• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Forget Big Brother: Facebook, Corporations, and the End of Free Speech

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
My guess is the chick had people from work on her facebook and then posted those pics. Seriously now, use some brains.

bcvcdc

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTx
There’s no real “invasion” scenario like you describe. Let’s not forget that people are deliberately posting pictures of themselves online. If they encounter occupational friction as a result, it’s on them.
Excuse me but there is "real" "invasion" of "privacy". You have forgotten the "bikini" pic they accidently posted online? Now, she will either stop posting "private" "information" which is being passed on to others on facebook, OR, she will face the consequences of bad behavior. This gal is really really sick of not having any privacy!

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Excuse me but there is "real" "invasion" of "privacy". You have forgotten the "bikini" pic they accidently posted online? Now, she will either stop posting "private" "information" which is being passed on to others on facebook, OR, she will face the consequences of bad behavior. This gal is really really sick of not having any privacy!

Not sure what "bikini" pic you're referring to.

And, no - you aren't describing invasion of privacy. Not even close.

They haven't violated her HIPAA rights. They haven't violated her FCRA rights. And, it appears her personal information hasn't been intercepted by an unwelcome party, as per the terms of Facebook.

So, no. This isn't "real" invasion of privacy. Not by a long shot.