• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Professor: Getting him fired

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Let's start this again.

:D I want my professor fired. Is their any possible way to do it? :huh:

Original OP
I'm currently in my 3rd year at university. Now, this semester has been particularly hell for me. I'm experiencing the worst professor in my life teaching me 3/6 subjects. I'm laughing hysterically at my thoughts to get him fired and I'm going to take action. The question is, how? Talking to the dean is like talking to a brick wall. The only answer we (yes, other people complained to) get is "I'll talk to him". Of course nothing happened. He'll ruin these subjects for me if I don't do anything soon. Of course fantasizing about blowing up his car won't do any good. So we need to take some action.
We:

- talked to him (he thinks he's always right and we're wrong)
- talked to the dean
- made a petition of names from the whole class
- talked to the assistants

Nothing...
I'm not the type to resort to framing but if I just might if this goes on. I need a way to fire him. I thought I might send an email from an unknown email address in an internet cafe pretending I'm an official talking about how he has been part of a mental institute or something similar. Think it will work?

He is very much an ESTJ.

Last edited:

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Having bad teachers is hell. You haven't thought about changing school, or such?
Blowing up cars is so tempting, sometimes :( But some ESTJs inspires me to knife murdering, rather than the impersonal execution by bomb. Hmmph.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Haha. Yea, but knife murdering is more easy to track down though. :D

Changing schools, in my current situation, is not an option. There are too many things that I would have to consider.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Depends entirely upon proper disposal.
Eww.. Joking aside. Dig up dirt on him. Find who dislikes him the most.
I'd be looking at other professors... They always seem to have some kind of inhouse rivalry going on.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
He's a new professor. It's his first year on the job. So it wouldn't work.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
There is very little that will be done in the middle of the semester unless there's an extraordinary complaint about him - he never shows up etc... Other than that, if everyone gives him a bad evaluation at the end of the semester, it will show on his record.

Like others have asked, what is he doing/not doing that is causing distress?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, come on, answer the question. Tell us what he does that's driving you to complain.

There is very little that will be done in the middle of the semester unless there's an extraordinary complaint about him - he never shows up etc... Other than that, if everyone gives him a bad evaluation at the end of the semester, it will show on his record.

Like others have asked, what is he doing/not doing that is causing distress?

Why must you insist that I talk details? Can't you just take my word for it?

Just to go with it though here's a few things:

1. Usually the average grade grade for assignment hand-ins are 8/10. The best of the best students have gotten a range from 3-6/10 with this guy. He didn't give over a 6. Mind you, assignments are important as they determine 20% of the final grade of the subject.

2. The guy is always right... according to him. Anything you say or submit to him is wrong. It will always be wrong. If I were the most talented guy on the subject that ever lived it would still be wrong. You are wrong even if you are Leonardo Da Vinci.

3. If he explains something and we do it exactly as he says he says it's wrong. Where is the fucking logic in that. He explains 'y' and expects us to do 'x'.

There's much more I can say. I'm just not in the mood put them down.

You can imagine all the negatives of a stereotypical ESTJ and that would be a good description of him.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There is very little that will be done in the middle of the semester unless there's an extraordinary complaint about him - he never shows up etc...
Stop being practical. I'm going to take action and get him fired. I need more ideas. I'm thinking I'll do what I said at the end of the OP.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Avoid creativity like the plague. Know the rules. He's making you stronger, more capable and competent and he knows it.

Tell people he's gay.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Avoid creativity like the plague. Know the rules. He's making you stronger, more capable and competent and he knows it.
You can consider it training to interact with employers who wield power over your paycheck, not just a grade.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm currently in my 3rd year at university. Now, this semester has been particularly hell for me. I'm experiencing the worst professor in my life teaching me 3/6 subjects. I'm laughing hysterically at my thoughts to get him fired and I'm going to take action. The question is, how? Talking to the dean is like talking to a brick wall. The only answer we (yes, other people complained to) get is "I'll talk to him". Of course nothing happened. He'll ruin these subjects for me if I don't do anything soon. Of course fantasizing about blowing up his car won't do any good. So we need to take some action.
We:

- talked to him (arrogant prick thinks he's always right and we're wrong)
- talked to the dean
- made a petition of names from the whole class
- talked to the assistants

Nothing...
I'm not the type to resort to framing but if I just might if this goes on. I need a way to fire him. I thought I might send an email from an unknown email address in an internet cafe pretending I'm an official talking about how he has been part of a mental institute or something similar. Think it will work?

He is very much an ESTJ.
This sounds oddly familiar. I have been in the same predicament.
I feel so sorry for you. Your options are few.

His options, on the other hand, are many.
Opposition creates opposition. The other professors will back him in the end.

Get out. Print papers of the exams you have passed. Have them verified.
Find another school. Time and money is wasted, I know.

Then forget him. He is not worthy of your prolonged attention.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
to the OP

sorry not to be more empathetic but sulk it up, life is full of people who are in possitions above you who sulk, are incompotent, inefficient and can't see the bigger picture.

You are at Uni to get an education... accept this guy isn't a great teacher and do what you went to uni for - educate yourself. You have books and a reading list and libary access.... you are in your 3rd year so you know how to study to a greater or lesser extent.

Learn the subjects and pass your exams... period, accept this prof isn't very good and work around him.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Tell people he's gay.
Already done. :D

You can consider it training to interact with employers who wield power over your paycheck, not just a grade.
No. He is not normal. I've never seen anyone like him before and it will be unlikely someone like him would be my boss.

This sounds oddly familiar. I have been in the same predicament.
I feel so sorry for you. Your options are few.

His options, on the other hand, are many.
Opposition creates opposition. The other professors will back him in the end.

Get out. Print papers of the exams you have passed. Have them verified.
Find another school. Time and money is wasted, I know.

Then forget him. He is not worthy of your prolonged attention.
As I said in a comment before there are much too many considerations to change schools.
What on earth will you do when you get out of the university? You can't just plot against every person whose methods you don't happen to agree with. Such a waste of time.
to the OP

sorry not to be more empathetic but sulk it up, life is full of people who are in possitions above you who sulk, are incompotent, inefficient and can't see the bigger picture.

You are at Uni to get an education... accept this guy isn't a great teacher and do what you went to uni for - educate yourself. You have books and a reading list and libary access.... you are in your 3rd year so you know how to study to a greater or lesser extent.

Learn the subjects and pass your exams... period, accept this prof isn't very good and work around him.
As a matter of fact I've crossed many people who's methods I don't agree with. I can cope with them usually. This guy has crossed the line much to far. People are not like him. He is an extreme in stereotypes. I'm not going to tolerate him any longer.
Unfortunately it's not that easy considering he does not teach the subjects to study for. They are practical subjects and the final result includes, class assignments, home assignments, midterm exams and the finals. Which means if I don't hand in anything and do the final exam beautifully I'd fail. He's in charge of 60% of my final result in 3 subjects.

I'm not trying to understand your beautiful opinions on the matter. I'm trying to get him fired. My justice is to get him fired. He deserves it.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Take the energy you are spending on this campaign to ruin someone's life and put it toward your studies. I'm wondering why you think this is appropriate to do someone their first year of teaching. You sound like a bully - you are bored so you are picking on someone.

How To Change And Stop Being A Bully (Family & Education: Bullying)

I wonder what would happen if he put his energy toward getting you kicked out of uni.

P

Phantonym

If he's a first year professor then this sounds like he's trying to develop his professional identity and taking it a bit too seriously. Overachieveing in trying to establish himself as an authoritative figure, being stricter than professors who have already gotten the hang of it and are more comfortable in their identity.

Of course you're going to hit the brick wall with trying to talk to him and the dean because as you see him as someone who is unreasonable, they see you as unreasonable as well. You said that you have talked to him. How? Accusations or reasoning? Try talking to him again and smooth things out because they're not going to get any better by being childish and throwing mud around.