• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Teaching

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
I am asking this question here because I don't feel like seeing an adviser and I'm sure it can be quickly answered.

Here are some possible futures I am pondering:

Short term: Teaching english and ethics/religion/philosophy at a private boys school

Long term: Teaching ethics/religion/philosophy at a private boys school and having school wide disciplinary duties. (At my school there was the vice principle in charge of discipline and the vice principle in charge of academics)

Very long term: Starting a private boys school.

Do I require education/licensing outside of my current path?

my current path (though I may not follow it to completion): Philosophy undergrad=>philosophy grad school=>PHD philosophy

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Someone's watched The Dead Poet's Society too many times. ;)

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
haha not at all.

I mean I've only seen it once so my idea of his method is a little weak.

it seems like he turned them against the school though, that would very unlikely be my intention.

porous_shield

MBTI Type
INTJ
Most teaching jobs want a Bachelor of Education (in Canada) at least. In some cases you can get a lower teaching certificate but the pay won't be as good as a teacher with a BEd. Also, English, and some others like Social Studies are swamped with people. Ethics/philosophy/religion teaching positions are a rarity.

If you're going for grad school and a phd maybe you should consider the college path and become an instructor. The Phd and grad school will get you higher pay, but only after you get the BEd (I could be wrong).

I hope that helps.