• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Teaching Philosophies

sofmarhof

MBTI Type
INTP
I enjoyed school and ultimately found it useful but it slowly tore me apart.

Can you explain how both of these can be true? Did it just take some recovery time?

As a teacher, we can often be just as frustrated over a situation. I have four classes that I love, and two classes that drive me nuts. The dynamic is bullshit - 5% of the class is under-challenged, which makes them disturb my class; 70% is over-challenged, and they just fall down; 25% of the class is okay and doing fine.

That's ridiculous. It seems to always be a huge mess when various levels of ability are combined... seems to only work out in tiny discussion classes.