• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do you study?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't study, I remember just about everything, not to brag but I'm what you'd call gifted.

Wow, you brought back an old thread... I'll contribute
I know an ENTP who is like that. I wouldn't call it gifted, I'd call it a subconsciously learnt skill from a really early age. Anyone can learn the skill. You were lucky to learn it subconsciously as you grew up.

I am a bit similar. If I don't study I get a D-C grade. If I study for 2 hours before an exam I get C-B grade. If I study half a day before an exam I'm guaranteed a B. If I study a full day before an exam I get B-A. Anything more is an A. Applies for university and school.

deepthought

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm only still in high school, this may be the reason. I was told by my pre-med cousin who didn't study at all throughout high school and still do really well and when he got to college he realized he had to start studying and shit, I hope I don't meet the same fate.

Liminality

MBTI Type
ISFx
Enneagram
6w7
For Philosophy and French:Write it out, then write it out some more, and more, and more, and more, and more. It's possibly THE most time consuming type...

Then make mind maps.

For english lit: write essays on varying themes, and tryyyy and make them conciece, it never works. I'm big on the waffle...

In other stuff it only happens if I really enjoy the thing,then it gets done a litte too obsessively, my fingers cry, my brain aches, my throat stops working and or my bladder explodes.

Essentially expand, concisify, expand, concisify.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
It always depending on subject. I rarely actually studied unless I was on my way to doing badly in a course around mid-semester.

But...

If I was studying a course geared towards the humanities, then my preference was for studying outside in an open space with lots of people around and music. Oooh, and food.

Studying for science and math courses required that I sat in the library to avoid distractions.

Trope

MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w6
Yeah I just cram. Night before. I remember it all after that anyway.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
For me, studying is looking at what I have to know about five minutes before the test. I realize that this may not be a good strategy when I get to college...

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Tho how do you guys manage to study by cramming when it's stuff like "Advanced Stochastic Processes II" or "Advanced Maths V"

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Math and science I find is best simmered over for a week if possible and then I touch none of it the night before. Makes a nice gaming night, if you ask me. ^_^