• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Professor: Getting him fired

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You'd do well to figure out how to get along with, or at least endure, teachers that you don't click with. Likewise, at some point he'll have to learn to deal with cocky students who think they are Leonardo da Vinci. A difficult task for every new professor.
Yes. My whole class are all pretty much cocky students that think they are Leonardo Da Vinci.

I said before I have had many teachers I haven't 'clicked' with. I wish you all wouldn't judge so quickly if you've never seen him. It irritates me.
I guess that it is in your natures to oppose anything anyone says.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I had an ESFJ teacher like that. She sounds so much like this teacher, and she was completely illogical. People get rather confused when I said how much I disliked her. I fantasized in class about getting her fired/verbally abusing her/blowing her office up, etc etc etc

I complained, and enough of the other students complained, and she was fired :static:

If I were you, I would take immediate action. Or see if he shapes up.

It is possible that he could.
:D This post is lovely. Thank you for it. It actually lifts my spirits in hope that I can actually fire him.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:D This post is lovely. Thank you for it. It actually lifts my spirits in hope that I can actually fire him.

I am glad to help. I have despised just about every ESxJ teacher I have come across. This ESFJ pushed me to the edge.

Good luck in your conquest :yes:

Blowing up cars and knifing should be a last resort, no matter how fun :)

Btw, what classes?

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
I think I found Professor Asswipe on a rival forum, enquiring about the best way to "frame" one (or more) of his "asswipe" students.

Maybe you could invite him here on Typo-central for a little chat with your new chums?

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
Assuming the reality is that this guy is in fact a twerp, and you are joking about the immature stuff like spreading rumors about him being gay and such, then it looks like you are already taking the correct steps by networking the people who have a grievance, while collectively exploring ways to overcome it. Don't end the effort if you don't succeed the first semester, otherwise he'll continue the cycle of terror. Godspeed hulkamania brother.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What classes and what is he wrong about?
He teaches me:

- Landscape Design
- Interior Design
- Architectural Design (5th one)

The three most important subjects of my semester. If I mess up in the first two, I've got little chance to become an interior designer or landscape architect. Now the thing is there are two classes for these subjects. Each have a different teacher. University rules state I'm not allowed to attend any other than my own.

What he is wrong about is dealing with the students in a most arrogant fashion. He will never accept ideas from them. The marks he gives aren't fair at all. A girl cried a few days back because of the mark he gave her. The thing is is that she is brilliant. The top student of the class. The teacher's reply was "she didn't do exactly as I asked" which is of course a load of bull as these subjects are all based on creativity. Also the teacher, when we talk to him likes saying the statement "It's not my problem" when he has the power to change things. There are so many more things I could put down that he does that crosses certain lines of being an at least passable professor.

I am glad to help. I have despised just about every ESxJ teacher I have come across. This ESFJ pushed me to the edge.

Good luck in your conquest :yes:

Blowing up cars and knifing should be a last resort, no matter how fun :)
Assuming the reality is that this guy is in fact a twerp, and you are joking about the immature stuff like spreading rumors about him being gay and such, then it looks like you are already taking the correct steps by networking the people who have a grievance, while collectively exploring ways to overcome it. Don't end the effort if you don't succeed the first semester, otherwise he'll continue the cycle of terror. Godspeed hulkamania brother.
:D Thanks for the encouragement. I will keep trying so I can end that cycle.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think I found Professor Asswipe on a rival forum, enquiring about the best way to "frame" one (or more) of his "asswipe" students.

Maybe you could invite him here on Typo-central for a little chat with your new chums?
:D Luckily for me I'm not one of his more hated students.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love how people are reading the OP and not anything else, the questions being asked have otherwise been covered in his posts or have been asked before. :doh:

Anyways, here are some things that I thought of on this subject while making my coffee today...

1. Ask why you made the grades that you made. You mentioned that he asks for one thing and grades based on another. Record what he asked of you in some way, if he wrote it down then take a picture of the thing written down, if he said it via word then record it with a tape recorder. Then, if he grades you based on anything else, record that in the same fashion. As a student, you have every right to understand, keyword understand, why you made the grade that you did. Present your recollection (memorize what he assigned verbatim, DO NOT TELL HIM YOU HAVE TANGIBLE EVIDENCE) of what the assignment was. If he says otherwise, have the tape recorder on to get this evidence. I did a price conversion (taking from the price of a tape recorder in America) and a tape recorder over there would cost ~15 European Dollars. If you don't want to pay for it, get some students to put in one Euro or a fraction of one to go towards your paying for it, since this would be to benefit the class. I'm assuming that you or a friend has a camera that you can use. If not, get one from a classmate, they will definitely understand your motive.

After doing this if he doesn't comply (I'm assuming you already have, but I was just throwing that out there), go to the dean and present your evidence. I would only do it after you had a good amount of evidence, one assignment wouldn't be enough.

2. Complain to your OTHER teachers. You mentioned getting close to your teachers to get better grades etc, so in a discussion talk about this teacher. If you haven't already talked about your other classes, just mention something that would make them curious about what other classes you have. "Oh this is just like what happened in another class of mine! How interesting." etc. Then they will ask you about what classes that you have, and from there you can explain what classes you have and that will lead to your tangent (that you have planned in your head) about this teacher. Do this with every professor, and get EVERY student of his to do it to their other professors. Another good thing would be to team up with one or more of your classmates against this professor when you are going on this tangent. A crowd has a more profound effect on a person.

A terrible teacher like this doesn't deserve the job. If I were a professor I'd honestly feel pressure, because these student's futures are in my hands. He is just being destructive, and is a bad person for doing that (in my opinion). I don't care if a professor has a stressful life outside of school, what he's doing is pretty much unacceptable. He could at least explain that he has a hard life outside of this if he actually does. He could make changes and provide extra credit, he could actually grade things how he said he would. But no evidence of that has been presented, and it just seems like people are just trying to make you stop via guilt tripping lol. He is fucking up your future and hundreds of other people your age's futures, and you don't need to back down.

If NONE of this does anything, avoid him at all costs and tell everybody to never get a class with him. If your college has a web forum, post that anonymously if you can and give a warning. Give all of this evidence, and tell people to never take his classes because it will bring their GPA down.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Yes. My whole class are all pretty much cocky students that think they are Leonardo Da Vinci.

I said before I have had many teachers I haven't 'clicked' with. I wish you all wouldn't judge so quickly if you've never seen him. It irritates me.
I guess that it is in your natures to oppose anything anyone says.

What is that? Is that a cocky, tertiary Fi supported by terrible use of Te I sense? You, sir, have already lost the argument.

Especially since you've just straight-up blown off all the good advice your seniors have given you. They've been there and done that.

Intelligence =/= wisdom. You lose.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Take the energy you are spending on this campaign to ruin someone's life and put it toward your studies.

Suck it up this time and try to do your best. Then never take a class from him again. That's really the best you can do.

Face it - you're not getting him fired (and frankly, you shouldn't even be trying to). The only reasons I can see for a university professor getting fired in the middle of a semester are a) being convicted of a violent felony and b) blatant sexual harassment / fraternizing with students. "Students don't like him" isn't even a consideration in that context. You're stuck with him for the rest of the term, so take Elaur and Laser's (among others) advice. Suck it up, work hard to get through the term, and then don't take classes from him again. That's your best outcome here, seriously.

First-time teachers, especially University professors, can be a weird breed - and understand that it's at least possible that he doesn't *want* to be teaching (as opposed to doing research, publishing, etc.). It's entirely possible that he was forced into teaching and would like nothing better than to dump the teaching off on someone else (I've seen this happen before). On a less pessimistic note, new University professors, unlike high school teachers, generally don't have much experience or knowledge about *how to actually teach*. He's spent his time learning and practicing his area of expertise - not how to teach you. That he has to learn on the job - and if there are a few groups of unfortunate guinea pigs (that's you) who have to suffer through his learning curve, so be it. It's possible that he's struggling with many things that those who have taught you before already knew by the time you came around. Not saying that you need to give him a huge break here, but at least consider it. Especially since there's nothing else you can do but quit or work your butt off to put his classes behind you.

No. He is not normal. I've never seen anyone like him before and it will be unlikely someone like him would be my boss.
Don't count on that :D. At least consider that this may be a learning experience that will serve you in the future.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I love how people are reading the OP and not anything else, the questions being asked have otherwise been covered in his posts or have been asked before. :doh:

Anyways, here are some things that I thought of on this subject while making my coffee today...

1. Ask why you made the grades that you made. You mentioned that he asks for one thing and grades based on another. Record what he asked of you in some way, if he wrote it down then take a picture of the thing written down, if he said it via word then record it with a tape recorder. Then, if he grades you based on anything else, record that in the same fashion. As a student, you have every right to understand, keyword understand, why you made the grade that you did. Present your recollection (memorize what he assigned verbatim, DO NOT TELL HIM YOU HAVE TANGIBLE EVIDENCE) of what the assignment was. If he says otherwise, have the tape recorder on to get this evidence. I did a price conversion (taking from the price of a tape recorder in America) and a tape recorder over there would cost ~15 European Dollars. If you don't want to pay for it, get some students to put in one Euro or a fraction of one to go towards your paying for it, since this would be to benefit the class. I'm assuming that you or a friend has a camera that you can use. If not, get one from a classmate, they will definitely understand your motive.

After doing this if he doesn't comply (I'm assuming you already have, but I was just throwing that out there), go to the dean and present your evidence. I would only do it after you had a good amount of evidence, one assignment wouldn't be enough.
The professor gives a sheet of steps that we have to do for the next assignment. I swear when we did the assignment exactly as the sheet told us the teacher told us we were wrong and that it should be 'something else'. We showed him the sheet he himself provided to us. And he still insisted that it was wrong without any explanation why. We were like "WTF? It says it right here on the sheet you provided." He said "no, it's still wrong. sorry, you'll lose half your grade" No matter what we explain he is close-minded about it. Very very Stubborn.

2. Complain to your OTHER teachers. You mentioned getting close to your teachers to get better grades etc, so in a discussion talk about this teacher. If you haven't already talked about your other classes, just mention something that would make them curious about what other classes you have. "Oh this is just like what happened in another class of mine! How interesting." etc. Then they will ask you about what classes that you have, and from there you can explain what classes you have and that will lead to your tangent (that you have planned in your head) about this teacher. Do this with every professor, and get EVERY student of his to do it to their other professors. Another good thing would be to team up with one or more of your classmates against this professor when you are going on this tangent. A crowd has a more profound effect on a person.

A terrible teacher like this doesn't deserve the job. If I were a professor I'd honestly feel pressure, because these student's futures are in my hands. He is just being destructive, and is a bad person for doing that (in my opinion). I don't care if a professor has a stressful life outside of school, what he's doing is pretty much unacceptable. He could at least explain that he has a hard life outside of this if he actually does. He could make changes and provide extra credit, he could actually grade things how he said he would. But no is evidence of that has been presented, and it just seems like people are just trying to make you stop via guilt tripping lol. He is fucking up your future and hundreds of other people your age's futures, and you don't need to back down.
Haven't thought of this. Yes, other teachers respect me quite a bit. It would be good if I talked to them about it. The thing though is that it would take a while and I doubt many of the other professors would do anything.

If NONE of this does anything, avoid him at all costs and tell everybody to never get a class with him. If your college has a web forum, post that anonymously if you can and give a warning. Give all of this evidence, and tell people to never take his classes because it will bring their GPA down.
I unfortunately don't have a college web forum.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would still use the tape recorder to record him saying that it's wrong. That's your best bet. As I said, EVERY student as a right to know why they made the grade that they did.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Face it - you're not getting him fired (and frankly, you shouldn't even be trying to). The only reasons I can see for a university professor getting fired in the middle of a semester are a) being convicted of a violent felony and b) blatant sexual harassment / fraternizing with students. "Students don't like him" isn't even a consideration in that context. You're stuck with him for the rest of the term, so take Elaur and Laser's (among others) advice. Suck it up, work hard to get through the term, and then don't take classes from him again. That's your best outcome here, seriously.

First-time teachers, especially University professors, can be a weird breed - and understand that it's at least possible that he doesn't *want* to be teaching (as opposed to doing research, publishing, etc.). It's entirely possible that he was forced into teaching and would like nothing better than to dump the teaching off on someone else (I've seen this happen before). On a less pessimistic note, new University professors, unlike high school teachers, generally don't have much experience or knowledge about *how to actually teach*. He's spent his time learning and practicing his area of expertise - not how to teach you. That he has to learn on the job - and if there are a few groups of unfortunate guinea pigs (that's you) who have to suffer through his learning curve, so be it. It's possible that he's struggling with many things that those who have taught you before already knew by the time you came around. Not saying that you need to give him a huge break here, but at least consider it. Especially since there's nothing else you can do but quit or work your butt off to put his classes behind you.
You are right. I certainly am an unfortunate guinea pig. Perhaps most unfortunate as I'm the only one who has him in three subjects. It's not very motivating that I have to see him four times a week until the holidays. I'm very much suffering in his courses and the last week I've stayed up all night for 3 nights in the week.

Don't count on that :D. At least consider that this may be a learning experience that will serve you in the future.
That's the only thing that keeps me motivated in his class. :D

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would still use the tape recorder to record him saying that it's wrong. That's your best bet. As I said, EVERY student as a right to know why they made the grade that they did.
I'll do it. (using my mobile)

Usehername

On a mission

The OP constructed a terribly weak argument, failing to provide their audience with the proper premises to draw the same conclusion. I read the first few responses from the OP and they again failed to narrate any story convincing their audience of their position. What else can you expect?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The OP constructed a terribly weak argument, failing to provide their audience with the proper premises to draw the same conclusion. I read the first few responses from the OP and they again failed to narrate any story convincing their audience of their position. What else can you expect?
I'm not into writing details. I expected people to take my word for it.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

It seemed like to me that people were reading way too much into it, and they weren't actually responding and giving Ragingkatsuki what he was asking for in his OP. It seemed obvious to me, a teacher is giving bad grades and lying about his instructions, all of his class is doing badly, teacher refuses to listen to his students... yeah. That's all that there was to it. Just because he will encounter insane people like that in his future doesn't mean he shouldn't act on it. He's learning from it (as I read in the other posts and as common sense tells me) AND trying to make things right. I sure as hell would.

Usehername

On a mission
I'm not into writing details. I expected people to take my word for it.

That's severely problematic given the objective of your thread.

Ethos.

One should always take care to establish and maintain one's ethos, especially when attempting to disestablish another's ethos. Failing to do so is tantamount to spitting on the established conventions of logic, or, just plain stupid.