• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Like Geometry? Help me with this design then!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Octagons are making my head spin. So. Is this design possible to build? If not, what needs adjustments? Each measurement taken into consideration is a minimum, and can be expanded if necessary.

TableOctagon.jpg

The edges of the outer portion, where the green and blue touch, need to be at least 29". The green portion's width all around needs to be at least 11". (Width - If you drew a vertical line from the blue/green edge to the white portion). The red square indicates a minimum 15x15" surface within the second octagon, sunken in.

I'm thinking of it sorta like a very large poker table. Essentially: 29" of sitting space per player, with at least 11" of room for each player's things, with the playing area encompassing at least 15x15" space.

So, what'cha think??

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From what I understand, you want to make a table where the green bit is horizontal, the outer edge. The red square is sunk in and the white octagon is therefor sloping off?

Just not quite sure what your goal is here. :p

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
From what I understand, you want to make a table where the green bit is horizontal, the outer edge. The red square is sunk in and the white octagon is therefor sloping off?

Just not quite sure what your goal is here. :p

If you've ever seen the design of a poker table, it's just like that. the red square merely was used to indicate the minimum space of 15x15". It's literally an octagon sunken into and centered on a bigger octagon, with the "playing space" of the bigger (green) octagon at least 11".

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ah I see. Well, I'm not that into the poker scene so can't really give you pointers on what is and isn't practical for a table concerning playing poker. :)

Although I imagine cupholders might be a good touch to it all. :D

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ I don't want to build a poker table. It's poker table-like. This will be much bigger, accomodating a different game entirely.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
All I know is that if you actually want to play poker, you probably shouldn't sink the inner octagon.

But you're not building it for poker so meh.