User Tag List

First 12

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

You might just to do it simply because it may be expected of you..... many Academics have large egos - no accept the FB invite might mean you getting das boot!

I don't have problems facebooking teachers, but I suspect that it may be more problematic on their half. Personally I want to know about what my teachers get up to, but that's because I'm especially interested in what a teacher is like as a human. You can't really find much about their lifestyles unless you actually know one personally.

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

I used to have students on FB, but I would hardly ever get on. So I deleted the account. They have me on MSN messenger also, but I sign in invisible. I sign in just to see if my mom or brother are online. Its nice being able to see when they sign in since I have their icons on my desktop for my mom and brother.

It's not that I hate talking to the students, but they can be draining at times. I know they need someone to talk to sometimes, but most of the time I ask them what did their parents say about it. It's like having to work at home too. This student said this and that one did that, and my grade was what and why did I get that grade.. on and on. Finding 4 or 5 incoming chat requests. Well you can understand why I am in hiding, right?

Now I only wish if I had one close friend my age that wanted to chat that much with me.
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I think befriending a teacher/professor on Facebook is a whole lot better than befriending parents.

Seriously, I got a friend request from my mother on Facebook, and now I refuse to log on. That's just too uncomfortable for me.

But I would gladly add a teacher/professor if I were friends with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiddy View Post
    I used to have students on FB, but I would hardly ever get on. So I deleted the account. They have me on MSN messenger also, but I sign in invisible. I sign in just to see if my mom or brother are online. Its nice being able to see when they sign in since I have their icons on my desktop for my mom and brother.

It's not that I hate talking to the students, but they can be draining at times. I know they need someone to talk to sometimes, but most of the time I ask them what did their parents say about it. It's like having to work at home too. This student said this and that one did that, and my grade was what and why did I get that grade.. on and on. Finding 4 or 5 incoming chat requests. Well you can understand why I am in hiding, right?

Now I only wish if I had one close friend my age that wanted to chat that much with me.
    Ouch oh dear. That sounds like a right hassle! Teachers already work so much at school, to drag even more home?!