• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Paper on transphobia

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
So anyone know where I can find a reliable source that has the rate of transphobic crimes per country? I'm trying to think of how to word it in google, to figure this out.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Again, Happy Birthday, prpl.

Your post caught my eye this morning. I hadn't been aware that we now have a new word for human unhappiness and discrimination. Sigh.

So my curiousity sent me to google for a moment. I have trouble accessing/narrowing down the information I'm seeking also. The community services offers a class in researching via computer and I never get around to taking it.

This site came up and it looks promising:

NationMaster - Encyclopedia: Transphobia

I'd be interested in hearing more about what you find.

Good luck!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I might not be doing this topic, I'm having a hard time finding anything concrete. I only have a week. I really wanted to do this topic, oh well maybe I can reasearch this on my own over winter break.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
What are you interested in finding? The correllatiion between discrimination and culture?

Did that source have anything to offer?

Edit: Do you feel old yet? ; )

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I feel no different then I did a week ago

but I'm back to doing this topic. Right now I'm reasearching Hijras in India

full topic: specifically which countries have a higher incidence of transphobia what about that culture makes it so high or low? I'll probably pick 3 countries one with a very high rate of transphobia, one in the middle, and one with a low rate.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Let me see what I can find out for you, hon.

I'll get back to you later today or this evening on it, hopefully.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I found something weeeee! I think I can find what I need easier now. I always have issues finding that first source.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cool. :)

I've asked a few friends who I know are versed in the topic, so if they get back to me with more sources, I'll feed them to you.

There's also a 20/20 special on tonight about the transman who had a baby recently and is now apparently pregnant AGAIN. I don't know if that will be relevant in any way to what you're looking for.

Also, look up Angie Zapatos (?) out in Colorado, if you want a specific instance of trans violence. She was bludgeoned to death over the summer by a paramour, when he found out she was trans. But there's many others out there too.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I ran into an article about a transgender person who died on the operating table. Was it for ovarian cancer (?) because they stopped working on him.

Can't remember where of course. I think it was textbook material so perhaps it will show up for you.

Yes. The pregnant man. Maybe you've already participated in a discussion about this Jennifer. I'd like to know where and would read you with interest.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Thank you so much. My mom knows someone who is male to female transgender, actually knows her ex wife and is going to talk to her co-worker to see if I can talk to her ex-husband (it gets confusing because I don't know if it's proper to say ex-wife or husband as she was still physically male but from what I uderstand even though she had a body of a male always identified as female, I wish more people would talk about transgender in positive light, because I know very little about it. She didn't really go through the operations until she was well into her 40s with two kids, pretty much stayed in the closet until about 2 years ago.