First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    - None

Childhood Memory Came Back; I Explored Photography
    With some childhood memory, that was unscounsciously comes back: staring at eclipsed sun with a negative film, I explored photography. To photograph means to paint with light. A photographer is etimologically a light painter.
    For me, Some struggling parts of the field that I have already identified are DSLR basic setting of ASA, Aperture Size, And Shutter Speed, and bringing a heavy equipment like tripod and camera itself. On Saturday, 29 of August 2015, I for the first time do hunting. A rented DSLR camera can weigh up to more or less 1kg, and a tripod is weighted approx 2 kg. With a 2 kg laptop on my back, on one three hours hunting, I can brought up to approx 5 kg on my back.
    I used to go on foot to school, back to junior high school. Hunting photo on foot is much healtier than getting stressed because of getting trapped in traffic jam for hours and sit on the back of office table for 8 hours staring at computer and dealing with others. It also means as physical exercise also while working. So doing photography is like having physical exercise while working.
    My plan that I take photography as a hobby, that I regard as one of perceptive work available for me. A work that I identify requires an extroverted sensation psyhcic functions, where outerworld five senses based sensation at the present moment are always placed higher in value than the psyche. The psyche as a result is always adopted to the five sense sensation that it receives at the present moment. I feel that The natural psychic energy is present for me.
    The sensations that is used in photography is a very spesific to a visual sensation. It is one kind of a visual arts work. I think it is a continuation to a painter type of work with a documentation purpose of a memorial moments that differs itself with painting that is more of a pure art.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    - None

Default grammar

Try Getting Freelance Job as the Way to More Freely Express Myself as Myself
    I am aware that a lot of code of conduct, ethical conduct that, in the very best practice, has to be followed by employees in a company they work for limit behavior for at least one third of the employees life. Sometimes I feel that is required to follow it as it is said since it is part of their professional life. It is hard for any worker to behave as the rules determine even though the rule could be at a large portion limit the behavior of the employees. Whether they are right or wrong in their professional conduct, they will be judged by the code of conduct. Since they behave not as themselves but as a companies representatives, they are obliged to maintain the companies images. Theoretically, disciplinary action can be taken if they are not behave as they should although in practice it could not be enforced. I have experience it for almost all of my educational career that Students are instructed to maintain their behavior since it is related to the schools reputation. The only way to avoid to obey set of rules that governs my behavior, is by working freelance or become an artist. Since freelancer or artist is judged by their output of their work only, not by how they behave, they are far easier to express themselves as themselves.

Prediction: With the Availability of Fiverr, Media Design Division Can Be Dispersed

The magazine company that I used to worked for has its own design division. But with fiverr availability, this division can be dispersed.The media company can buy directly from the fiverr freelancers. They could replace designer for every design. It will not be routine anymore that they got a design from just one employed designer. The media company that I used to work for, still have its own design division.
    This opens more opportunity for freelancers to get a project.
    Last edited by typologyenthusiast; 08-31-2019 at 08:22 AM.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    - None

Memory: My Childhood Practical Hobbies
    In my childhood, I used to make paper it an origami, or a plasticine and create it to a some kind of sculpture (but not made of clay) and drawing. Paper is affordable for me, yet I can make some artistic opuses from it. Now I have been thinking that, this artistic works may be commercialized. Another practical hobby is finding a blank paper and draws something. When the memory came back, I repeated it. Recently I have drawn some picture.
    Turn My Childhood Hobby into a Profession: A Promising Solution?
    My parents call it a hobby because of the fact that I do not make money from it. Honestly, I have been thinking that how I could turn my hobby into a profession lately. I realize that hobby and professions may differ in terms just because of the matter of money making. I learnt that when we say something is a hobby, we may imply that we do not make money by doing it although we like it. When we say we do something as a profession, we may imply that we do make money by doing it although we actually dislike it. Saying so, My parents sound to underestimate my artistic endeavor. They may fail to predict that it can also be a profession, when I am successfully making money doing it.
    Last edited by typologyenthusiast; 08-31-2019 at 08:52 AM.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    - None

An Art Intern Plan
    I have been planning that I am going to keep on searching profession/internship position in the field of art by creating portfolio as many and as various as I can and send them. Artist is judged based on their opus.

MBTI
    Infp
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp
    Socionics
    🐼 Fi

Could you summarize the situation and what kind of advice you're hoping for in a few paragraphs? I think that'll help you get responses.
    ✦ᏖᏒᎥᎮ ค ℓιɬɬℓɛ Ꮭıɠɧɬ ʄคŋɬคʂɬıƈ✦ -: ✦ :- ƒ O ᖇ G E ᗪ I ᑎ ƒ I ᖇ E ❋-: ✦ :-★ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴇᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴇʟꜱ★
    * ・゚ ・゚ * ⊱9w1✶S✶2w1✶X✶5w6⊰ * ・゚ ・゚ *
    ✦Շђєяє คяє ๓σяє тнιηﻭѕ ιη нєανєη αη∂ єαятн Շђαη คяє ∂яєαмт σƒ ιη уσυя ρнιℓσѕσρну.✦
    Likes Hexcoder liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    Could you summarize the situation and what kind of advice you're hoping for in a few paragraphs? I think that'll help you get responses.
    Yes.
    What's the question you are asking. I got through maybe 10 posts and gave up.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    - None

The Typology Central Art Gallery post#132
    You can check the link above for origami, drawing, photos.
    The Current Situation
    Recently I began drawing again, and creating some crafts: origami,
    I draw a geometric drawing.
    I just learnt that in art, they call it “portfolio”, a collection of artistic opuses.

My plan is to create as many as art opuses as various as I can and try marketing the crafts in an online store. I already leant about fiverr, I just learnt about etsy., all of which are called the marketplace, where online store owner can meet their customers directly. I have been researching about these two websites. I have already created accounts on freelance websites.
    But, I am so lack of design software skill that I have to learn sooooo muuuuuch “from scratch”. You may notice that I still draw manually on paper. I actually use pencil, eraser, ruler, protractor, and some drawing pen, while there are a lot of design software that actually enables to do more on the drawing. That is the issue that I address to myself. I am a fan of Rafael Araujo, a geometric artist. You can google his name. I have been wondering whether I could compete with others without the software skill. But since Rafael Araujo doesn’t draw using software, but still opens his online store; he must be still in business, I begin to think that it is possible to make sales even though the drawing is finished manually. Of course, I am not saying that my artistic work is the same as his. It is obviously not.
    I think that I have to do a lot more on the marketing campaign so that I can get some sales.

Of course, I keep searching another jobs, in marketing position, thinking that I may be able to do both as a professional in office and as a freelancer although I have no knowledge of how busy I would be in performing both roles.
    I remember that there was once, I drew Saint Seiya gold robe, in elementary school. In my highschool, I painted Pericles also in art class, but I lost the painting. When I drew it, instagram wasn’t available yet, so it had to be stored in hard copy and had to be kept in a specific place like a warehouse. I forgot where I put that painting in. I must have lost it, hence I am unable to show it here. It was at the moment when the memory came back, I wrote it down, and eventually I began drawing again. As an individual, I wish I could respond to the practice of professionalism principle also practically by making crafts, and drawing, as practical artistic endeavors that I am capable of. But I probably can no longer assume myself as a Professional, since I may have been about to become an entrepreneur doing so. However, Becoming an entrepreneur or professional is not a serious issue for me. What matters most is to keep making money without having to suffer psychopathic condition.

I am happy to listen to any kind of comments and suggestion/advice.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    - None

Another Working Experience Story: As A Freelance Translator
    After leaving the property brokerage/agency business, I joined a freelance translator business. I got project in translating an accounting standard and accounting report: balance sheet, statement shareholders equity, income statement. I didn’t do the marketing: looking for clients, etc; what I only knew that I got projects and began translating trying to meet the deadline. What I didn’t like was the payment terms: They pay their translators on day 5th every month; not after works finished. I forgot to bill, I had to wait until the next month. So, when I finished my first project, I got hesitate that I had submitted my works but hadn’t received my payment yet. And they like to give another project, without settling the payment of the first project. After “billing” my translating fee to them (It has to be them, who actually bill the clients, anyway), I don’t do translating with them anymore even though they try to contact meI learnt that to run a business with sworn translator, the owner has to have a stamp issued by the local government. They got this after taking some exam. But, in the actual translation projects, the person that has his name on the stamp of sworn translator, do not work alone, may be because of the workload and the deadline of course. They work in team. Working as a translator, I just happened to join their team. But I realize that the person whose name in the stamp of sworn translator assume full responsibilities when clients complaints. When clients unsatisfied, then complaint, they will certainly look for the person whose name on stamp. When I notice that they charge their clients with significantly different price with the fee that they pay me, I began thinking of opening my own translation business even though it is not a sworn translator. I finally opened a freelance account on the net that we have to find our clients by ourselves and expect to receive payment just after the translation works finished.
    To join them, they do not require degree in language, at least in my experience.
    How do I find A Freelance Translator ?
    Seemingly, I always have some trouble when, I am placed at the position that I have to meet deadlines. I found myself translating in the midnight because the next day would be the deadline.. In my previous journalistic career, after attending press conferences, I had to write more or less one page in length article in a hurry and submit the article to the editor to be upload in online site. Journalist is always pushed that they have to be the first in reporting news at the speed of at least at the same time (it can be up to in hours, minutes, or even in seconds) like others journalistic offices. Some of journalists do the writing on the spot, exactly at the press conferences location. In translation business, the clients always demand that their order has to be finished within the deadline. Typical translation deadline that I know is three to four working days for more or less 20 pages, word count 8000s. Some may be better than I did. Everyday, on average, as a translator, ideally, we have to finish translating minimum 5 pages approx 2000words per day to meet the 4 working days deadline. I was once complained because of late delivery. I only got once revision (+1 working day) demand from clients after finishing my project.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    639 so/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I don't understand if this is a thread for straight up asking for advice or telling your story and maybe get some advice, I'm sorry.
    Either one is fine, but I'd suggest opening a thread in the blog section if the second one is your situation.
    I don't think that it's so personal
    Anymore
    I don't think that it's irreversible
    Anymore
    Sometimes I feel like I'm a sentimental trooper.

6w5 - 3w4 - 9w8 so/sp
    RLUEI
    Chaotic neutral.
    LII-Ne.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    - None

@Methylene. Blogging need at least 500 posting.