• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Flex accounts

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is the second time I've been fucked over by one (in this case, it was a transit account). Apparently I can't use it now that I'm not an employee, despite it being my money. I've come to the conclusion that they are a racket and that I should never bother with one again. Does anyone have any experiences to the contrary?

I actually think they should be banned entirely (like Biden or Trump would do that, lol), as they just seem like a way to dupe employees out of a portion of their pay check. There are so many strings attached to these things that I never see explained on the website.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is the second time I've been fucked over by one (in this case, it was a transit account). Apparently I can't use it now that I'm not an employee, despite it being my money. I've come to the conclusion that they are a racket and that I should never bother with one again. Does anyone have any experiences to the contrary?

I actually think they should be banned entirely (like Biden or Trump would do that, lol), as they just seem like a way to dupe employees out of a portion of their pay check. There are so many strings attached to these things that I never see explained on the website.

are those like those cards that deposit your money to a thing and you don't have to have a bank account? My brother had that at mcdonalds till he finally went and signed up for direct deposit to bank because it took like $35 in fees every paycheck. XD

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
are those like those cards that deposit your money to a thing and you don't have to have a bank account? My brother had that at mcdonalds till he finally went and signed up for direct deposit to bank because it took like $35 in fees every paycheck. XD

It's supposed to save you money because it comes out of your pre-tax income, and you're supposed to be able to use it to pay for specific expenses like health care, parking, or transit. Except, the first time, I had a health saving account, and the idiot HR person at where I used to work entered in double the amount. This screwed me over because I couldn't withdraw the money, and I don't need to spend that much.

The second time, for transit, it's supposed to roll over into the next year, except I apparently can no longer use it because I'm no longer employed with that company ( I had trouble using it even when I was still employed). There's all kinds of fine print with the things that aren't documented anywhere I was able to access.

I've tried them twice and I've lost money with them both times. The money I would have saved even if it did work out the way it's supposed to would not have been nearly as much as the money I lost because things got screwed up because of little rules and loopholes that aren't actually documented anywhere.