• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your favorite teacher/professor's type

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hmm...

Calculus teacher in high school...was probably an xNTP or something. He made fun of everyone in the class equally. While that might make him seem unkind, if you had a problem with something, he would do his best to help you figure it out and was actually an incredibly kind person. He just liked to poke fun at everyone. I didn't mind it.

One of the illustration professors I have now...I've no idea what type she is, but sometimes I get struck with ENTx or something... It's funny with her, because I was scared shitless of her for years and avoided her classes like the plague. I finally took one of her classes last year and discovered that while she's blunt in her approach, she's actually not all that er...frightening. Just blunt, which takes some getting used to. I probably respect her more than any other professor I've had here because she's pushed me so hard beyond my limits. She's very good at perceiving other people's limits and then pushing them just so so they go beyond it without falling over themselves. (Or at least, that's what I think she can do anyway...she might argue otherwise.)

G

garbage

The computer science professor I have for my two classes this semester is pretty cool, and he's ENTP. He's got this whole "don't worry about it" attitude and focuses on the concepts, asks a lot of questions to his class, and so on. He could organize his lectures a bit better, but at least they're in Powerpoint so some order is there by design..

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My tap dance prof is INFJ. I want to be her when I grow up.

One of my old Japanese professors was INfJ. She helped me get through the "I am scared to talk to people in a foreign language because it is awkward" stage. It was nice to have an introvert for Japanese class for a while.

I had an ESTP science teacher in high school who was hilarious. I was never much of a science person, but I enjoyed being in his class.

My high school English teacher had the most awesome sarcastic sense of humor ever, besides being a kick-ass English teacher. He was INTJ.

L

Lasting_Pain

Not my favorite professor but he is cool so far, ISTJ

My English Teacher is either an INTJ, ENTJ, or INTP. Still trying to decipher which one she is.

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
ENTP professors are usually very popular, but will very frequently fool the students into thinking that they understand the subject (Richard Feynman, for example, was a master of tricking people into believing that they had a good grasp of complicated material). So they can be very good instructors for simple topics, but their obsession with performance, anecdote, and metaphor can be a little damaging.

INTJ professors on the other hand are not loved by the students but, if you can pass their classes, you can be sure that you have mastered the subject. Also, my opinion on this is completely objective and has nothing to do with the fact that I'm an INTJ professor!

Fun fact: My RateMyProfessors page has the most comments to the tune of "giant dikhed shud be fierd for dikhedednes lmao" in the department.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think my government professor is an INTP, possibly an ISTP, i love him!
I also liked my History professor a lot, i think he was an ENTJ.

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
ENTP professors are usually very popular, but will very frequently fool the students into thinking that they understand the subject (Richard Feynman, for example, was a master of tricking people into believing that they had a good grasp of complicated material). So they can be very good instructors for simple topics, but their obsession with performance, anecdote, and metaphor can be a little damaging..

This seems to be true with my ENTP calc professor. I watch him do insanely complex problems, understand his explanations perfectly, and figure that I'm fine. Then I go to do his homework and get mindfucked.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
the physics type?
naw i dont know. the only one that caught on to my different learnig style and attempted to teach and test me accordinly is a mystery type.
i got obsessed with one my teachers once :whistling: an enfj. coincidently(?) one of the best teachers ive ever had. i do that.... getting obsessed with people who hone in on me.
the teachers that are worst for me are left brained SJs that talk talk talk.

Last edited:

juggernaut

Permabanned
INTJ professors on the other hand are not loved by the students but, if you can pass their classes, you can be sure that you have mastered the subject. Also, my opinion on this is completely objective and has nothing to do with the fact that I'm an INTJ professor!

My two all-time favorites are both INTJs. They are rigorous, demanding, hard-working, brilliant men. I wouldn't want them any other way.

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
ENTP English professor. ENTPs are amazing, especially at the college level, since they don't have to get all pissy at the kids for misbehaving. She doesn't take crap, but she really makes the class move forward.

Also, my INTP Psych professor. Funny guy.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I think my english teachers were all infps, 'd explain all the tears.
Or maybe there's something seriously wrong with the french education system.

I didn't stay awake long enough to notice their type I guess.
To me teachers type as... wait for it... : teachers.
It's one of those special purely instrumental category of people.

ENTP English professor. ENTPs are amazing,
Wise man :laugh:

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Probably my ENTJ professor, out of my university classes. The entire class hated him, because he had laughably high standards. He got frustrated with us easily, amazed at our inability to "get it," with sighs of exasperation and all. I didn't enjoy it, but I appreciated him pushing us to learn more. It made me more determined to do well in that class. He used to go to the bar and have a drink with students after tests, asking "The test wasn't that hard, was it?"

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In university, the professor to whom I became the closest was probably an ENFP 9w8. I didn't think she was particularly amazing at teaching, but as a mentor her feedback was valuable.

The most memorable teacher I had in grade school was my eighth grade history and literature teacher, whom I believe is an ENTP. I think he was a 137 in some order, perhaps 7 first. He had high standards and graded more harshly than other teachers at that pathetic school, but I learned a lot from him and he appreciated my work in his classes.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My favorite teacher of all time was an ENTP, not sure on his core but I'd say triple assertive tritype in some order. He was my German teacher in high school, and he's been pretty well off because he became a state representative and then he opened his own coffee shop although it closed recently(not sure if that'll be permanent or not). They said his wife couldn't wear a mask cause of military reasons(PSTD?), and they tried compensating by making her stay behind a glass screen but that didn't suffice anymore. Anyways, he was hilarious to be around. Sometimes he would go on rants randomly in classes, then after 10 minutes stop himself to get back to work. He liked me pretty well I think, German was my best subject at the time and I would try to make up really funny and morbid sentences when we had to write sentences on the board. I also remember this time where his tertiary Fe was showing, we were doing tests outside the classroom and I was in a bad mood that day over something. He asked me how I was doing in German, I was doing "schlecht", and then when I was done I went back into the classroom and wrote "D e p r e s s i o n" on the board, trying to be memey but also expressing how I was really feeling at the time. He didn't say it in class, but I learned from my school therapist that he called them saying that I wasn't doing too good. He also showed us a lot of things that would make us laugh-German commercials, a German story with a love triangle in it, and a movie called "The Wave" where a teacher accidently transforms his class into Nazi Germany and it ends with him going to jail and a murder-suicide from one of the students.

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Probably my old INTP philosophy professor, and my ENFP writing teacher before she snapped (I think she had a divorce or something.)

A professor whom I really admired was probably an INFJ. The way he taught things got things across; it wasn't really special or anything; he was competent. But where he shone was how he was as a person; he had such amazing idealism that he tried to stick to, and constantly tried to help his students even if they were more cynical than he was. He had a sort of charisma that made him very approachable, and he was always questioning whether where things are headed is the right one. I learnt about life in his lessons, usually as an afternote. I always did well in his classes, partially because I'm good at English, and partially because the things that he taught were just interesting.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For MA, I have two favourites.

One a take-no-prisoners type INTJ. I would have delighted to work with her during the course of my thesis but she and I are very much alike and in case of intellectual disagreements, shit might hit the fan rather quickly because she is quite blunt, no-nonsense in her approach and never beats around the bush. These are qualities that I cherish, and also have. Therefore, I would not take the risk... at least not yet. In my PhD though, why not; because then I would be well-read enough to have a proper debate with her for she's insanely knowledgeable. And yes, I do sort of idolize her.

The other is my thesis supervisor. INFP poster child. I adore her to be honest, she might be brittle sometimes but she is so impressed with my conviction and hard-work that I am completely free about what I am going to do for my thesis. Our approaches are different, but I see that our Fi aligns in interesting ways. She does not try to control my research one bit, and is extremely supportive. Not much of a debater and does not like conflict at all; but since she is my thesis supervisor, that's exactly what I like about her.