• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The wonderful world of an all-Female workplace

S

Sniffles

Liberalism in general undermined the basic traditions and norms of society.
Yes and Feminism is but one part of that larger issue.

It was a good thing, there's more political and social freedom now.

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Most of the "freedoms" Liberalism brought about were largely negative in nature, which actually helps to undermine the basis of any effective form of democracy.

cogdecree

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
It's undermined the basic foundation of society, namely the family, where the influence of women was really felt. After all it's in the home where culture is created, and many great geniuses became so because they were reared in supportive enviroments by their mothers. Even today, famous people will often say they got to where they did because of the love and support of their mother.

So they were very much the power behind the throne. They traded that for petty political rights which don't mean jack shit in the grand scheme of things.

I believe rights can be had while holding on to family values. Many conservative females are doing so as of now. The fundamental issue here is the difference between conservative culture v liberal culture, because you'll find that culture and expectations overide or wosen most of these issues.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That seems pretty subjective Peguy, a man could easily provide the love and support a woman could to a child. I know this because my dad did this for me, and lo and behold he's an INTP! This has been a stereotype burned into us, which I'm guessing is from the media. People probably believed this was true. I'm sure there were households out there that didn't follow this stereotype.

All of these "isms" just make society go backwards. Humanity needs equality, not segregation and people that are better than others. Feminism is just another way of making someone seem better. If people had any common sense they would realize this. Feminism was needed to get women their rights, but why, since they have these rights, is it still in effect?

The world is just a fucked up place.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Yes and Feminism is but one part of that larger issue.

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Most of the "freedoms" Liberalism brought about were largely negative in nature, which actually helps to undermine the basis of any effective form of democracy.

"Falsely believe they are free" How would you explain that?

In your world, is suffrage one these freedom delusions?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
See, did I call it or what? This is not simply the issue of single gender environments, or even of the whole women-on-pedestal thing, but is another (tiring and bitter) tirade against feminism.

Having a debate about feminism is one thing, but underhandedly presenting this article as though it is evidence that "feminism" (whatever you mean by that) is bad/evil/whatever Peguy thinks it is, is fallacious and a poor argumentative tactic. Just because this woman is an idiot, that doesn't mean that everything to do with feminism should somehow be dismissed.

S

Sniffles

See, did I call it or what? This is not simply the issue of single gender environments, or even of the whole women-on-pedestal thing, but is another (tiring and bitter) tirade against feminism.

Having a debate about feminism is one thing, but underhandedly presenting this article as though it is evidence that "feminism" (whatever you mean by that) is bad/evil/whatever Peguy thinks it is, is fallacious and a poor argumentative tactic. Just because this woman is an idiot, that doesn't mean that everything to do with feminism should somehow be dismissed.
Well this a strawman, since I don't necessarily dismiss everything related to Feminism. However, I do contend that Feminism was the wrong solution to some legitimate issues.

As I even hinted above, a geniune case can be made for the notion of single-gender enviroments(educational or even occupational). I'm not even against women in the workplace, as long as they get their priorities straight:ie the family has to come first. And yes this applies to men as well.

So if this is a tirade against Feminism, it's a tirade against the lack of common sense found among those who adhere to its precepts. Now if we can a form of "Feminism" based in upon common sense, well this would be less an issue.

That seems pretty subjective Peguy, a man could easily provide the love and support a woman could to a child. I know this because my dad did this for me, and lo and behold he's an INTP! This has been a stereotype burned into us, which I'm guessing is from the media. People probably believed this was true. I'm sure there were households out there that didn't follow this stereotype.

Of course men can be caring and supportive of children. It's important to have both a mother and a father in the rearing of children.

juggernaut

Permabanned

This seems to be a common tack for our pal Peguy. Take some horrible example, that doesn't really tell you much about anything, and hold it up as evidence in support of whatever garbage you're trying to argue. Nice to see someone else has caught on.

All of these "isms" just make society go backwards. Humanity needs equality, not segregation and people that are better than others. Feminism is just another way of making someone seem better. If people had any common sense they would realize this. Feminism was needed to get women their rights, but why, since they have these rights, is it still in effect?

The world is just a fucked up place.

Excellent point! That's precisely why I am not a "feminist". I know others will disagree, but I really don't think women are at a disadvantage anymore. Of course there are still men out there that would like to keep women "in their place", but most them are impotent little dweebs that nobody pays much attention to anymore anyway.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Of course men can be caring and supportive of children. It's important to have both a mother and a father in the rearing of children.

How do you feel about single parent child-rearing? Should responsible single people be allowed to adopt children?

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Personally, I like mixed work environments best of all. I don't like all female work environments. Males tend to be more face value, and they add balance. It could be the industry I'm in, but I honestly believe women are their own worst enemy. It's not men holding women back.
You only have read the book (who's title escapes me right now) that mean girls the movie was based on and it's sequel...these scenario's are very real.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
you guys all laugh now....

but seriously

1. go read Thomas Sowell on the fallacy of male-female having unfair compensation

2. look at the edcuation rates of females vs males... some of the imbalances are frieghtening:
CARPE DIEM: The Female-Male Higher Education "Degree Gap"

2.b similar issues looking at the % of males vs females who are dependent on their parents until age 30.

3. watch almost any rescent sitcom and note how the male is increasingly being portrayed as the "loser", "idiot" character

4. you all probably already know where i stand about how women control the entirity of the dating/sex game

we are becoming a matriarchy haha

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
4. you all probably already know where i stand about how women control the entirity of the dating/sex game

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's not in utter denial about this.

It's comical when I hear feminists get upset about my claim that women control 90% of human sexual interactions.

Their counter "argument" inevitably goes something like this:

"RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE"

And yet they never seem to remember that rape is already illegal and that society systematically removes rapists (as it should.)

But society doesn't do a damn thing to stop women from using sex as power, which they do, constantly, in nearly every avenue of social interaction. I mean seriously, what percentage of human sex actually involves physical coercion? How many REAL WORLD sexual situations that occur commonly in most people's daily lives do men actually control?

And of course then you get the whole "BUT 1 IN 6 WOMEN ARE RAPE VICTIMS" routine, which conveniently ignores the fact that this statistic includes statutory rape...which OH WAIT IS NOT ACTUALLY RAPE. sigh.

If you think men have control of human sexuality, here's a little experiment for you. Pick up your cell phone and send out a mass text message to every straight (or bi) male you know asking for casual sex, and see what success rate you get. If you're not inordinately fat/ugly, 70% is not an unrealistic figure.

NOW have your best male friend do the same for women. Watch them laugh in his face. He'll be lucky to get one yes if he's not inordinately attractive.

Suck on that one, ladies.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
It could have something to do with the workplace. In other workplaces such as fire dept, police, construction, ect women are just as professional and sometimes in alot better shape physically and mentally to handle the job desciption. Granted there are some loonytoon environments that get all Fe-n-shit but there are also alot of environments that have an overt Te stink to'em.

Side note: i do notice that most balenced emotional upbringing through well supervised nurturing professionalshomemakers are liberal and most breadwinners unhomemakers are conservative as far as women on Type/c. Most as in 64 out of 100 per each profession.

juggernaut

Permabanned
you guys all laugh now....

but seriously

1. go read Thomas Sowell on the fallacy of male-female having unfair compensation

2. look at the edcuation rates of females vs males... some of the imbalances are frieghtening:
CARPE DIEM: The Female-Male Higher Education "Degree Gap"

2.b similar issues looking at the % of males vs females who are dependent on their parents until age 30.

3. watch almost any rescent sitcom and note how the male is increasingly being portrayed as the "loser", "idiot" character

we are becoming a matriarchy haha

I'm not laughing, I think you're right. I also don't think a matriarchy is any better than a patriarchy.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
Marriage could have evolved from a ritual that was created by a feminist movement some few thousand years ago to make the other half show some responsibility:)

juggernaut

Permabanned
That's certainly a lovely idea, but let's keep in mind that brides were, literally, given to their prospective husbands by their fathers. Thus, the "giving the bride away"...

But I like your thinking on the matter.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
That's certainly a lovely idea, but let's keep in mind that brides were, literally, given to their prospective husbands by their fathers. Thus, the "giving the bride away"...

But I like your thinking on the matter.

Oops. i think i put it in the wrong thread. i got 4 thread windows open.

When that bride was given away, could it be because her father was trying to create a better working environment for himself?

juggernaut

Permabanned
By getting rid of her? As in more space? Probably. I know my dad was ecstatic to see me pawned off on some other poor slob.

Seriously though, it really was an exchange of goods. "I give you my daughter, so you have sons of your own and you give me 20 heads of cattle", that sort of thing.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
By getting rid of her? As in more space? Probably. I know my dad was ecstatic to see me pawned off on some other poor slob.

Seriously though, it really was an exchange of goods. "I give you my daughter, so you have sons of your own and you give me 20 heads of cattle", that sort of thing.

Maybe the dad picked and chose the groom out of favoritism. He knew she would improve the working environment of the dude he chose?