• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Internship question

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Is it better to intern at a new organization or the previous organizations I have interned at before?

I'm a degree student who's had two internships experience before. The first one was in July last year, and the second was in July this year.

I'm entering the final year of studies early next year (just finished my second year) so basically I have two major semester holidays left (the one I'm currently having is until end of Feb while the next would be during next July, for a month). Therefore I would like to make the most of these two major sem break before I enter the working world.

Pros of interning at one of the two previous organizations
- I know the people there and the environment (though I wasn't so comfortable in the 2nd organization. The people in the first organization was lovely though, and I keep in contact with them. I have mentioned to them that I may work with them again)
- I am interested in the issues that these organizations promote (youth rights, women's rights, governance, etc).
- I wasn't in the organizations for long (roughly a month) and by going back there again hopefully I can solidify my work experience with them. I'm also hoping for a solid reference from them.

Pros of interning at a new organization

- Variety, not just in term of the organization itself, but also new people and also new issues (some of the issues include: refugee work, sex workers, transsexuals, gay men, etc. Though I must admit that I'm not interested in these issues as I am with the issues I've worked with before. Still, I'm young and still in the process of finding my interests).

Please advice! Thanks in advance.:yes: