• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Professional Life: Problem, Story, Discussion

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Background
I have problem in my professional life. I would like to discuss it here. I would be happy if other do care to read this and happier if others gave comments, suggestion/advice to my professional life problem. I did have tried to come up with solution. I have been firstly trying to uncover general principles applicable in professional life. However, I have got stuck on how I as an individual will be able to face it. Studying typology autodidactly and seriously is actually another endeavor, which is part of it. I have decided to bring this problem in this typology forum where the members are interested in the discussion, since I am having a hard time trying to find others in the real life to discuss with. My thread will be containing stories, and may be some theory or principle or policy that I think is relevant in professional life, debatable issues in job problem, griefs (perhaps). You may find the same case in your professional working environment also.

- - - Updated - - -

The first time I became a professional worker, I worked as an intern in a bank for an Accounting Project. I was so confident after graduation, that I felt I had already understood at all of how company was managed, since I have already studied it theoretically at university. However, A lot of financial theories that I learnt from the university seem could not applied directly to my assigned position. I was placed in operation division of a bank in which it turned out I felt I wasn't familiar enough. Sometimes I even felt that the knowledge that I have learnt was not really useful to situation. In the bank, I was demmaded to deal with with a lot of transaction data (1 year of transactions, but had to be completed within months) that I had to calculate in some financial fashion. I felt the data were too many and it was too cumbersome for me to process manually. I couldn’t just process it manually. Nevertheless, I was not well equipped with sufficient software practical skill of data processing. I felt that, in order to perform the job well, the employee that should be hired is someone who is able to perform such skill. I felt that understandings of theory are not really needed for the job. They need someone who is able to perform data processing with fast speed, using excel.
But I keep working there for months since, for the reason why I was there working was because of money.
There was another a paid intern who was very well versed with microsoft excel. With her skill, it was faster for her to process a lot of transactions calculation. She was even asked to teach other intern that had some difficulty how to opearate it, including me. After having been introduced with MBTI in 2014-Now, I have identified her as a female ESTJ. But, Before it, in 2010, I couldn’t even identify what her type was, since at that time, I hadn’t been introduced to the MBTI. I felt that the position doesn't really need vast theoretical knowledge that I had been taught at university. I even felt that the bank for the project only need a high school graduate. As long as they are able use spreadsheet and they have the sufficient energy to process a lot of data, with some short training, they will be able to perform the job. That was a lot of work to do. There was one day, when the intern and me had to go home in arround 02.00 a.m, I could see that she could still smile; what a career woman she is!, while I was exhausted. I felt that I was much weaker than her for the job. When I remember this, I think She possessed the necessary energy that I do not have.
I wasn't really well versed in using spreadsheet for data processing. Before joining the bank, I was already aware that MS. Exl enables people in processing a lot of data, but I wasn't interested in studying it. However, I do not feel that I regret that microsoft excel data processing skill, with advance command like insert complex formula, pivot table, etc should have been mastered by me before joining the bank. Until now, I do not pursue by learning to have a practical skill in data processing by MS excel although it could mean that it is predictable that I won’t be hired in a bank in operation division.

- - - Updated - - -

Professing as a Journalist
I used to be a journalist who worked for an economic magazines and I was required to write report news and articles in economic based topics. In my experience as a research-analyst and reporter for the magazine, I was required to interview a lot of "important person like a CEO" and write based on the interview. To record the conversation, I had to use voice recorder and re-listen to it while composing articles.
An Overwhelmed “Yes Man” I Had Become
I had become “Yes Man” that I agreed to finish the additional tasks given but it turned out I was actually overwhelmed and in the end quitted my job.
When I was working in A magazine, I was assigned as a researcher. But the Editor in Chief told me also to do some journalistic report like attending press conference, writing articles, writing book review. Writing article in journalistic has to be done in hurry, since the deadline is very thight whereas, research has also lots of work to do. I just couldn’t handle both.
Too Demmanding Boss
I was unlucky to have a demanding boss, A boss that likes to add more work, when one work has already assigned. He may have felt that because I had already been paid, I was obliged to finish more work. Under a professional contract, we can be judged behaving unprofessionally when we reject tasks, assignments, works, because the employer already agreed to pay us, and we have accepted it as a deal, as a professional. The Boss seemed to never care much whether I, as an employee whether I had been burned out, as he may have never realized it as a problem. I did not stay long (only 7 months) working as a journalist & researcher as I finally quitted. Before leaving the office, I should have said: “boss you asked too much”, but I didn’t.

Evaluation
I am not really enthusiastic in work as a writer for a newspaper, a magazine or other mass media like television, radio, since the journalists have to write for their readers while I am only willing to write for myself for learning purposes. The second is that, the time span of journalistic writing are only useful for a short term, while I'd like to create a long term one. I would like to see my writing make a long lasting effect for my reader. It could be academic type of writing. Taking lesson from what I have experienced before, I was not really satisfied with the articles that I wrote for the magazine. If I had to work as a reporter again, I think that I can only hold a reporter-journalistic career only for a short term.

Suitable Type for Journalistic Career

The Meeting the deadline problem in journalistic career will be more easily responded Spontaneusly By Introverted Judging Type. The reason is that they don’t plan. May be they doubt that execution will always successfully follow the plan anyway, so planning could be pointless for them. I remember that my friend say that life is just flowing like water. They do not stick to the plan. When water is put into a bucket, the shape will be like bucket. When water is put into a glass, the shape of the water will follow the glass.

Q: What type of person do I think ideally suitable for holding journalistic career for a long term?
A: ENFP (Economics, Business Journalistics), ENTP (Politics Journalist), ESTP (Travel, and Sports Journalistics), ESFP (Fashion, Travel Journalistic).

For a long term career, the Psychological Types that I think is more suitable for holding the career is a personality type with Extroverted Intuition dominant energy functions like ENFP and ENTP. It seems that they are gifted with the intuitive outer world objectively orientated extroversion psyhcic energy. Extroverted Feeler psychic type feels energized if they interact with people. They will be able to work for a long time with people than if they work alone. It seems that they are naturally pay attention to person's word and expect other to do the same. Although I cannot tell just yet whether that the type memory of Extroverted Feeler is verbatim utterance of a person, it seems that they do have the gift of the person utterance verbatim memory. They are able to repeat person words from memory even in verbatim utterances.
The company that they work for will tend to be satisfied with what they do, as What they write is simply "sellable" at the moment and they are able keep doing it. They tend to attract other companies to advertise as their opinion tend to attract attention of many people. Because business media revenue ccomes from advertisement. Larger attention that they get, should be followed by more ads sales revenue for them.

Recruiter May have Mistakenly Chosen Me But Blame Should Also be Addressed to Me Since I Accepted the Job Offer
Previous years ago, I met a person who was only high school graduated that is placed as a senior executives in a market research company. He started his career from cleaning service position in the company. But, recently, he was promoted to a senior executives positions in recruitment. He already assigned to the position when I worked there. The later is a much more respected position in the company more than cleaning services, the position that he previously assigned to. He is able to operate microsoft access, a software who is able to store and retrieve a large databases. When it is applied in Recruitment Management, the software serves as a machine that provides the basis of fact of person spesific that can be used as the basis of basic Administration of recruitment management: Sourcing Candidate, Recruiting, payroll etc.
Compared to me, who is university graduated, he is much better in operating microsoft access. Therefore, He is much ready than I am when having to deal with person spesific facts. Theory is not really needed when working in such position.
They may have chosen a wrong person. An example is that tertiary education that is commonly required in big corporations sometimes are not really needed. Someone who holds a tertiary educational degree may not be strong enough in engaging in a job because he/she is simply doesn’t have the correct psychics energy for the job.

Got Contract as BA but Work as a Translator and Tourist Guide

The role that was assigned to me administratively while still working at IT consulting was Business Analyst, but my supervisor told me to do another job: translating project documents written in Bahasa into English. They did this because they, Filipino expatriates, couldn't speak Bahasa well. They can only speak Tagalog and English. Actually this role and work was not in line with the role of the Business Analyst given by HRD. If they need a translator, they should hire translators / translators from outside the organization or they use a third party / vendor who works for the company. But, at that time, I played the role first. But this did not continue. My contract ended, in fact the employer has expected to extend "as he Said", but I think this job has a double role: BA and translator. I hesitate to extend.
An additional Tourist Guide Role
I was once underestimated my talent of English proficiency, even after, my former boss at IT consulting from the Philiphine treated me as if I was a tourist guide whereas according to the contract, I was hired as an analyst. He asked me to talk to local residents in Padang who couldn’t speak English and translate what they talk to him in the evening. In my opinion, first, It is out of the job description. Well, I Should have charged him a tourist guide fee for the service. Second, It was out of office hours. He should have given me overtime fee. But I was tied with the position given in the contract. How commercial I am!

Real Estate Broker

I joined real estate broker as an associate. I was optimistic that I would be able to do the job. The job was physicaly demanding. Majority, it is executed outdoor. As a broker we need to search some clients that wishes to find buyers/leasee for their property. We are not paid based on salary. We are paid based on commission only on successful sales. But, just recently it seemed that the principal who owned the frenchise may be unwilling to extend their frenchise contract. He decided to close the office. But having undergone the work of real estate broker, and learnt psychic energy, I do not recommend it for myself. I recommend it for ESFP, ESTP, ENTJ, ENFJ.

Last edited:
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Professionalism
Professionalism bound begins with an agreement between the two parties both the worker and the employer that the former will work for the later for a rewards. It will end by: 1.termination of contract, 2.end of contract, 3. retirement. If both of them have agreed, the professional work contract shall begin.
Work asked by the employer must be finished by employee. The Work Results of the worker must be acceptable to the employer so that the employer continues to remain willing to employ the employee. What employers want to do is work that is useful for them.
Employers burden or require their workers to finish the job.
In an agreement of working professionally, the employer demand that they have to get works accomplished by the professionals. If not, they could assume it was futile to pay the professional.
When they pay but don’t get the work that they want, they could assume that the money was like paid for donation whereas the initial agreement the person who apply for a job to them was not asking for a donation. Worsely, They may see that the professional is only like a beggar that ask for donation but unwilling to give something in return. Professionalism could be practically interpreted: employer pay but they demand they have to get some work from the man that they pay.
Volunteerism Vs Professionalism
Volunteerism is an exact opposite of professionalism. Volunteers are willing to work without taking payment, professionals are only willing to work for agreed payment. They differ themselves in willingness of the person who acts as professional and volunteer.
Expecting a Fair Comment
When I used to work for at an IT Consultant, my boss interviewed client employees. There was a his comment that I remember: "that's very professional of you". He say this when employee clients that reports on what work they have done during a particular project period. This comment is interesting. This has to do with the principle of professionalism. Completing the work assigned to them is considered as a behavior that shows professionalism. This behavior is considered desirable and should always be demonstrated by these professionals. It is just the right comment / judgment to say is "that's a very professional !, when a professional worker completes their work, Although Psychologically, client employee may expect more than just commenting on "that it's very professional".

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Bossy Mentality
Parties who practice professionalism will care only of payment they make to the employee and care to know whether a Job has been finished. They only care to tell that these list of works are the employee' job to finish, and this is the employee salary, employee wage, etc, The employee finished work will legally become employers. Emloyee will finish it for employers, and then employers claim ownership to what the employee have finished. Employers legally do so, because employers have paid the employee.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Employee Potential Competency Issue

There is a potential problem with this policy. It is possible that the employee who are burdened / required to do something turns out they are incapable of doing it. This can make employers disappointed, because they already expect that the work can be completed by their professionals, even though it is actually not certain. When it turns out it's not, the employer can assume they have paid but don't get anything. They have spent money, but did not get anything from professionals or they may get some works but not as they expected. They are certainly more than compelling to recruit other professionals to hire, and pay for other professionals, rather than paying professionals who are incompetent. When this happens, the professional can lose his job. Employers mean that the money that was previously paid to these incapable workers, will be paid to other professionals who are competent enough to complete the work they want. Professionals sacked won't get paid anymore and have to find another job.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
What a Professional and Competent House Maid
I was storytold that a maid that used to work for with our family for 26 years began working since age of 14 (after passing junior high school). I was storytold that she passed junior highschool but she didn’t take her diploma, because she was in arrears of school payment.

When She used to be asked to sweep the floor, she did it cleanly, mopped cleanly, asked to wash dishes, she finished it cleanly, she asked to cook, her cooking was delicious, my parents where she used to work for must have been satisfied. Having done so, She used to be continuesly asked for work for our family. My mother almost never wants to replace her. She continuously got paid, because she used to be capable of completing the household works assigned for her. Even though she is no longer working for my parents after 26 years, it was because another issue; not because of “performance” issue.

Last edited:
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Debatable issue: Psychic Energy Presence Is Absolutely Necessary For Any Work
Energy presence is absolutely necessary to undergo any work whether it is a professional or volunteer work.
I should be able to solve my psychic energy problem by being able to correctly identify my type and perform related type of work longer than others without experiencing unberable psychic exhaustion and worsely a psychic medical condition later in life.
In Terms of Psychological Strength, even Man May Lose to A Woman
Some may provoke that we are man, how could be man weaker than a woman.
But, In terms of psychological strength, generally speaking, even a man can lose to a woman, in task, where the nature of psyhcic energy is naturally much stronger in the woman than in the man. I was surprised when a woman at 2 am can still smile when I was already exhausting and cannot smile anymore. in my identification, She is An ESTJ. A workaholic woman. With a judging function dominant-introverted sensing, she can decide-decide-decide, take actions, and undergo the decision tirelessly for the whole working hours. In a long term career, she can be promoted to a future executive director, I predicted.

After Learning Psychic Energy, It is more defitinive which profession is suitable for Me

It is more definitive which profession that should be pursued having confidently affirmed to myself that I have some knowledge of this psychic energy. It is advisable that the professions that we should be dreamt of are the professions with responsibilities and task are feasible to be finished by ourselves an individual as a professional, without harming ourselves. In my experience, It is not easy to determine the direction of a career. I have to know what kind of work I am enthusiastic in doing and I realize that Knowing the spirit is arguably explained in typology, but it in itself is a psychological topic that may not be easy to learn even we may have the opportunity to undergo the studying.

Last edited:
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
My Goal is to Avoid Psychic Exhaustion and Worsely Psycopathic Condition by Engaging only in A job that naturally need My natural psychic energy
One of the purpose of identifying and choose a working field that is naturally use the correct natural psychics energy and to avoid unbearable exhaustion and worsely a psychic medical condition of unsconsciously engaging in work which no supplies of natural psychics energy.
The presence of psychics energy in cognitive and decision making psychics function is the simplest requirement to undergo any work whether it is volunteer or professional work. If no natural psychics energy is present, nothing can be undegone energetically. If the natural psyhics energy doesn’t exactly match, a work will be too tiring to the person, worsely the person may develop psychic medical conditions later.

Working without Resting Can Be Fatal; an Absurd Way of Making Money

I heard news that an investment bank employee just died because of over work. I raise question What for undertaking a job that risks the life of the worker himself/herself? When the worker died, his/her salary plus insurance means nothing to him/herself. It is no longer useful, since his corpse can not spend the money for him. The party that takes benefit of the money will be their heir; not the workers themselves. Further, The money cannot bring the dead worker's life back since there is nothing such a soul merchant that sell souls for money in the universe. It is an absurd work ethics for the related employee even though it is undertaken for the sake of responsibility. It is much better decision to resign and try finding another work than risking life for professional work.

I don't understand the Norm of the responsibilities of the Jobs. I only know after undergoing it.

I didn't know before that stressing pressure so reporters are located in deadline chasing regularly. I Just found out it after experiencing it. Those who study in journalism / communication science might have known before joining. Those who followed the student press might have known better. But the tiredness depends once again on the psychic energy too. When interviewing, the hassle is in listening to the recording of the interview again. It is Like working twice when interviewing and when listening again to the recording.

Shock in Professional Life
I was shock because of I have never experienced burnout before in academic life, I almost never fall asleep during my academic year in classroom. In my short professional years, I experienced burnout even though still I have never fallen asleep in the office.
I remember that on Saturday and Sunday, I could only sleep for the whole day because of feeling burnout. This is a psychological condition that resembles my previous Hypersomnia in University.
My interest in MBTI (Myers Briggs Type Indicator) and later Psychological Types partly grows because of this experiences.

Last edited:
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Company Imposing Code Of Conduct For Employee who Accidentally Fall Asleep
Company may impose A Code of Conduct (CoC) is imposed on employee that is found to fall asleep in the office. According to CoC, employee cannot fall asleep in office for any reason, any hour including lunch break hour. It is prohibitied. I don't know how hard the sanction is if an employee is found to fall asleep in the office. They could send the employee a first warning letter for indisciplinary conduct.
But the thing is.
Working needs energy. Rest is needed to restore energy. We can continue to Work as long as energy is still there. When we are burnout, we should take a rest to recover our energy like, sleeping, etc. Or just rest when tired. But this is not practiced in office workers.
Office workers, are allowable to get some rest only at 12: 00-13:00. Beyond that we are simply not allowed. The thing is: What if when 12:00-13:00 it turned out that the workers were not exhausted, not starving, they didn't need a break but were told to take a break. When we are tired at 3 pm, we aren’t allowed to take some rest, because we aren' permitted to take a break. This is also practice not essential in the professional world. When already tired, workers are not allowed to take some rest. When we are not yet exhausted, workers may be pushed to rest

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
I have been Wondering whether I am suitable for Head Hunter?
While studying Jung's typology, I thought about applying to a head hunter, but on the second thought, this job might not be suitable for me. What I expect is that the job demands of Head Hunters must be sourcing: finding candidates they want to offer to their clients. Technically the sourcing that might be done is by a job search website. They must be willing to call people / candidates as my sister was called by the head hunter.
This is a good type of dominant extrovert sensor. Maybe ESTP, ESFP are more suitable. Actually the type of ENTJ / ENFJ can also be They are the type that many acquaintances / many friends. The type that is popular / known by people. Even if there are psychological problems, they will be able to because they have spiritual intuition. This also seems like a sales job and this can be an entrepreneur. They offer high-level candidates even up to the Chief-level executives (C-Level Executive) usually to be employed to their clients.e
I agree with what they basically practice
Recruitment should be in the form of an agency, a separated entity from the company. There are people who are looking for a job. There are employers who want to employ. Between prospective employer and prospective employee must have an agreement on various things. Employers are looking for the right workforce, employees are also looking for the right job. This agency is tasked with promoting the right employee candidates to the company as well as introducing prospective employers to prospective employees. The consideration is that companies can waste resources when the people they recruit cannot accomplish the jobs they want. So there must be a party that assesses who is able to complete the work based on available psychic energy at least theoretically. They can work together with psychopathology clinics.
The working related problem is very complex.
This is not just a matter of professionalism but it is also psychological. When people get into certain positions, they can be psychopathic. HRD staff tends to fight for the interests of their employers.
Suggestion to Professional Recruiter
Any psychologist that deals with employee recruitment should taken this psychic energy to account, if they weren't willing to encounter high employee turnover. The employee that they recruit may possess academic background but do not necessarily possess the energy required to undergo the work. But the psychologist should be familiar of psychic energy.
Unidentified Problem in Some Professional Recruiter.

To my best knowledge, they usually perform are administrative works: background checking, screening based on documents, some Psychological Testings. Well in my experience of finding jobs, The HRDs staffs that I have met do not really seek for Psychic energy. Is there any Jungian psychologist in here? I haven't met them. They looked for competence in the sense of hard skills. They do not to tell that the candidates what are the results of psychological testing, making them unable to compare what they think of the candidates and what the candidates feel or think or believe with the so called Psychologist but actually a behaviorist opinion. Of course, I am aware that they are professionally paid for the companies and they have no obligation to report the results to the applicants.

Last edited:
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Debatable issue: Advice on Sticking on to Your Educational Background? Should We take it?
I am already sick of the “usual advice” or may be even worse "half like a coercion“ given by some people that advise to stick on with your educational background. It is not always the case in professional life. In this era of information technology, We can learn many things, especially the theoretical ones (e.g what we are learning now: typology) through discussion in online forum or studied autodidactly with freely available e-books. Learning is not limited to by attending university. Not going to university doesn’t always follow “not learning at all”, since it is possible that they learn it outside the classroom even though it is not formally and officially graded. Therefore, people who do not attend university are not necessarily uneducated even though they can’t show any document of “graduation certificate”.
In addition, I have been wondering whether university graduate can still remember what the teaching they learnt were? The second issue with sticking to your educational background is that: What if we don’t like your Major? Should we still stay in by looking for the job that calls for the education background? are there issues unaddressed yet.?

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Childhood Memory Came Back; I Explored Photography
With some childhood memory, that was unscounsciously comes back: staring at eclipsed sun with a negative film, I explored photography. To photograph means to paint with light. A photographer is etimologically a light painter.
For me, Some struggling parts of the field that I have already identified are DSLR basic setting of ASA, Aperture Size, And Shutter Speed, and bringing a heavy equipment like tripod and camera itself. On Saturday, 29 of August 2015, I for the first time do hunting. A rented DSLR camera can weigh up to more or less 1kg, and a tripod is weighted approx 2 kg. With a 2 kg laptop on my back, on one three hours hunting, I can brought up to approx 5 kg on my back.
I used to go on foot to school, back to junior high school. Hunting photo on foot is much healtier than getting stressed because of getting trapped in traffic jam for hours and sit on the back of office table for 8 hours staring at computer and dealing with others. It also means as physical exercise also while working. So doing photography is like having physical exercise while working.
My plan that I take photography as a hobby, that I regard as one of perceptive work available for me. A work that I identify requires an extroverted sensation psyhcic functions, where outerworld five senses based sensation at the present moment are always placed higher in value than the psyche. The psyche as a result is always adopted to the five sense sensation that it receives at the present moment. I feel that The natural psychic energy is present for me.
The sensations that is used in photography is a very spesific to a visual sensation. It is one kind of a visual arts work. I think it is a continuation to a painter type of work with a documentation purpose of a memorial moments that differs itself with painting that is more of a pure art.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
grammar

Try Getting Freelance Job as the Way to More Freely Express Myself as Myself
I am aware that a lot of code of conduct, ethical conduct that, in the very best practice, has to be followed by employees in a company they work for limit behavior for at least one third of the employees life. Sometimes I feel that is required to follow it as it is said since it is part of their professional life. It is hard for any worker to behave as the rules determine even though the rule could be at a large portion limit the behavior of the employees. Whether they are right or wrong in their professional conduct, they will be judged by the code of conduct. Since they behave not as themselves but as a companies representatives, they are obliged to maintain the companies images. Theoretically, disciplinary action can be taken if they are not behave as they should although in practice it could not be enforced. I have experience it for almost all of my educational career that Students are instructed to maintain their behavior since it is related to the schools reputation. The only way to avoid to obey set of rules that governs my behavior, is by working freelance or become an artist. Since freelancer or artist is judged by their output of their work only, not by how they behave, they are far easier to express themselves as themselves.

Prediction: With the Availability of Fiverr, Media Design Division Can Be Dispersed

The magazine company that I used to worked for has its own design division. But with fiverr availability, this division can be dispersed.The media company can buy directly from the fiverr freelancers. They could replace designer for every design. It will not be routine anymore that they got a design from just one employed designer. The media company that I used to work for, still have its own design division.
This opens more opportunity for freelancers to get a project.

Last edited:
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Memory: My Childhood Practical Hobbies
In my childhood, I used to make paper it an origami, or a plasticine and create it to a some kind of sculpture (but not made of clay) and drawing. Paper is affordable for me, yet I can make some artistic opuses from it. Now I have been thinking that, this artistic works may be commercialized. Another practical hobby is finding a blank paper and draws something. When the memory came back, I repeated it. Recently I have drawn some picture.
Turn My Childhood Hobby into a Profession: A Promising Solution?
My parents call it a hobby because of the fact that I do not make money from it. Honestly, I have been thinking that how I could turn my hobby into a profession lately. I realize that hobby and professions may differ in terms just because of the matter of money making. I learnt that when we say something is a hobby, we may imply that we do not make money by doing it although we like it. When we say we do something as a profession, we may imply that we do make money by doing it although we actually dislike it. Saying so, My parents sound to underestimate my artistic endeavor. They may fail to predict that it can also be a profession, when I am successfully making money doing it.

Last edited:
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
An Art Intern Plan
I have been planning that I am going to keep on searching profession/internship position in the field of art by creating portfolio as many and as various as I can and send them. Artist is judged based on their opus.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Could you summarize the situation and what kind of advice you're hoping for in a few paragraphs? I think that'll help you get responses.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Could you summarize the situation and what kind of advice you're hoping for in a few paragraphs? I think that'll help you get responses.
Yes.
What's the question you are asking. I got through maybe 10 posts and gave up.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-

https://www.typologycentral.com/forums/arts-and-entertainment/79591-typology-central-art-gallery-14.html#post3153400 post#132
You can check the link above for origami, drawing, photos.
The Current Situation
Recently I began drawing again, and creating some crafts: origami,
I draw a geometric drawing.
I just learnt that in art, they call it “portfolio”, a collection of artistic opuses.

My plan is to create as many as art opuses as various as I can and try marketing the crafts in an online store. I already leant about fiverr, I just learnt about etsy., all of which are called the marketplace, where online store owner can meet their customers directly. I have been researching about these two websites. I have already created accounts on freelance websites.
But, I am so lack of design software skill that I have to learn sooooo muuuuuch “from scratch”. You may notice that I still draw manually on paper. I actually use pencil, eraser, ruler, protractor, and some drawing pen, while there are a lot of design software that actually enables to do more on the drawing. That is the issue that I address to myself. I am a fan of Rafael Araujo, a geometric artist. You can google his name. I have been wondering whether I could compete with others without the software skill. But since Rafael Araujo doesn’t draw using software, but still opens his online store; he must be still in business, I begin to think that it is possible to make sales even though the drawing is finished manually. Of course, I am not saying that my artistic work is the same as his. It is obviously not.
I think that I have to do a lot more on the marketing campaign so that I can get some sales.

Of course, I keep searching another jobs, in marketing position, thinking that I may be able to do both as a professional in office and as a freelancer although I have no knowledge of how busy I would be in performing both roles.
I remember that there was once, I drew Saint Seiya gold robe, in elementary school. In my highschool, I painted Pericles also in art class, but I lost the painting. When I drew it, instagram wasn’t available yet, so it had to be stored in hard copy and had to be kept in a specific place like a warehouse. I forgot where I put that painting in. I must have lost it, hence I am unable to show it here. It was at the moment when the memory came back, I wrote it down, and eventually I began drawing again. As an individual, I wish I could respond to the practice of professionalism principle also practically by making crafts, and drawing, as practical artistic endeavors that I am capable of. But I probably can no longer assume myself as a Professional, since I may have been about to become an entrepreneur doing so. However, Becoming an entrepreneur or professional is not a serious issue for me. What matters most is to keep making money without having to suffer psychopathic condition.

I am happy to listen to any kind of comments and suggestion/advice.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Another Working Experience Story: As A Freelance Translator
After leaving the property brokerage/agency business, I joined a freelance translator business. I got project in translating an accounting standard and accounting report: balance sheet, statement shareholders equity, income statement. I didn’t do the marketing: looking for clients, etc; what I only knew that I got projects and began translating trying to meet the deadline. What I didn’t like was the payment terms: They pay their translators on day 5th every month; not after works finished. I forgot to bill, I had to wait until the next month. So, when I finished my first project, I got hesitate that I had submitted my works but hadn’t received my payment yet. And they like to give another project, without settling the payment of the first project. After “billing” my translating fee to them (It has to be them, who actually bill the clients, anyway), I don’t do translating with them anymore even though they try to contact meI learnt that to run a business with sworn translator, the owner has to have a stamp issued by the local government. They got this after taking some exam. But, in the actual translation projects, the person that has his name on the stamp of sworn translator, do not work alone, may be because of the workload and the deadline of course. They work in team. Working as a translator, I just happened to join their team. But I realize that the person whose name in the stamp of sworn translator assume full responsibilities when clients complaints. When clients unsatisfied, then complaint, they will certainly look for the person whose name on stamp. When I notice that they charge their clients with significantly different price with the fee that they pay me, I began thinking of opening my own translation business even though it is not a sworn translator. I finally opened a freelance account on the net that we have to find our clients by ourselves and expect to receive payment just after the translation works finished.
To join them, they do not require degree in language, at least in my experience.
How do I find A Freelance Translator ?
Seemingly, I always have some trouble when, I am placed at the position that I have to meet deadlines. I found myself translating in the midnight because the next day would be the deadline.. In my previous journalistic career, after attending press conferences, I had to write more or less one page in length article in a hurry and submit the article to the editor to be upload in online site. Journalist is always pushed that they have to be the first in reporting news at the speed of at least at the same time (it can be up to in hours, minutes, or even in seconds) like others journalistic offices. Some of journalists do the writing on the spot, exactly at the press conferences location. In translation business, the clients always demand that their order has to be finished within the deadline. Typical translation deadline that I know is three to four working days for more or less 20 pages, word count 8000s. Some may be better than I did. Everyday, on average, as a translator, ideally, we have to finish translating minimum 5 pages approx 2000words per day to meet the 4 working days deadline. I was once complained because of late delivery. I only got once revision (+1 working day) demand from clients after finishing my project.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't understand if this is a thread for straight up asking for advice or telling your story and maybe get some advice, I'm sorry.
Either one is fine, but I'd suggest opening a thread in the blog section if the second one is your situation.