• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The SJ Dominance of Education

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Seriously the SJ bashing is really too much. Factory workers (no brainer)?? :shock:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
SJ make the best factory workers.

Thank you for that insightful comment. :steam:

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
Intuitive would be too busy in their heads to be an efficient factory work. They might loose a limb in a machine because they aren't paying attention.

SP would be busy fucking around play jokes on people and resenting management.

SJ accept managerial authority. Dutifully work hard out of internal moral obligation. And will tow the company line. They won't get their hands cut off in the buffer.

My next factory I start up, I want some illegal SJ Mexicans or Chinese to work there.

BTW this is only a comment on US public schooling. I am not intimately familiar with any other countries'.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
I worked in a Jeep factory for 3 months enough to learn to create canvas Jeep top covers. (A summer job thing while I was in school.)

And I hated it. The people were dull, lifeless, and apathetic. No one really talked it was just a clock in and clock out job. I am not saying I am much better than them. Just I didn't give in to that way of life. In fact I guess I was the same just not to stand out while I was there. But, I seriously prefer human interaction, along with helping, supporting, and learning about others. Factory work doesn't include any of that for an SFJ.

Actually SFJs are more to be found in elementary. NFJs are more likely to be seen in high schools and universities. (Not that there aren't any SJs in higher education.) It has just been a general observation I have noticed working in school systems.

We can also be found in nursing, counseling and other giving roles. Of course not all of us. I wanted to be an underwater welder earning upwards of a hundred dollars an hour in some exotic location, when I was much younger. :laugh:

Last edited:

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
I worked in a Jeep factory for 3 months enough to learn to create canvas Jeep top covers. (A summer job thing while I was in school.)

And I hated it. The people were dull, lifeless, and apathetic. No one really talked it was just a clock in and clock out job. I am not saying I am much better than them. Just I didn't give in to that way of life. In fact I guess I was the same just not to stand out while I was there. But, I seriously prefer human interaction, along with helping, supporting, and learning about others. Factory work doesn't include any of that for an SFJ.

Actually SFJs are more to be found in elementary. NFJs are more likely to be seen in high schools and universities. (Not that there aren't any SJs in higher education.) It has just been a general observation I have noticed working in school systems.

We can also be found in nursing, counseling and other giving roles. Of course not all of us. I wanted to be an underwater welder earning upwards of a hundred dollars an hour in some exotic location, when I was much younger. :laugh:

Factory work is horrible. I've done it too. No one likes it. SJ are just better at it than other types.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Glad to see that you can be honest and reasonable. Welcome to the human race. :laugh:

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
SJs naturally would make better factory workers.

When the boss walks by a group of 4 employees (an NF, an NT, an SP, and an SJ), and says, "Shut up and do what I tell you to do," which one of the employees is going to do it most readily? Which one of those employees is most likely to get a raise in salary then? :jew:

Now Avolkiteshvara mentions this to draw comparison between our public school system and such factory work, as has been discussed in previous posts of this thread.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
I worked in a school where the lady criticized me for not standing in the morning lines; although, I had no first period lesson. I stood in the morning line, but told her later not in front of others that I was leaving at the end of the month which was 3 weeks away.

I am quite sure there are many types that would never accept being spoken down too.

Getting the raise in salary depends upon the ability of the person doing the job. The one that accepts more responsibility and is not one of the boys is more likely to be moved up in position and given the raise.

We all are able to do any type of job, the difference is if we are satisfied or have experience doing it.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What about the kids in the school?

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
They are there to obtain one thing a high school degree. My job is to prepare them to pass those SAT tests. I was once teaching comparing and contrasting literature to a student, that felt it was stupid and asked why is he learning this, since he will never use it in life. True, but there are similar types of questions on the SAT, once he passes high school and gets into a good university he can choose what field he wants to further his knowledge in.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Factory work is horrible. I've done it too. No one likes it. SJ are just better at it than other types.

I have never done factory work and i never intend to do it.
'Mummy, when i grow up, i want to work in a factory' .. Yeah, i bet that wouldn't go down very well.

SJs naturally would make better factory workers.

When the boss walks by a group of 4 employees (an NF, an NT, an SP, and an SJ), and says, "Shut up and do what I tell you to do," which one of the employees is going to do it most readily? Which one of those employees is most likely to get a raise in salary then? :jew:

Are you suggesting then that SJ's don't have any inspiration to want to better themselves?
If my boss ever told me to shut up, i would later on in the day offer to make him a coffee that was laced with laxatives. See, i will and can be the dutiful hard worker, but respect goes 2 ways. :devil:

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
I have never done factory work and i never intend to do it.
'Mummy, when i grow up, i want to work in a factory' .. Yeah, i bet that wouldn't go down very well.

Are you suggesting then that SJ's don't have any inspiration to want to better themselves?
If my boss ever told me to shut up, i would later on in the day offer to make him a coffee that was laced with laxatives. See, i will and can be the dutiful hard worker, but respect goes 2 ways. :devil:

Definitely if someone can't respect others, how can he demand respect? The guy should NOT be placed in a position of authority.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Definitely if someone can't respect others, how can he demand respect? The guy should NOT be placed in a position of authority.

Lol. Neither should avolkiteshvara by the sounds of it. ;)

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa

Lol. Neither should avolkiteshvara by the sounds of it. ;)

I think I was objective and honest. You guys are expressing an emotional reaction rather than refuting what was said with facts. You don't like the idea of "factory work" because you internalize mass societal values; and society says factory workers are of a lower class.

If it makes you feel better, there are plenty of SJ upper management and execs in companies. In fact most middle/upper management is SJ.

SJ just happen to make better slaves than other types.

Edit:

And getting back to the original subject, public schooling teaches obedience, consistency, and respect for authority; all traits needed for production workers.

Many leaders of schools use the classical organizational theory of management that proposes a hierarchical top down management approach to organizing and leading. This approach has its roots deeply imbedded in the mechanistic, bureaucratic organizational theories that were endorse by organizational theorists such as Max Weber and Frederick Taylor. This theory of management helped to shape the concepts of efficiency and effectiveness needed to turn the cottage industry of the ninetieth century into the modern factory system of the twentieth century. The adoption of this bureaucratic theory using the Carnegie units of grades and specializations adopted by the modern school system has resulted in the modern factory schools where the product is the student prepared for the work force to fuel the economy. The problem with this organizational theory for schools is that students are not products and don’t usually respond positively to a culture that adds to them as if they were a car on an assembly line. Many students fall by the wayside in this factory model as rejects or seconds off the assembly line. When the rejects or second reach a significant proportion of the population the system often switches from the factory model to the prison model and instead of preparing students for the economy we guard them from any influence on the society.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Are you saying that that is all SJ's are good for?

Try to make me a slave and I'll kick your ass.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think a good ISTJ could be good for helping take over the world :D