• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hard to find a job

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
True. As of the last couple months i've been making solar panels from scratch on site. Very cheap to do. i only charge for parts, labor and installation of the finished product. A glitch i've found from the get-go....an electrician WILL rack the hell out of a customer for wiring it into the breaker box. So i have to mention that while giving a bid. i still don't quite understand how to report the income from it. So i'm thinking i'll just get a fake social like immigrants do and not worry about it. i'm in kind of an immigrant safe haven city. There are most certainly ways to bypass affirmative action. Go immigrant on em:)

Shit, that reminds me that I have to give my schematics to Tallulah... :doh: What are you building your panels out of? What size?? It's so easy to wire the breaker box, why would any one pay for that?

Why can't you report your income?

We should really think about a little business, since we are on both sides of the country... I'm being serious.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I can't even get an Effing job at a cheepo diner washing dishes for under minimum wage.

What the Fuck.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I can't even get a job at a fast-food restaurant, and that's pretty much the only job I'm qualified to do.

And I don't really have any skills that are marketable, aside from my good looks.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Well this side of the pond is not doing much better either.

The amount of people being made redundant here is ridiculous (me included).

I have been looking for work since May 2nd when i moved into my new place. I have put out 30+ applications so far (8 in the last week) and so far i have only had one interview, i am also registered with 3 agencies. I am currently doing a Health and Safety course (boring as hell) as at least it will look good on my resume.

Employers can be picky now.
I pray to god things pick up soon. Not bloody likely.
*sigh*

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Yeah, I can't even get a job at a fast-food restaurant, and that's pretty much the only job I'm qualified to do.

And I don't really have any skills that are marketable, aside from my good looks.

You'd look pretty nice driving that Dodge Charger..:jew:

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Guys..I'm wondering as to whether or not you think I should get a job downtown.

I mean..downtown...

I'm asking you if you think I'd be good enough to work the corner.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Am looking for a job right now and am not having much success. I, too, am in the trap of not having enough experience but in order to get a job, I need experience, but they don't want to hire me because I don't have experience...well then how the bloody hell am I supposed to get the experience they so desire if no one will hire me!!!

At any rate, the search continues. I have about a month before I'll start getting really scared and right now I'm trying to put out 6 or so applications a week. Statistically, someone has to hire me at some point. I have yet to fall back on the local stores and retail yet, but if I have to, I certainly will.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx

Can you count cards like the rainman, or do you just have that shitty version of autism without any super abilities?

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
+1!

Find a wealthy, generous, single older person with a terminal heart condition.
Woo them in any way necessary.
Obtain a sweet spot in their will.
Cry at the funeral.
Live well!

;)

Cheers,

-Alex

I agree, aside from the crying at the funeral part.

You can't change what's already in the will, so why cry about it?

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
I agree, aside from the crying at the funeral part.

You can't change what's already in the will, so why cry about it?

So you won't seem like your rubbing it in. People already know you did it for the money. Crying just softens the blow to the people that was their for his/her entire life.

I been unemployed for a month now, just got out of the military after 8 years. I'm going to college but i can't seem to find a part time job to save my life. No wonder people are sucked back into the military after they get out and why recruiting is in a all time high.

T

ThatGirl

I just went and got the local paper. Last time I looked in the classified section (about 3 yrs ago) there were about two pages of misc jobs presented. Today there was one column.

Good time to be in school is what I decided. Bad time to be in any economy supply and demand based industry, such as hair stylist.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
So you won't seem like your rubbing it in. People already know you did it for the money. Crying just softens the blow to the people that was their for his/her entire life.

Are my jokes that terrible or is this board filled with aspies?

Sheesh.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm honestly to the point that I wish some of these older, more qualified applicants would just die and get out of my way already. I'm tired of not having an opportunity because they're still breathing!

I don't have any compassion left. I don't care if they have a family. I don't care if they need it more. I don't care if they deserve it more. I am tired of sitting here, trapped in a situation where I can only spend money and not make it. Where I can't gather the resources I supposedly need to get one in the first place. I do not want to sit here and accomplish nothing for the next few years.

I am out of patience, and would advocate any solution, no matter how bloody or cruel. I am no longer willing to accept this state of affairs.

Ah, so your solution is that the people who actually know what they're doing should be the ones to leave. Interesting perspective...

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
I don't minimize the effect of my criminal record.

Even something as stupid as drinking underage can be a real deterrent. I am somewhat qualified in my field and always have to explain my past without freaking out the square managers.

Its irritating working for people that never had lives growing up.

Rant over.

ygolo

My termites win
Indian American Male
2 BSc.'s, one M.S.
9+ years of varied experience in the Integrated Circuits industry.

I have also had trouble finding a different related job in my area. Not quite in the same category, since I do have a job...but, yeah, it's tough.

My problem? Lack of Experience/Education, lol. I work with Ph.D.s and people with 20-30 years experience.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Ah, so your solution is that the people who actually know what they're doing should be the ones to leave. Interesting perspective...

Well, it's the solution to MY problem, anyway. ;)

Because as long as there are so many people more qualified than me, I can't get a job. Not even a fast food job.

I mean, I feel that way on one level... but It's easy to wish something like that on faceless, generic people you don't know. I wouldn't be able to say that if I actually knew them.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
The really sad thing is that we're probably all "the cream of the crop" from wherever we all are, and the situation is still this horrible.