• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A choice to make

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm usually quite straight forward when it comes to what to do next, but I've encountered somewhat of a problem. I've just recently been booted out of my chemistry course for being lazy, maybe they'll sort it out and let me back in... maybe not, who knows? I have one week left to spend, and I really need to focus my energy on something. The choice I have to choose between:
a) Working on the topic that I'm being kicked out of, and hope that they let me take the exam and that I ace it
b) Work on the other topics I have and make sure that I don't fail more than one subject, even though I'm going to be booted anyway, and then move on to option c
c) focusing on ensuring that I have job for the next 8 months

The thing is, I really want to move on to option c, likely because it would be a new exiting thing to do, but in reality, option c sounds wrong as I would be wasting all of the time I spent on this year. (I'm an XNXP btw, don't let me fool you :devil:)

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Can you do A and if all else fails then move to C?

My employer (Telstra) just 'downsized' in our department and cited my 'priorities to university' as the reason for letting me go, oh and i was the only contractor in a really small department, so i was also the easiest to cost cut. It bugs me because I'd so been hoping to catch swine flu and give it to the team effectively wiping out a government based department of Telstra... oh well, my dreams of anarchy are now over...

Anyway, random tangent, back to the matter at hand, nothing is ever a waste of time as long as you learn/grow/get something from it. Do you really WANT to be in the course? If so, i vote option A and whine your hardest to get back in,if it doesn't work then you still have C. if not, and you actually care about the other subjects focus on them so go B then C.

But if you really couldn't care less, then go with C and say f*ck the f*cking f*ckers till you are actually inspired to not be a lazy arse =)

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Can you do A and if all else fails then move to C?

My employer (Telstra) just 'downsized' in our department and cited my 'priorities to university' as the reason for letting me go, oh and i was the only contractor in a really small department, so i was also the easiest to cost cut. It bugs me because I'd so been hoping to catch swine flu and give it to the team effectively wiping out a government based department of Telstra... oh well, my dreams of anarchy are now over...

Anyway, random tangent, back to the matter at hand, nothing is ever a waste of time as long as you learn/grow/get something from it. Do you really WANT to be in the course? If so, i vote option A and whine your hardest to get back in,if it doesn't work then you still have C. if not, and you actually care about the other subjects focus on them so go B then C.

But if you really couldn't care less, then go with C and say f*ck the f*cking f*ckers till you are actually inspired to not be a lazy arse =)

well, I'm going to fall back on option C anyway, so I guess I shouldn't worry too much about it. I think I'm going to have to work on A and B at the same time, as well as whinge as much as possible... I guess, you never know, they might be entertained enough to let me complete the course :newwink:

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Ahhh the triple play! Awesome, whinging always makes working hard go so much easier. Well, not really, but it makes everyone else around you suffer as much as you are :D

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ahhh the triple play! Awesome, whinging always makes working hard go so much easier. Well, not really, but it makes everyone else around you suffer as much as you are :D

Which makes you feel better right :laugh:
I'm not a fan of whinging really, I'm moreso a fan of not doing any work and just enjoying myself :woot:. I should really get stuff done, but I look for excuses and try to do other things instead...

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Ahhh procrastination.... if there was a degree in it i would so have a PhD by now... case in point, i've had all semester to write a media portfolio, it was meant to be due friday, the date got extended till tomorrow and somehow i am STILL faffing about with the formatting and not actually getting anywhere with it... :doh:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ahhh procrastination.... if there was a degree in it i would so have a PhD by now... case in point, i've had all semester to write a media portfolio, it was meant to be due friday, the date got extended till tomorrow and somehow i am STILL faffing about with the formatting and not actually getting anywhere with it... :doh:

I wonder if creativity is connected to this somehow, I'm suspecting that if you don't feel that what your meant to work on will let you be creative, then you might not feel like doing it so much :thinking:

Well, I'm going to make cue cards to see if it'll encourage me ;), but the act of doing something new will probably be just as inviting as the creativity part, so I don't know if I'd be discovering something just yet...

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Hahaha! it was the most attractive one? I'm trying out a combo of A&C :D

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hahaha! it was the most attractive one? I'm trying out a combo of A&C :D

It's gigantic allure just ripped me out of my frame of mind :drool:
I don't think the AC combo works all that well, I want to spend all my chips at once, so I just decided to let it rip and go nuts. I'll have a job within the week, believe it! :static:

My goals just really aren't all that attuned to getting through a university course, someone without a goal is a useless drone and a waste of time, and the more definite that goal, the stronger it is.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Well if something not working then it's not working, no point flogging the proverbial dead horse!

Yay for going all in on working! i'm going in the opposite direction and stopping the fulltime working combined with 75% study load... all work, study and no play makes homer something something... :crazy: :angry:

Let the fit around Uni job hunt begin! it's quite exciting to know i can finally get this degree out of the way and not have to put up with sh*tty office politics anymore...

PLUS! i get to watch midday movies with Goldie Hawn and Burt Reynolds in them on channel 9. Wooo!

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well if something not working then it's not working, no point flogging the proverbial dead horse!

Yay for going all in on working! i'm going in the opposite direction and stopping the fulltime working combined with 75% study load... all work, study and no play makes homer something something... :crazy: :angry:

Let the fit around Uni job hunt begin! it's quite exciting to know i can finally get this degree out of the way and not have to put up with sh*tty office politics anymore...

PLUS! i get to watch midday movies with Goldie Hawn and Burt Reynolds in them on channel 9. Wooo!

Fitting it around Uni is a severe disadvantage, people sack you pretty quick when they can just say: you're more devoted to uni than you are to the company :p... who's to say you can't be devoted to both, and show it more than someone with only one commitment?

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
oh god! don't say that! I'm living in a optimistic bubble of hope that someone will recognise my awesomeness and accommodate uni and work for me.... sigh.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
oh god! don't say that! I'm living in a optimistic bubble of hope that someone will recognise my awesomeness and accommodate uni and work for me.... sigh.

been there... done that... nearly got hired, but couldn't get past my anger at the time of interview, that totally screwed me over, maybe you'll have a bit more luck ay? there's plenty of tips to be had... tip 1: apply to like, 10 places per day. seriously. aim high :nice: