User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 16

  1. #1
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    33,183

    Default Letters from employers to essential employees

    anyone know anything of this? I've heard of this happening to 2 different people. They were given letters by their jobs that basically say they're essential incase they get pulled over.

    I don't know how true it is because i've not seen anything official
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so :hi:

  2. #2
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    44,334

    Default

    Better to be safe than sorry, I guess.

    But I haven't yet heard of people getting pulled over. I mean, there are legitimate reasons to be out in the majority of states (grocery shopping for example), so I can't imagine the police just pulling someone over for driving in some state (because that would be a LOT of people, still, out for legitimate reasons, and it puts the police at risk) unless there is a total lockdown, and then how would people get the things they need?

    Maybe they need a letter to get into their large workplace, to prove they were selected to keep showing for work?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

  3. #3
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    33,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Totenkindly View Post
    Better to be safe than sorry, I guess.

    But I haven't yet heard of people getting pulled over. I mean, there are legitimate reasons to be out in the majority of states (grocery shopping for example), so I can't imagine the police just pulling someone over for driving in some state (because that would be a LOT of people, still, out for legitimate reasons, and it puts the police at risk) unless there is a total lockdown, and then how would people get the things they need?

    Maybe they need a letter to get into their large workplace, to prove they were selected to keep showing for work?
    yeah I'm not sure either. I question it, because i've not heard from someone who actually has received a letter but rather a neighbor of a friend or a friend of a friend
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so :hi:

  4. #4
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    12,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    anyone know anything of this? I've heard of this happening to 2 different people. They were given letters by their jobs that basically say they're essential incase they get pulled over.

    I don't know how true it is because i've not seen anything official
    The nurses and essential service folks in my union are getting special badges in case they are pulled over or questioned about being out. I have a letter from the Mutual Aid org I'm delivering food and meds for too but it's not really aimed at getting pulled over as much as the areas I'm working in already have a big police presence and it's likely they will ask me what I'm doing.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

  5. #5
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    33,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    The nurses and essential service folks in my union are getting special badges in case they are pulled over or questioned about being out. I have a letter from the Mutual Aid org I'm delivering food and meds for too but it's not really aimed at getting pulled over as much as the areas I'm working in already have a big police presence and it's likely they will ask me what I'm doing.
    yeah, my mom's work received letters. what worries me is how am i gonna get all the way to nashville to get my shot. my mom suggested i message the doctor and get a letter
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so :hi:

  6. #6
    Somber and irritated cascadeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,811

    Default

    My brother, who works for target, got a letter last week apparently. I think it's for a 'just in case' reason, if things would come to that. Personally I don't see how it would be managed, given shoppers would still be going out to purchase said essentials.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

    My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    Likes prplchknz, Falcarius liked this post

  7. #7
    somnium tenebris Powehi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp
    Posts
    11,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    My brother, who works for target, got a letter last week apparently. I think it's for a 'just in case' reason, if things would come to that. Personally I don't see how it would be managed, given shoppers would still be going out to purchase said essentials.
    There was a Wisconsin message saying only "heads of households" can go grocery shopping. I have no idea how they would enforce that. I think they don't want each of the kids running in to buy another pack of toilet paper? IDK

    I heard that Wisconsin is only allowing essential services and traffic starting today, but I also don't know how it's reinforced.

    Wisconsin governor issues order prohibiting non-essential business and travel
    bunny omi


    "Powehi means “the adorned fathomless dark creation” or “embellished dark source of unending creation” and comes from the Kumulipo, an 18th century Hawaiian creation chant. A Hawaiian name given to the very first scientific confirmation of a black hole."

    Likes prplchknz liked this post

  8. #8
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    33,183

    Default

    Memphis isn't gonna enforce it. so that's good at least or maybe that's bad all i know is i'm no longer anxious about getting to my appointment
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so :hi:
    Likes Powehi liked this post

  9. #9
    Cynical Demon Maou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    4,128

    Default

    I got a letter today just for this.
    ENTP
    6w5 1w9 3w4
    ILE- Ti
    sx/sp

  10. #10
    Fangtastic🌒🌕🌘 Feline The Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    479 sx/so
    Posts
    18,787

    Default

    I got one too, I keep it in my car.

    Weep not poor children
    For life is this way
    Murdering beauty and passions

    ESFP 4w3 7w8 9w8 sx/so
    Se>Fi>Si>Fe>Te>Ni=Ne>Ti

    I like my town with a little drop of poison:
    Nobody knows, they're lining up to go insane...


Similar Threads

  1. Switching From ENTP To INFP?
    By Mondo in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-08-2008, 12:25 PM
  2. [MBTItm] Can you move from J to P?
    By Cindyrella in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 10:08 PM
  3. How to Go from Introvert to Extrovert
    By Usehername in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-30-2007, 12:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO