• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Environmental Art & Level Design in Video Games

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Is anyone here an environment artist and or a level designer for video games? Or maybe have you been one in the past?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Is anyone here an environment artist and or a level designer for video games? Or maybe have you been one in the past?

I used to work in the video game industry and have many friends there still. What would you like to know?

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
If I wanted to get into that industry. Environmental art and level design, around that field (in the FPS genre) what would be the best major to choose? And college if there is one?

I'm assuming Game Art & Design.
But I've heard of Interactive Design and Game Development and Computational Media are basically the same thing as well.

Is it basically because the game industry is so new that there is no real "defined" path? Or is there a defined path and I just don't know about it?

(I'll have my associates of arts in information technology this December, hoping to transfer from the two year college I am at now in January to start my bachelors. I'm 17.)

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Curiously enough, one of my closest friends right now is... well, the environmental artist and designer who drew your avatar.