• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Professor: Getting him fired

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJs like the OP make me want to reinstate my original signature :BangHead:, but INTJs like Usehername make me want to abandon it altogether. :wubbie:

Just to drive home her point: This board has no problem humoring an OP and proceeding on sparse information; in fact the problem is usually the opposite, namely that people tend to jump the gun. In this case, however, the OP was so obviously deluded about the accuracy of his own understanding of the situation and emotionally worked up that it seemed a waste of time for many to indulge his actual query and more worthwhile to instead respond to (the unintentional revelation of) the real need for help (unwilling as the OP might be to receive it).

Ragingkatsuki, given that these sound like courses where grading is highly subjective, I look forward to hearing whether some of the students you don't personally consider to be
[t]he best of the best
have in fact received grades higher than 6/10.

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
A list of bribe ideas:
- Money
- His own life
- His family's life
- Home made cookies
- Sex

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ Haha. Very nice! :D

It's INTJs like Economica that make me want to bash my head on a wall. :BangHead:

:) Please fully read the thread.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Anyway I think this thread has gone far enough. I'm going to try the reasonable suggestions written down here that I haven't tried yet. I may post my results after a number of days. My expectations aren't too high though. :)

Usehername

On a mission
It's INTJs like Economica that make me want to bash my head on a wall. :BangHead:

:) Please fully read the thread.

This is what I said about needing to establish your ethos and narrate your story properly in my first post. Requiring someone to read 145 posts when they don't know you is problematic. It's 2009; many people on the internet now have real lives and don't have the time to bend to you.

Do you now see why people were annoyed with you not going into enough detail? Or why you need to clarify which words we shouldn't take seriously even though you could be serious because we don't know you?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is what I said about needing to establish your ethos and narrate your story properly in my first post. Requiring someone to read 145 posts when they don't know you is problematic. It's 2009; many people on the internet now have real lives and don't have the time to bend to you.

Do you now see why people were annoyed with you not going into enough detail? Or why you need to clarify which words we shouldn't take seriously even though you could be serious because we don't know you?
Exactly why I don't give details. I expected people to take my word for it and give a quick reply. Not muse over the details and keep asking questions.

Look... I really understand what you are saying. I know what you mean and I know why giving the details are important. I have to do it in real life for people to understand me. I just thought that dealing with people over the internet (especially here) isn't like dealing with people in real life. I thought people here were more of a 'I understand what your saying' and just give out the help. Half the people in this thread understood me and the other half started shooting at me.

The people who started shooting at me thought "this guy is just an angry student on a rampage. He doesn't know anything because he is immature and ignorant"

The people who understood me thought "yea, this guy probably thought it through so I won't question him. I'll just give him the advice he may need"

Jaguar

For someone who "doesn't have the time," you sure do keep posting.

Usehername

On a mission
The people who started shooting at me thought "this guy is just an angry student on a rampage. He doesn't know anything because he is immature and ignorant"

The people who understood me thought "yea, this guy probably thought it through so I won't question him. I'll just give him the advice he may need"

You titled your thread saying you wanted to get your prof fired. This guy just worked for 25 years for that title and a place in academia, which often has 300+ people applying for one job. And you want us to err on the side of trusting your opinion and helping you to take down some prof we don't know in a situation we have no details about?

EDIT: @Jag--these are the reasons why I thought it so consequential to clarify exactly what was going on here. Sure, he could be perfectly right. But any theoretical OP may very well take people's advice and unintentionally do a lot of damage. Words have consequences because people take action from those words.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You titled your thread saying you wanted to get your prof fired. This guy just worked for 25 years for that title and a place in academia, which often has 300+ people applying for one job. And you want us to err on the side of trusting your opinion and helping you to take down some prof we don't know in a situation we have no details about?
So my opinion is the opinion of a 14 year old high school brat who fantasizes about hanging his school principle...?
I'm not fucking stupid. I 'know' what I'm doing. Do you think I would run to the forums for advice every time I feel insecure about something?
I usually have very deep understandings of most of the situations I'm in and I absolutely hate asking for advice as I know I can handle things myself. This is the only one I've found myself in a jam so far. Sure, I may not be the best at communicating to other people when asking for help but one of the reasons I came 'here' was because I thought people understood what I say better. Apparently it's exactly like the people I've dealt with in real life.
You are looking at the facts that you came up with about him. I'm telling you the guy has a mental problem whether or not he studied for over 25 years. And anyone with a mental problem shouldn't teach.

Usehername

On a mission
So my opinion is the opinion of a 14 year old high school brat who fantasizes about hanging his school principle...?
I'm not fucking stupid. I know what I'm doing. Do you think I would run to the forums for advice every time I feel insecure about something?
I usually have very deep understandings of most of the situations I'm in and I absolutely hate asking for advice as I know I can handle things myself. This is the only one I've found myself in a jam so far. Sure, I may not be the best at communicating to other people when asking for help but one of the reasons I came 'here' was because I thought people understood what I say better here. Apparently it's exactly like the people I've dealt with in real life.
You are looking at the facts that you came up with about him. I'm telling you the guy has a mental problem whether or not he studied for over 25 years. And anyone with a mental problem shouldn't teach.

As I stated earlier, go to your Vice President Advocate equivalent, the person who is in a paid position to advocate on your behalf as a student, and explain the situation.

This does not devalue your opinion or read in isolation, but any actions you might take would have potentially serious consequences for your professor. It is poor ethics for others online to advise you how to take down someone from their academic position, which is what you titled your thread.

You don't get to make the laws about who does or doesn't teach. The university does. Use your university. And btw there are plenty of profs with mental problems who are teaching.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Btw, the original title of the thread was supposed to be part of my humour. Again... some people failed to understand.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As I stated earlier, go to your Vice President Advocate equivalent, the person who is in a paid position to advocate on your behalf as a student, and explain the situation.

This does not devalue your opinion or read in isolation, but any actions you might take would have potentially serious consequences for your professor. It is poor ethics for others online to advise you how to take down someone from their academic position, which is what you titled your thread.
I said I would do all the reasonable things said in the thread I haven't done yet. Why must you insist on arguing that point?

Usehername

On a mission
Btw, the original title of the thread was supposed to be part of my humour. Again... some people failed to understand.

But you can see how this is difficult to get when you're saying he shouldn't be teaching (and apparently mean it) and you're saying you're trying to get him fired (and apparently don't mean it).

I never said you WERE the 14yo, I said your post came across with flags that made people question that. There's a huge difference.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
@Usehername: ...My opinion is that he shouldn't be teaching. Can't really do much about it can I?

My power is to do the things people said in the thread. I will do them and hope that there is a change. If there isn't I'll keep trying.

If it really bothers you, I'll indicate when I add humour.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Waiting for me.. what? I'm confused.