• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Getting a student visa is bloody hell

juggernaut

Permabanned
What in god's name is going on with the visa applications for students heading to the UK? The first time I went through the forms (last winter) they were annoying but reasonable. Now, they've become insane. They've added a six-page appendix requesting the most ridiculous bits of information and supporting documentation. Has something happened in the last year that prompted to this new-found level of absurdity? Has anyone else had to deal with this? Do they really think the rest of the world is all that interested in getting into the country?? I swear if it weren't for the philosophers at that school... :steam:

wolfy

awsm
The UK has gone crazy with anti terrorist precautions.
I've done my fair share of form filling BS. Moving back and forth from Japan to NZ. I feel your pain.

juggernaut

Permabanned
This certainly looks like a good way to create them (...terrorists I mean). :BangHead:

I wonder why now... Who in their right mind would want to attack the UK? They're in almost as bad of shape as the poor old broke-ass US of A.

How do you not lose your mind with these ridiculous exercises in tedium?

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You should see all the paper work I have to fill out for my professional registration there!
I read some where they are trying to tighten up on immigration. Thank god, I don't have worry about a visa as well.
Paper work sucks.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
yeah, paper work blows. The thing that annoys me is the world hasn't gotten more dangerous, just more paranoid. It's like I want to tell the world to pop a couple of xanax and everything will be ok.