User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: I need help

  1. #1
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    32,597

    Default I need help

    need to get working on the job search but i need to keep my insurance and i can't work over a certain amount of hours nor make more than a certain amount or else i lose my insurance and i don't want to tell the employer this because they'll know i have a disability and then i'll get discriminated against. if we had universal health care this wouldn't be an issue. I can't work full time, when i thought i was starting a business i was really stressed and was convinced my house was gonna be bugged (I thought this for a week until the stress was resolved) I am looking for a therapist who helps with stress reduction, but no dice so far....

    I guess I'm partially scared one point of evidence is America Works called me and I've been avoiding calling them back. so I guess I'm looking for suggestions

    if i was able to work full time i'd just do that and get insurance through them
    Last edited by prplchknz; 08-10-2019 at 08:22 AM.

  2. #2
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    32,597

    Default

    what if even part time jobs cause that amount of stress that i also get pushed over the edge? I realize I need to try to find this out. I don't get why I'm so terrified

    i guess the good news is i can become president (that's a joke)

  3. #3
    alchemist Legion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    The main job my degree qualifies me for is a full-time job, and I don't think I can handle those sorts of hours, unless the job was especially energetically conducive.

    There doesn't seem to be a lot of part-time work, at least where I'm from. Part-time job advertisements usually indicate how many hours the job will be for.

    I suspect that whether the job causes too much stress would depend a lot on the nature of the job and the work environment, so it's hard to know unless you try it.
    the lone star flies alone
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

  4. #4
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    32,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    The main job my degree qualifies me for is a full-time job, and I don't think I can handle those sorts of hours, unless the job was especially energetically conducive.

    There doesn't seem to be a lot of part-time work, at least where I'm from. Part-time job advertisements usually indicate how many hours the job will be for.

    I suspect that whether the job causes too much stress would depend a lot on the nature of the job and the work environment, so it's hard to know unless you try it.
    thanks, yeah it will be hard to know without going in first

  5. #5

    Default

    Why not give America Works a chance? They help place people with disabilities.

  6. #6
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    32,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bechimo View Post
    Why not give America Works a chance? They help place people with disabilities.
    I plan to, I just need to get up the courage to call.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I plan to, I just need to get up the courage to call.
    Not sure of your disability but if you're on the schizophrenia spectrum, this article might be interesting.

    https://confinedtosuccess.com/jobs-f...schizophrenia/

  8. #8
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    32,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bechimo View Post
    Not sure of your disability but if you're on the schizophrenia spectrum, this article might be interesting.

    https://confinedtosuccess.com/jobs-f...schizophrenia/
    I am actually thanks i'll read it now
    Likes rav3n liked this post

  9. #9
    alchemist Legion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Also bringing Jungian type into it:

    If you're ENFP (applies to INFP too), the Te (organisation, efficiency, planning) and Si (attention to detail, regular duties, to-do lists) focus of the working world can be stressful, but do-able.

    Jobs that the ENFPs I've known have done typically involve working with people. Social work, teaching, sales etc. And of course anything artistic from song-writing to architecture is a good fit for ENFP.

    If socialising is difficult, that complicates things. I have a similar issue being Fe-auxiliary but with social anxiety, because it's hard for me to utilise the natural people-skills that come with Fe.

    You mentioned that you completed your studies recently. What degree did you do?
    the lone star flies alone
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

  10. #10
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    32,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Also bringing Jungian type into it:

    If you're ENFP (applies to INFP too), the Te (organisation, efficiency, planning) and Si (attention to detail, regular duties, to-do lists) focus of the working world can be stressful, but do-able.

    Jobs that the ENFPs I've known have done typically involve working with people. Social work, teaching, sales etc. And of course anything artistic from song-writing to architecture is a good fit for ENFP.

    If socialising is difficult, that complicates things. I have a similar issue being Fe-auxiliary but with social anxiety, because it's hard for me to utilise the natural people-skills that come with Fe.

    You mentioned that you completed your studies recently. What degree did you do?
    General studies

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] ISTP needs help
    By nanashi in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 02-23-2009, 03:20 PM
  2. GUYS, I need help typing my manfriend!
    By Hotherym in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 06-12-2008, 11:34 PM
  3. [ISTP] Married to an ISTP and need help!
    By CestMoi in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 02-25-2008, 10:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO