• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Job advice for a new enfj anyone?

dee

MBTI Type
Enfj
Enneagram
2+1
ok, here's the story, and it pretty much takes up a lot of my head space, as I tend to think a lot about this particular subject.

I somehow ended up taking this free course in order to do this technology job, the suckie part is, the pay is really bad for the first 2 years because you get the free course....

Now i have been doing this job for about 8 months now, and there are some days, I just feel like I can't take it anymore.
Yet, I continue, because it's better than nothing, and I need to feed my children....

What I am saying is that this job is like totally not for me, I have the least amount of techno in me, you know, being an enfj, I am a people person and I really want to just help people, make a difference, save the world, etc. etc.

This job has NONE of that, and to make matters worse, it's dealing with a computer all day long.

Even if I had "some" people interaction, it could be better, but no, NONE. Just me the computer, and coworkers looking at their computers...
The job is extremely dreary and I don't know how to get out of it now that I have already been trained for this.

I guess it's just hard,to go start over doing something else, and going through the whole "self-marketing" thing again,to find a more suitable job.

What do I do?

I am so not techie...How in the heck did I get into hi-tech?

It's just plain ironic...

The one good thing thats come out of this, that I can think of, is that I have developed that side of me a little, more than I seriously ever imagined possible.

Any thoughts? do enfj 's normally work at jobs they can't stand?
Any input is greatly appreciated,although I know it's kinda difficult to figure out what I really want here.

I guess I don't even know myself.

Whatever, if nothing else, I was just venting....

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
ok, here's the story, and it pretty much takes up a lot of my head space, as I tend to think a lot about this particular subject.

I somehow ended up taking this free course in order to do this technology job, the suckie part is, the pay is really bad for the first 2 years because you get the free course....

Now i have been doing this job for about 8 months now, and there are some days, I just feel like I can't take it anymore.
Yet, I continue, because it's better than nothing, and I need to feed my children....

What I am saying is that this job is like totally not for me, I have the least amount of techno in me, you know, being an enfj, I am a people person and I really want to just help people, make a difference, save the world, etc. etc.

This job has NONE of that, and to make matters worse, it's dealing with a computer all day long.

Even if I had "some" people interaction, it could be better, but no, NONE. Just me the computer, and coworkers looking at their computers...
The job is extremely dreary and I don't know how to get out of it now that I have already been trained for this.

I guess it's just hard,to go start over doing something else, and going through the whole "self-marketing" thing again,to find a more suitable job.

What do I do?

I am so not techie...How in the heck did I get into hi-tech?

It's just plain ironic...

The one good thing thats come out of this, that I can think of, is that I have developed that side of me a little, more than I seriously ever imagined possible.

Any thoughts? do enfj 's normally work at jobs they can't stand?
Any input is greatly appreciated,although I know it's kinda difficult to figure out what I really want here.

I guess I don't even know myself.

Whatever, if nothing else, I was just venting....

If you can get techie enough you can move to training people. ENFJs make great teachers. Maybe even teach computers in a high school or something. Teaching is a great way to learn. If that's something that would appeal to you, use it as motivation to drive yourself forwards to keep learning the boring "techie" stuff.:D

dee

MBTI Type
Enfj
Enneagram
2+1
thanks, training would definately be better, much much better.
I'll keep that in mind.