• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

anyone else have this problem?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't understand, I get myself in this situation every semester. I think I get burnt out before the semester is over cuz I've given up on most of my classes and I'll be doing fine until half way then half way everything goes to shit. and I just don't care so nothing gets done. then I care but by the time i do it's too late. of course that's when all major projects are due. it be better if those projects were due at the beginning instead of the end when I'm just like fuck it. I think I might want to fail, subconsciously, because I'm sure I'm very close to being kicked out and I don't know what I'm gonna do when this happens. cuz it will, I knew I wasn't going to make it through college.

dyspraxion

MBTI Type
INtP
Enneagram
4w5
That sounds a lot like all of my experiences with school. I waited a couple years before trying to go to college, and I learned a lot, but I still had to drop the classes halfway through because I fell behind and didn't care enough to try and catch up.

I think that, most likely, the reasons for this (possibly for you, too?) are one of the following:

Wanting to fail, for some reason. Perhaps because of being unsure of whether one wants to follow a certain path. Perhaps because of doubting oneself, or a sort of proving to oneself that they cannot succeed.

I don't really have any advice on fixing it, though... sorry.

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've got no college experience whatsoever- I'm kicking myself now for not having gone immediately after high school, but I thought I was the sort who needed a break from school before going back. Oops.

Anyhow, that works for some people. Taking a break and taking the time to think about what it is you really want to do. I'm supposing...that you don't really have that option right now? I agree with dyspraxion on the theories there-- maybe somewhere you've got this innate fear of failure, and so...you fail anyhow? Kind of a self-fulfilled prophecy? Don't doubt yourself, either-- you wanted to go to school, right? Make sure that it's something you truly do want to do-- are you certain that what you're majoring in is what you really want? Is that your 'true calling' or is it just a fallback? A safety net? It might be easier to get through your college years if you're absolutely certain that you are doing what is right for yourself.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I would examine whether you are really into the subjects and the path you're going down before you see this as a personal character flaw. It may be your mind just telling you to move in another direction. There's nothing wrong with taking a semester off and refocusing your energy on something you really enjoy.

Illict91

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
- It could be that you lack some organisation skills, and therefore you are put off track later on in the year? Example, the tasks not being flexible in nature. This is where some perceiving types fail to adapt. :headphne:
- How about the possibility of you not really enjoying the course OR/AND a feeling of uncertainty as to what the future may hold if the course is completed.

Advice: Explore the pro's and con's of staying in the course. In all honesty, it sounds like there are other priorities in life that could be distracting you.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In response to switching subjects as it may not be your area of expertise: I've thought about that, but the only way to know that for sure would be to try a different path and see if it actually goes better. And if it doesn't, you just wasted a lot of time, personal energy, and money. Just saying.

file cabinet

do you feel like you have control of your grade outcomes? or does it feel more random/arbitrary? It is important to know that you do have control of those grades. you can take control of your life and stop it from seeming random/arbitrary.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't understand, I get myself in this situation every semester. I think I get burnt out before the semester is over cuz I've given up on most of my classes and I'll be doing fine until half way then half way everything goes to shit. and I just don't care so nothing gets done. then I care but by the time i do it's too late. of course that's when all major projects are due. it be better if those projects were due at the beginning instead of the end when I'm just like fuck it. I think I might want to fail, subconsciously, because I'm sure I'm very close to being kicked out and I don't know what I'm gonna do when this happens. cuz it will, I knew I wasn't going to make it through college.

I'm highlighting what I think's key here. Especially the final sentence. See, if you already *believe* you're not going to make it, frankly, you probably won't. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy you're building up.

Do you WANT to graduate? If so, then you'll find a way to do it. It's all a matter of choice, kinda like file cabinet was saying. You can choose to take control and push what might be your natural tendencies aside, and say, 'Screw it. I AM going to graduate.' Then priorities might begin realligning of their own accord.

If you have the will to do it, you can. Prove yourself wrong.

**end cheesiness**