• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Job quiz results

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm mildly frustrated that I can't link to my results, they just gave them to me on paper. So here's what a really long quiz told me about myself:

Interest Profile:

Conventional - 100% (strongest)

Investigative - 84%

Enterprising - 50%

Artistic - 33%

Social - 17%

Realistic - 15% (weakest)

Strengths
----------

Conventional:

- You are an "Organizer".
- You enjoy systematic, step-by-step work tasks.
- You like to keep things neat and in order.
- You prefer working in stable environments with predictable routines.
- You are detail-oriented and persistent.
- You may describe yourself as efficient or dependable.

Investigative:

- You are a "Thinker".
- You enjoy observing, learning, evaluating.
- You like the challenge of thinking through problems.
- You prefer working on your own.
- You often use science and math in problem-solving.
- You may describe yourself as inventive or original.

Weaknesses
------------

Realistic:

- You are NOT a "Do-er".
- You do NOT enjoy "hands-on" activities - building, tinkering, fixing.
- You dislike concrete problems and prefer abstract ones.
- Using tools and machinery may be difficult for you.
- You are not likely to enjoy working outdoors.
- You are not likely to be athletic.

Social:

- You are NOT a "Helper".
- You do not enjoy assisting people in various ways.
- You don't tend to focus on the well-being of others.
- You dislike working in groups.
- Verbal and communication skills may require training and improvement.
- You are not likely to behave in a friendly or empathetic manner.

Values Profile:

Support - 100%
Achievement - 75%
Relationships/Working Conditions - 60%
Recognition - 40%
Independence - 20%

Important Values
-----------------

Support - Look for jobs where the company stands behind its workers and where the workers are comfortable with management's style of supervision. Explore work in the companies with a reputation for competent, considerate, and fair management.

Achievement - Look for jobs that let you use your best abilities. Look for work where you can see the results of your efforts. Explore jobs where you can get a feeling of accomplishment.

Unappreciated values
---------------------

Independence - Avoid jobs that expect you to do things on your own initiative. Do NOT pursue work where you have to make decisions on your own.

Recognition - Don't seek a job offering "good possibilities for advancement" expecting to do so, because this will not work to your advantage. Don't pursue work with prestige or the potential for leadership.

Skills:

Strengths:

Reading comprehension (best) - You are excellent at understanding written sentences and paragraphs. Ex. Reading step-by-step instructions for completing a form, reading a memo from management describing new personnel policies, or reading a scientific journal article describing surgical procedures.

Writing - You are great at communicating effectively with others in writing. Ex. Taking a telephone message, writing a memo to staff outlining new directives, or writing a novel for publication.

Applied Mathematics - You are great at using mathematics to solve everyday problems. Ex. Counting the amount of change to be given to a customer, calculating the square footage of a new home under construction, or developing a mathematical model to simulate and resolve an engineering problem. (As shocking as I find this, I actually AM good at this kind of math. Just not math that isn't obviously related to something specific, and doesn't produce results.)

Active learning - You are great at grasping new materials or information. Ex. Thinking about the implications of a newspaper article for job opportunities, determining the impact of new menu changes on a restaurant's purchasing requirements, or identifying the implications of a new scientific theory for product design.

Weaknesses:

Active listening (worst/tie) - You are awful at listening to what other people are saying and asking appropriate questions. Ex. Taking a customers order, answering inquiries regarding credit references, or presiding as a judge in a complex legal disagreement.

Applied science (worst/tie) - You are awful at using scientific methods to solve everyday problems. Ex. Conducting standard tests to determine soil quality, conducting product tests to ensure safety standards are met, or conducting analysis of aerodynamic systems to determine the practicality of an aircraft design.

Speaking - You are poor at speaking to others to effectively convey information. Ex. Greeting tourists and explaining tourist attractions, interviewing applicants to obtain personal and work history, or arguing a legal case before the Supreme Court.

So... what kind of mental image does this give you? Just curious.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well I dunno, I dont like tests.

Maybe you should stop liking them aswell

To develop the own self you can love

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Sounds like something with a lot of reading and writing involved would suit you: Librarian, Paralegal, Editor, or some type of job that requires a lot of fact checking. Those are things that come off the top of my head.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Where did you get the quiz from?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Where did you get the quiz from?

My community college. It's apparently part of a service they offer students who are trying to find work...

I'm supposed to use this information to decide what careers I'm interested in, and then they'll tell me how much education I need, or if I need any.

Snow Turtle

I'm surprised at how low the social section is.

Otherwise I'd really question whether your active listening skills are really as bad as the test seems to suggest. Just to drag something up that is worth looking into even if it's a simplified version of what's just been done.

Results:

* Investigative: 11
* Conventional: 9
* Social: 7
* Artistic: 2
* Enterprising: 1

Holland Code(s):

* ICS