• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

FAFSA

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No I didn't. What was your issue?

And be sure you aren't filling out the FASFA.

Stariana

I don't know. It was all very confusing, mainly pertaining to my pin. I know I put the right one in. But it said it was wrong, so I tried applying for a new one, it never approved. And I never got an email (I filed in May) about my what my financial aid reward would be, like my husband did. I finally talked to one of the online help and he said to start a new application in my married name. I think part of the problem was that my application name didn't match the name SS now had on file for me, since I just changed it a month and a half ago. I don't know what the deal is/was. Here's hoping that I can file a new application.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you can't fill out another one call them again and raise hell. Lol.

Stariana

Definitely! I need to get back to school. Like my brother says, I don't want to be like him: 29 and just going to college. I keep putting it off, and I need to just do it. But it has to be correspondence because I'm a stay at home mom.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A friend of mine's mom is going to college, and she's ~50. I talk to her in between one of my classes, it's cool (I'm 19 lol). She's going for computer knowledge to get in tune with the 21st century and a few other random classes she is curious about. It's cool, do what you want.

Stariana

I think that's what my mom wants to do. She wanted to go to college, but my dad never allowed her. She worked 2 jobs so he could go to school when they were first married, and he ditched to go to the arcade. Growing up, he always told me that my mom would be a better mother had she gone to college. The ironic thing was that, at that time, he hadn't even finished college (only went for a year or two), AND he was the reason she couldn't go to college.

My mom payed over $1000 for class in Medical Transcription, but in the middle of that, that's when all of the doctors offices stopped using MTs and had computers put in every exam room that linked to a main computer. So...she was pretty upset to have blown a grand on a dead field.

Stariana

:doh: You know what they say, that we read the word, not the letters. Taht's why you can raed tihs bceusae we itdiefny the wrod bsaed on the frist and lsat lterets. Plus, I got a little of my mom's dyslexia, it seems. (And we dyslexics sell our souls to Santa.:rofl1:)

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
:doh: You know what they say, that we read the word, not the letters. Taht's why you can raed tihs bceusae we itdiefny the wrod bsaed on the frist and lsat lterets. Plus, I got a little of my mom's dyslexia, it seems. (And we dyslexics sell our souls to Santa.:rofl1:)

So did you actually fill the wrong one out, then?

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Ha! FAFSA enjoyed messing with me online for months, with the pin and whatnot (which they snail mailed to me), till I just went to my university, said "You have my money. Pretty please?" and kept coming back till they processed it. The application can sit in the database at your university till they decide to process it - and they can have a backlog. (At least this was what I was told.)

They did a rush job in the last week before classes when I had to register because I brought snickerdoodles and chocolate chip cookies for them. :happy:

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
They did a rush job in the last week before classes when I had to register because I brought snickerdoodles and chocolate chip cookies for them. :happy:

funny how even with all the internet, databases, automated processing, all to make our lives easier and more efficient, it still came down to good old fashioned bribery. lolz

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Haha! DAMN! I hope I don't have that much trouble.

It was the very first application for student loans I'd ever done, so it had to go through all the appropriate venues before giving me money. After that you simply re-apply each year, which is less annoying. Slightly. :happy:

Also, if one picked the right variety for each Prime Minister and whatnot, I think cookies could be just the thing to initiate world peace. :coffee:

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a first gen college student, so I had to fill out the FAFSA and all other official college things all by myself. In the end, it wasn't that confusing, but still pretty overwhelming... I think if I would have had a problem with my pin like that, my head would have exploded. I hope things get worked out for you.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
funny how even with all the internet, databases, automated processing, all to make our lives easier and more efficient, it still came down to good old fashioned bribery. lolz

You know it. ;)

And that's just when we ESTPs come in and take the cake! :cheese: :rofl1:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
FAFSA stinks. They always get stuff wrong. It's a pain in the ass to fill out. Either you are really poor in which case you get everything, or you're really rich, in which case you don't need anything. Everyone else gets screwed.

Okay, I'm exaggerating, but damn...

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ You're not exaggerating, that sounds quite accurate.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I never have any issues with FAFSA, but i'm glad i only have to deal with it once a year.

also it is true that its hard to actually get any financial aid. When i lived with my dad, i couldn't get any at all. They don't take enough factors into consideration at all. Now i'm glad i'm lower middle class so i can get some funds.