• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

worst type for the military

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
agreed.^ although I do love an exciting round of Call of Duty, which is like the diet, caffeine-free version of the military...or maybe vitamin water? or maybe a different form of matter even.

either way, I can turn it off and it doesn't require me waking up at 5 am everyday to go running.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
I'll agree with the INFP and INTP votes.

I love FPS games but I would never be caught dead in the military. My Ne, Ti, and Fi are too strong.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Also: To whomever made the comment about NTPs not putting up with training because it'd be pointless, I disagree. If I joined the military, I could accept the training for a shit-ton of training, the basics of which is that the training is used to protect my life. That's a pretty good fucking motivator.

What about the training to charge a machine gun nest against your better judgment because your superior officer thinks its a good idea?

Also, whoever thinks being an INFP in the military is a good idea should watch the first half of Full Metal Jacket.

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP
Oh whatever, I'm a female entp and did just fine in the military. granted, some of my reviews were not very nice, but whatever I always got the job done.

If anything, I learned you can't tell who's going to be able to really take it outside of training. Some of the biggest, strongest, toughest guys who rocked out during training, fell apart in the field.

I think it has less to do with type/gender and more to do with mental fortitude. You can prepare and train all you want and some of that may weed out a few people who would not make it in the field, but ultimately until you get there you really don't know who you're working with.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I was going to say INFP, but I could actually see an INFP who is on some major Fi values trip getting all determined and into it.

I'll say INTP. I couldn't even last in cub scouts for more than a few weeks. Knot tying FAIL.

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
Any NP.

And to think I was in the USMTC, and police explores, Civil Air Patrol for 6 years, and almost join the Marines... ridiculous.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Worst fit are NTJs since they make entire work. But if it works well alot of people will probably die because of that . (and we don't want that)

So I say: NTJs are worst fit .

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I'd be fine in the military untill it came down to the killing people bizzo.

Mole

Permabanned
I couldn't even last in cub scouts for more than a few weeks.

I was sent along to the Cubs for one day. And a large woman took me aside and told me about the first Cubs who, she said, were Romulus and Remus who were raised by a she-wolf.

Something told me I was among barbarians and I never went back.

Still, I liked the uniform and the camping but I couldn't come at the she-wolf.

So I guess there is a lonely she-wolf out there somewhere still looking for her cub.

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
If anything, I learned you can't tell who's going to be able to really take it outside of training. Some of the biggest, strongest, toughest guys who rocked out during training, fell apart in the field.

Definitely the truth. I saw some real Sergeant Rock types in peacetime completely fall apart in actual combat. Conversely, the weird guy who never really fit in suddenly became a superstar and hero. It's very difficult to tell how people will react until they actually see the elephant. The military tries to inflict as much stress as possible on you during training, to simulate combat environments and forecast how people will react. It works well for some ... maybe half ... but there are still some real wild cards. Very interesting dynamics.

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
What about the training to charge a machine gun nest against your better judgment because your superior officer thinks its a good idea?

Also, whoever thinks being an INFP in the military is a good idea should watch the first half of Full Metal Jacket.

Hmmm ... we were always trained to sit tight and call down artillery and smoke on the machine gun nest, call in an air strike, or let the tanks roll over them. I would hope an officer was creative and intelligent enough to do the same. I do get your point though. At some point you're going to have to do something that screams against every fiber of your being ... whether it be taking a human life or placing your own on the line. No amount of creativity or intelligence will get you out of that one.

+1 to Full Metal Jacket. Excellent representation of boot camp (as it was back in the day ;) ) and the follies of war.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP

:hi:

Garrison sucked donkey wangs, I lived to go on maneuvers or road marches.

P.S. Infantry is not a good place for INFPs.

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP

Is that you in the avatar? I'll bet you got stuck carrying the heavy machine gun a lot. ;)

I liked maneuvers a lot better than garrison time too. Finally a chance to practice the craft rather then suffer guard duty and inspections all the time.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Is that you in the avatar? I'll bet you got stuck carrying the heavy machine gun a lot. ;)

I liked maneuvers a lot better than garrison time too. Finally a chance to practice the craft rather then suffer guard duty and inspections all the time.

Yes to both.:)

And then we got trained as 11M, one of the first classes. That I enjoyed.

And now that MOS is gone...LOL.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Worst fit are NTJs since they make entire work. But if it works well alot of people will probably die because of that . (and we don't want that)

So I say: NTJs are worst fit .

Funny, I met several INTJ's while around the military [they were in it, I was civilian working there]. I think NTJ's are a pretty good fit personally, especially for high leadership.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
:hi:

I'm not sure I even dare to ask, but if you feel like it, feel free to elaborate on what must be like the 10 zillion reasons why infantry is a bad place for INFP's...

sidenote: i grew up wanting to be an Army Ranger and then Green Beret. I never really reconciled the idea that knowing how to kill people would mean that you'd actually have to do it though, I always had some ?samurai-like? idea that if you just showed that you could, others would see it and back down so you wouldn't actually have to do it

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
Funny, I met several INTJ's while around the military [they were in it, I was civilian working there]. I think NTJ's are a pretty good fit personally, especially for high leadership.

I met one ENTJ who was devastating as a military leader. Inspirational, charismatic, great hierarchical organizer, and an excellent grasp of strategy. Wasn't Dwight Eisenhower an ENTJ or INTJ?