• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Post an Idea for a business or a way to make money

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Don’t assume my gender, you fascist pig. :coffee:

I'm not just assuming your gender, I'm declaring it without giving you a choice.

Tomb1

My captain cliche genie says buy low sell high and increase volume...business is a numbers game. 1 out of 100 might pay 20 bucks for something worth 5. 1 out of 500 might pay 400 for something worth 100....the idea is, more people that walk through the door the faster inventory moves off the shelf at rip-off prices

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I came up with an idea to make n95 masks a couple years ago but then thought nah that's dumb

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Intra-neighborhood sports competitions. Someone should open up various sporting venues for (mostly) middle-aged folks who want to play team sports. The business would be in charge of assessing athletic ability and pairing up members of similar talent. There could be dodgeball leagues or tag football leagues. It'd be a more fun way to get in shape and burn calories.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
People pay you on a per-pound basis to eat their leftovers.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
"The Bits"-a novelty shop where they sell things like those weird seasoning chunks in chips, cereal dust and Oreo cream by the pound(do they have something like that?)

Tanker64B

MBTI Type
INTP
Intra-neighborhood sports competitions. Someone should open up various sporting venues for (mostly) middle-aged folks who want to play team sports. The business would be in charge of assessing athletic ability and pairing up members of similar talent. There could be dodgeball leagues or tag football leagues. It'd be a more fun way to get in shape and burn calories.

That's actually a pretty good idea, which could create more bonds among people living in the same district, and fight health issues caused by obesity and sedentary lifestyles! People could definitely pay for that, if it means having fun, and getting to use the club's field, balls and other accessories.

And if I somehow stumble upon a billion dollars on my way to buy TP and chicken tomorrow, I'll buy a couple old fighter planes and organise (with simulated weapons, of course) flying gladiator fights. One thousand times cooler than boxing or MMA, one thousand times more badass than F1, and nobody gets hurt in real life! The only issue is that it'd be difficult to find something less polluting.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Robotic horse racing - huge potential market for designers, engineers, machinists, materials experts, programmers, and fans/gamblers. Heck, it could be an Olympic event.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Robotic horse racing - huge potential market for designers, engineers, machinists, materials experts, programmers, and fans/gamblers. Heck, it could be an Olympic event.

That’s a pretty neat idea. Delightfully absurd.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Part time or week-end pet provider. Lots of people lead busy lives but they'd still like to have a pet, so there is an unfilled demand for cute part-time pets. You find some desirable orphaned kittens or puppies at the animal shelter and then loan them out to people with the option to adopt. I'm surprised no one has done this yet.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
This is a very cool idea! tell me, did you manage to implement it?

Rebecca hello and welcome to typology central. Do you by any chance have any amazing opportunities for us to make money off of?

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I'm not motivated or driven to make money, but I am full of terrific ideas.

Fixers for the average Joe. Rich folks have people like Ray Donovan make their problems go away; I think it's about time average people have the same luxury. Basically, you'd subscribe to the services of a fixing company who takes care of various, little problems in your life, like finding a last minute baby sitter, removing a fallen tree, exterminating murder hornets in your backyard, or having a talk with (or gently rough up) the school bully who's tormenting your child. I think many people would pay $100/month for the convenience of this sort of help.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
This is another great idea but one which doesn't require much capital. There is a demand for a different type of ladle. Have you ever tried to transfer something from the crockpot or high pressure cooker into a dutch oven on the stove? The ladles currently on the market aren't very effective in scooping up a large volume of liquid because they're like giant spoons. They're not angled properly to scoop up stuff from the bottom of the pot. In addition, most ladles are stainless steel and they scratch ceramic stoneware.

The solution is a ladle shaped like a bulldozer. It needs to be a flat-bottomed ladle so you can scrape stuff off the bottom. I think you can manufacture it out of a silicone plastic so that it doesn't scratch stoneware.

I think there is at least a 10 million household demand for such a ladle. Go get that money, people, before someone else does. I just want someone to make it so I can buy it when it's on the market.

Pioneer

Holographic video games, simulations, etc. Now that people are talking about holograms for communication, we could imagine the reverse process - a holographic environment that comes in a box (like a game console) that you step into. Instead of the image being transferred to an lcd, it would fill up the room you are in, like a projection.

J. Starke

MBTI Type
entj
I asked all my friends what kind of business would they open up if they had like 50.000 bucks stashed away and none of them had a useful idea. It seems easy but it isn't. Also a good idea isn't worth much without proper execution.

Galizia

MBTI Type
int
Enneagram
Six
This is another great idea but one which doesn't require much capital. There is a demand for a different type of ladle. Have you ever tried to transfer something from the crockpot or high pressure cooker into a dutch oven on the stove? The ladles currently on the market aren't very effective in scooping up a large volume of liquid because they're like giant spoons. They're not angled properly to scoop up stuff from the bottom of the pot. In addition, most ladles are stainless steel and they scratch ceramic stoneware.

The solution is a ladle shaped like a bulldozer. It needs to be a flat-bottomed ladle so you can scrape stuff off the bottom. I think you can manufacture it out of a silicone plastic so that it doesn't scratch stoneware.

I think there is at least a 10 million household demand for such a ladle. Go get that money, people, before someone else does. I just want someone to make it so I can buy it when it's on the market.
I remember looking for a job for a long time and not knowing how you can make a decent income now, what it takes and so on. I didn't even know where I could find the necessary information on this topic. Here I found https://taftie.org/ information about making money. I recommend everyone to look and familiarize themselves with it, I hope it will be useful to you and you can earn money too.

Thanks for sharing, I'm sorry I was so late to see it.

Last edited:

Tomb1

Pool halls usually have a market in any city or town. The main inventory is simple and low maintenance....just mainly pool tables, pool balls, pool racks, house sticks, and chalk. Throw in some big television screens for Football, UFC and other sporting events. Fill it up with tournaments and leagues, raffles...bring in different pro tours to host bigger tournaments. Monthly rent could be the big overhead because it takes a large space to comfortably house 15-20 9 foot pool tables with enough space around the tables to shoot shots without the butt end of the pool cue hitting a wall. Also obtaining a liquor license is crucial, plus a bar and kitchen.

An Independent Wrestling Promotion would be fun as hell...I don't know what the market is for these. The main things would be obtaining a gaming license, insurance coverage and a wrestling ring. Also have to get the wrestlers and pay them, as well as find bookings for shows and also promoting them.

Car transport business is in-demand and a lucrative business...but have to buy the Truck and be CDL-licensed. Renting is also an option...there are folks in the car transport business who don't even own the Truck they use to trasnport the cars but just rent the Truck and still clear profit after the dust settles. Finding the loads through brokers is pretty easy and mostly done online but brokers routinely under-price so getting a good deal requires a lot of haggling

Last edited:

Tomb1

Anything where you buy an inventory and then hire a sales force to move it paying them mostly on a commission...mainly, its an easy way to get people moving inventory without needing a lot of money behind you to pay them with monthly and there is no shortage of people that will go out there and hustle for that commission....and of course set up a little call center. The product is always hit or miss but if it hits it hits

Last edited: