• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Phone Interview. HALP.

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I applied for a summer job that I'm pretty excited about. It's at a camp, and if I get the job, I'll either be a special needs counselor or dance teacher.

So: I'm going to have a phone interview sometime this week. I googled phone interview tips and blah blah blah but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask you guys. Especially since I can come on here, say how much I abhor the phone, and no one will call me weird. (Right?)

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
That's exciting hun! If you want, let me know what your schedule is like and we can jump on vent and do some practice runs. You would be great at a camp in either position!

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
(1) Listen well,
(2) Enunciate more clearly than you would ever do in person but don't sound anal,
(3) Smile when you respond to questions as it will affect the positiveness of your word selection and your tone of voice,
(4) Don't say "Ummmm" too much,
(5) Be sure to have some questions to ask them, such as "Is it OK if I teach the kids the Lambada?"
(6) Thank them for their time, wish them a great afternoon, and tell them you look forward to working with them. Confidence is a good thing.

:D

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
To add to Halla's list

Be descriptive. When telling them about yourself... strengths, experiences etc... give examples. Tell them about what you've done previously and how it demonstrates the things they're looking for. :)