• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

worst type for the military

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
i don't know, but i think i'd probably choose any other job over joining the military. NP's and FP's i guess would do the worst.

I knew an INFP who was in the Marine Corps infantry. Aw Lawdy did he have a hard time. The saddest thing was, he really wanted to be there.

R

Riva

I imaging that I would be a good soldier. My patriotic nature knows no bounds.

Nah.....

INFP

If you change any one of those letters, there's a good chance it will still be a bad match.

Agreed.

I should add though I had a INFJ fried (male) who desperately wanted to join the army. He also had an obvious issue of pretending to be an SP. This was quite evident. There is a thread regarding this subject (INFJs pretending to be ESTPs). So I guess his pretending to be a ESTP and wanting to join the army suggests that he wished to appear more masculine than he really is? or he was fighting his own self?

Ponyboy

Insert witty line here...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I think this may be one of those subjects that transcend MBTI. I am pretty solid INFP and have served Active Duty in the Navy and a stint in the Army (Guard), and got on quite well. Actually, now that I think of it there is a type that doesn't do well in the military.....dick. Don't be a dick and you should be fine! :)

Wanderer

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I think this may be one of those subjects that transcend MBTI. I am pretty solid INFP and have served Active Duty in the Navy and a stint in the Army (Guard), and got on quite well. Actually, now that I think of it there is a type that doesn't do well in the military.....dick. Don't be a dick and you should be fine! :)

I'm an INFJ who's seriously considering the Military, and I hope this is so. I've got a highly developed T and my E comes out more when I need it.
And I'm not a Dick, so.. :D

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp