• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What careers would you suggest to someone with these traits?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
* I definitely don't really care for constant interaction with others.

* I'm rather low-key. Do not like extreme structure, I'd prefer to be able to
be my NP self haha. I don't mind 5-6 days a week 9-5 so on and so on. More at the actual job site. I'd prefer autonomy, not having some boss over my head every two seconds.

* Oh just to add I find Fast paced, "extreme" structure or more always having some boss glued to your hip is stressful for me. Also having one way to do something and it not continuing to change when someone else is leading is pretty nice haha. Helps with learning how to do the job but also having flexibility. So flexibility with somewhat of a clear line of what and how I do something. Cause it is irritating when I learn one way and then the next time i'm told another way. Makes it hard to absorb the material as I tend to like to learn by routine memorization. Just makes it easier.

* Don't like fast paced environments so much *:steam:* as it's not me. I'm more of a observer and steady paced maybe even slow at points.

* I do tend to love solitary areas where I can just be alone to do my job. Really whatever let's me just be alone and still contribute. Love silence to the max.

* I'd love something that would have me alone, dealing with something that require observation and solitude. Preferably not much interruption or fast paced crazy-ness for the most part. I'd like to know I'd have purpose in what I'm doing too as i'm pretty sure everyone desires this.

* I really like the idea of Archivist or Media Catologer for these reasons but that's alot of years in school heh and expensive. It would have purpose but if I'm understanding it's duties correctly it'd be perfect for most things I want in a career except all those years in school but then again I'd love that too. It's the money :( "Curse you money" *raises fist xD*.

Well even though I might have posted a thread on here before about career direction or was that my blog? XD. Anyway if anyone has an idea about Careers one can get with these factors in mind and maybe taking no more then two-three years in school?

Or if anyone's up for it, perhaps show a simple list such as these are careers that would take 2-3 years to get that somewhat match criteria...". Then listing some for ones that maybe match it that would take 4 years/6 years etc. If anyone's up for it of course :).

But mostly focusing on 2-3 yrs.

Thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time out to read or read and answer this little post of mine. I'm struggling so hard to find options for careers that I feel are tailored to my needs. I feel like I can't smile cause I wonder is there a career out there for me somewhere?

I've got some in mind generally but as usual my vice is I need more information but with in mind to hopefully narrow it down for once and not sprout off a thousands other possibilities yet to get no where :doh:.

Thanks again :hug:.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
1. Work towards opening up a small, neighborhood bookstore. You can hire a college student to handle customers at peak hours. Have a little office in the back where you can do some planning, ordering, inventory related stuff, keeping the books, etc. During non-peak times, you will need to be at the counter, but while people are browsing (sometimes there won't even be any customers if it's really small) you can read a book or do some of the above mentioned duties.

2. Work towards becoming a college instructor/professor at a local community college. Sometimes you only need a Master's degree (not necessarily a Ph.D.). Choose a subject that you enjoy.

3. Rediscover the dream you've always had deep down inside and just go for it.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Librarian sounds right up your alley. If you can actually get the job.

sculpting

I am a big fan of the endless possibilities approach. Can you identify a degree which will open up a pathway forward, but not limit your options? In the short term get internships or part time jobs in those places to gain experience?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1. Work towards opening up a small, neighborhood bookstore. You can hire a college student to handle customers at peak hours. Have a little office in the back where you can do some planning, ordering, inventory related stuff, keeping the books, etc. During non-peak times, you will need to be at the counter, but while people are browsing (sometimes there won't even be any customers if it's really small) you can read a book or do some of the above mentioned duties.

2. Work towards becoming a college instructor/professor at a local community college. Sometimes you only need a Master's degree (not necessarily a Ph.D.). Choose a subject that you enjoy.

3. Rediscover the dream you've always had deep down inside and just go for it.

Oooh that sounds very nice *opening up bookstore*.
What kind of education/degree would be required usually?

Could see the College professor one especially if I totally would be in love with the subject. Great ideas INTPness.

3. :heart: :wubbie: I feel with your guys help i'm on my way :hug:.

LIONTAMER!!!

hahaha RAWR!!!... :peepwall:.

Librarian sounds right up your alley. If you can actually get the job.

Thank you BlackCat :hug:. It sounds like it'd be heaven on earth.

I am a big fan of the endless possibilities approach. Can you identify a degree which will open up a pathway forward, but not limit your options? In the short term get internships or part time jobs in those places to gain experience?

Hmm good ideas Orobas. I'll have to look into this more if there are place around that are related to fields that stands out. :hug: Thank you :D.

criminologist.

Ooooh I Likey :heart:.

Thank you so much guys :hug:. Amazing suggestions and as I'm reading these I feel like these actually would be something i'd enjoy and is fit to my preferances/personality etc. Finally it's a narrowed focus heh.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oooh that sounds very nice *opening up bookstore*.
What kind of education/degree would be required usually?

are you sure you're not an SJ? :yes: :D

(contrast that with my statement the other day, "I dont want a fucking job, I want to run the company...*other person speaks*...experience? this will BE a great experience!" :D)

seriously, stop thinking like someone who's been stuck in the institution of school :D. School is horrible at training people to think. In school, they give you problems and you then have to come up with solutions. To make it easy, the school picks the problem for you, so that everyone can work on the same problem and be graded easily. IRL, the solution is the easy part, THE QUESTION, ah the problem to be solved: THAT is where people make millions, create value and run companies...by figuring out what problems need to be solved! (once you answer that, what you need to do answers itself)

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
are you sure you're not an SJ? :yes: :D

(contrast that with my statement the other day, "I dont want a fucking job, I want to run the company...*other person speaks*...experience? this will BE a great experience!" :D)

seriously, stop thinking like someone who's been stuck in the institution of school :D. School is horrible at training people to think. In school, they give you problems and you then have to come up with solutions. To make it easy, the school picks the problem for you, so that everyone can work on the same problem and be graded easily. IRL, the solution is the easy part, THE QUESTION, ah the problem to be solved: THAT is where people make millions, create value and run companies...by figuring out what problems need to be solved! (once you answer that, what you need to do answers itself)

haha... And I was just thinking how I'd prefer to get an education as it would give me preparation prior to beginning actual future career :peepwall:... hehe.
For an NF my Si is pretty developed and I was raised by SJ mother and sis is also SJ :peepwall:. Don't hit me Babylon XD if the first thing I say in regards to a bookstore would be ' How would i start one? I've never done it before." XD. Mother has rubbed off on me I believe.

Hmm.. figuring out the problems that need to be solved. You mean in reference to Career search * though I understand this can be applied everywhere in life just more for the situation i'm in for the sake of the thread LOL*

You are so right BC, I hate to think I'm handing my mind over lol.

I'm thinking i'd want to discuss with a counselor the career choices of Criminology " Crime Lab technician working with either documents or Fingerprints perhaps. Library catologer to investigate that further too.

Well all these are great suggestions and I love them Thankies Babylon Candle and everyone :hug:.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This looks amazing but expensive
Learn to Become a Game Ranger by training whilst on a gap year in South Africa

Also, something which appeals is to get in touch with national geographic and ask about current projects, you could ask for a voluntary job, do training at the same time and work your way up, tons of people start in the voluntary sector unpaid...
The jobs they have advertised seem mundane and boring but you could always enquire about something more interesting like photography and offer your services for free (and do some training at the same time)
National Geographic Jobs, Careers, Employment

RobinsonCrusoe

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
actually, being a fiction writer or children's book writer is right up your alleyway.

It fits you because:
  • It's solitary work
  • No stress
  • self-employed so no boss
  • You let your imagination fly
  • JK Rowling is an INFP. Now she just sits by herself in a semi-dark room away from people counting her money and cackling to herself. ;)

One of the above is totally made up.

i mean, come on...there's bound to be SOME level of stress.

Red October

MBTI Type
INTJ
Become a sniper in the army. No joke at all. Snipers pretty much operate on their own, maybe with a spotter. Snipers are given a lot of freedom, so it is low structure compared to the rest of the military. You will have tons of flexibility and your boss won't be remotely near you. Its not fast paced, maybe when you have to take the shot it is, but most of it (getting to a position, setting up, waiting and watching) is incredibly slow. As a sniper, it is your job to seek out the solitary areas and be alone there (or with one other), and slowly take in the environment.

Start working out a lot. Enlist in the army, and pass sniper training. Good luck.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
actually, being a fiction writer or children's book writer is right up your alleyway.

It fits you because:
  • It's solitary work
  • No stress
  • self-employed so no boss
  • You let your imagination fly
  • JK Rowling is an INFP. Now she just sits by herself in a semi-dark room away from people counting her money and cackling to herself. ;)

One of the above is totally made up.

i mean, come on...there's bound to be SOME level of stress.

XD Word to the stress thing. Can't avoid that one if you tried. Thanks :).

Have you considered a cemetery operative?

o_O... I'd prefer to be among the living hehe. Not that Introverted :laugh:

Become a sniper in the army. No joke at all. Snipers pretty much operate on their own, maybe with a spotter. Snipers are given a lot of freedom, so it is low structure compared to the rest of the military. You will have tons of flexibility and your boss won't be remotely near you. Its not fast paced, maybe when you have to take the shot it is, but most of it (getting to a position, setting up, waiting and watching) is incredibly slow. As a sniper, it is your job to seek out the solitary areas and be alone there (or with one other), and slowly take in the environment.

Start working out a lot. Enlist in the army, and pass sniper training. Good luck.

Thanks for all the tips.

heh... I'm a lover not a fighter/killer ;D. Thanks though Red October for taking the time to respond, I appreciate it very much :D.

I've actually narrowed it down to either # 2 ChildCare Practitioner which may lead me to advancement in my current employment in the sense of more responsibilty :D. Or my # 1 idea being a School media Librarian (pref @ Elementary schools). I'm highly considering # 1 but # 2 is there to consider as well.

Again Thank you all so much for offering suggestions for careers to look into.
Very awesome suggestions.