User Tag List

🍓 girl in an 🍎 world SurrealisticSlumbers's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Default Any expat stories?

So, I'm mainly starting this thread to glean some information from my fellow U.S. citizens who have ever lived and worked abroad, in the E.U. to be more specific here.

How was the process to obtain a work permit (I think this is referred to as a "D Visa"??) or the process of establishing residency (is a separate visa/permit required)? Also, did you find there to be a clear path to permanent residency or dual citizenship? What's your take on the entire process?

If you may, please offer some details about what your line of work is. I would also greatly appreciate any tidbits or intel on industries that seem to be expat-friendly, how self-employment works, and what the general sentiment seems to be towards foreign workers - again, particularly U.S.-born workers.
    Over 40 years ago, we were passing through South Carolina - possibly on our way to Florida.
    For reasons unknown to this day, we were shot to death, execution style, on the side of a dirt road.
    We were a young couple, probably in our early to mid-20s, and may have been French Canadian.
    Our identities have never been established.
    So... Who were we?

Likes A Radiant Dawn liked this post

Remember, Humanity. A Radiant Dawn's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    379 sp/sx

This is an interesting topic, I've actually never seen this get brought up before on TypoC.
    Always forward, never back!

"I always love talking to people and hearing their story. People always have a good life story to tell ya know?"

Today is the beginning, and tomorrow is the beginning of everything else.

March on, life's too grand to let things get you down for long. It's a beautiful place and we're so blessed to be here.

I am a person of fortune and I must seek my fortune.

My blog
    Likes SurrealisticSlumbers liked this post

🍓 girl in an 🍎 world SurrealisticSlumbers's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

For those looking into living and working in Belgium, I found this site: Settle and Connect.
    Over 40 years ago, we were passing through South Carolina - possibly on our way to Florida.
    For reasons unknown to this day, we were shot to death, execution style, on the side of a dirt road.
    We were a young couple, probably in our early to mid-20s, and may have been French Canadian.
    Our identities have never been established.
    So... Who were we?

Likes A Radiant Dawn liked this post