• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Occupations (Game)

deleted
- the rules here are different
- the rules here are simple
- you do not post a personality type and state occupations
- you do not post a list of occupations
- you do post an occupation
- once an occupation is posted, you and others members will write "occupation"-"type" in bold
- along with the answer you will post a reason why this type is the best at this occupation

So how about I push off the subject.

Let's say... Cardiac Surgeon.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Cardiac surgeon - ENTP

E - this could go either way really, I don't think it has much to do with being an introvert or extravert. The E just stood out to me as being more of a people-person willing to help his fellow man.

N - an intuitive mind helps because of the nature of the intricacy of the operation. Imagination and creative solutions along with unconventional strategies seem to be better suited for surgery.

T - Definitely needs to be a thinker, has to put his mind before his heart when dealing with such a critical decision-making process.

P - needs to work well on the spur of the moment, such as with an emergency patient, needs to work well under stress and time pressure.

ygolo

My termites win
Bump - INTP

I know I would be excellent as a bump. Too bad it doesn't pay well.

OK...

Mail Carrier

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
Mail Carrier - INTJ

Not much socializing needed, very structure/rule oriented and requires one to operate like a clock. I almost thought ISTJ would be best for this position, but mail agents actually have to use a lot of intuition to decide whether a suspicious package needs to be looked at more closely or not (Ni task)

Sports Mascot

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Sports Mascot - ENFP

Because we're silly and social creatures.. We pretty much are a mascot already, we just need the clothing and paycheck.

Butcher

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Butcher - ISTP

Requires long hours alone, high manual dexterity and skill with a knife. No dress code, except for safety or sanitation. Not for the squeamish. Need to know anatomy of various animals.

Landscape designer

ygolo

My termites win
Landscape Designer -- ISFJ

Organized, and good at making people feel at home.

so what about an Executive Assistant?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Executive assistant - ISFP mayhap??

I could see them being comfortable with a job that, even though a bit boring, suits their needs well. Patience for bullcaca seems necessary.

Promotional person? For rock bands, or products, or companies.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
Promotional person - ESTP

They will do this even if it isn't their official job or any money involved, so yeah lol....

Deep Sea Diver

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Oh, that one is hard. What is this person doing under the sea? I mean, they could be a scientific diver, or an underwater welder, or an underwater photographer, or a competition skin diver...

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Promotional person - ESTP

They will do this even if it isn't their official job or any money involved, so yeah lol....

Deep Sea Diver

IxTP

P - Because you have to make decisions on the spur of the moment because conditions can easily change.
I - Because you're not going to talk to anyone while undersea.
T - If shit happens, you best be acting logically and not emotionally or else you're dead.
Both N's and S's have their uses here and it would depend on the specific subject that their doing. N's for scientific related work / S's sport related work.

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
Artist--ISFP

I-is energized when being alone, internalizes things

S-like to use and hone established skills, trust what is certain and concrete

F-believe any feeling is valid, whether it makes sense or not

P-are happiest leaving their options open