp wants to be irresponsible for others, how responsible he is tho lies in his own hands and in the experience he makes. I do not think tho that the natural tendency of an entp would be to wreck real havoc upon anyone.

I would hate to be responsible for someone else-when placed in that position, I hate it.

I personally think the only bad thing to hold against entps in being good entrepreneuers is that they dont dare to make their dreams reality. And in my opinion that isnt the attitude of a gambler, but of a responsible person that tries to work with a security net.

I tend to be a total gambler, and try to make my dreams reality. 100% of the way.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your results for the Holland Code Quiz are as follows:

Realistic: 6 *lowest
Investigative: 15 *highest
Artistic: 15 *highest
Social: 10
Enterprising: 15 *highest
Conventional: 9

HAHAHA LOOK AT THAT! ALL EXACTLY EQUAL!

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Massage is labor intensive, which makes it difficult to scale. Also, I imagine there are insurance issues and liability. But, if you could make it like a salon where you sell space to masseurs and take a cut of each sale, it might be more scalable and the liability would rest with the masseur/masseuse. So, then the model would be: rent retail space, market the business, sub-contract to practitioners and take a cut of each appointment.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My problem is I don't think I have enough money for a building big enough...I should probably just give up on the idea and try to find another plan of action. Howevvvvver, that is a rather good idea...and therefore tempting.

But I think it just isn't worth it for me at this age. Unfortunately.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Since you're young, why don't you try working at a massage provider and learning the business?

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think I have any near me. I wonder how much money that would make. I really need a job.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Working in reception: 8-12$ an hour.
Massage: 15-35$ per hour.

Typically the massage shop keeps the bulk of the billings.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Would I be able to do massage?